Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Parking: We're starting at the Swan for a few days and moving to the Reserve. When do you think we will have to move our car? Would we be okay until mid-afternoon?

This has been hit and miss. My room was completely cleaned every day while my friends was not.
That's sad and crazy to be so inconsistent, but the fact that some rooms got services everyday is a good sign.

Parking: We're starting at the Swan for a few days and moving to the Reserve. When do you think we will have to move our car? Would we be okay until mid-afternoon?
I really doubt they care, my gut says that Swan lot is larger so you could probably even leave it there if you wanted. If you want use the S/D app to text but I'd just ask when you check in.

Hi everyone - I posted last month about my troubles trying to book an alcove room with a standard connected as one room. Today I went through the same run around trying to get ahold of someone an in-house reservations (which I never got through to) because I noticed they charged me twice for the resort fee. I was unable to reach the front desk as well as every time I was transferred it disconnected.

Finally I texted via the on-property text number and they had someone call me back. Unfortunately, I don’t think the person knew what he was doing. He told me I couldn’t add a day because my specific room type wasn’t available. Which is fine I said I’ll book a standard and then move and then he told me every room at all three resorts are sold out. I went on my computer and searched the S&D site and there are rooms available for that date. I’m pretty frustrated with this whole experience. It’s so unbelievably hard to get ahold of someone AT the resort. I feel inclined to try someone else about adding a day to my reservation because I’m unsure if this person knew what he was doing, but having to dedicate a couple hours to get ahold of someone is not something I care to do again. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong or if this is just a common theme with S&D. 😵‍💫

Unfortunately it seems to be a common theme regardless of who you're calling...everyone everywhere seems to be short staffed. Every time I call anywhere (insurance company, Southwest, Disney, etc.) it seems there's "a higher volume of callers than usual" and an extended wait...wishing you luck you get this sorted out...

That's sad and crazy to be so inconsistent, but the fact that some rooms got services everyday is a good sign.

I really doubt they care, my gut says that Swan lot is larger so you could probably even leave it there if you wanted. If you want use the S/D app to text but I'd just ask when you check in.
I also wonder if Bonvoy status has something to do with it. I am Titanium and my friend was nothing. Just something to ponder.

Unfortunately it seems to be a common theme regardless of who you're calling...everyone everywhere seems to be short staffed. Every time I call anywhere (insurance company, Southwest, Disney, etc.) it seems there's "a higher volume of callers than usual" and an extended wait...wishing you luck you get this sorted out...
Totally get that. I’m always overly kind on the phone because I know how overwhelming times are right now. The problem with their phone numbers is, at least in my case, they always kick over to the main call center even when I have been purposefully sent to in-house. And then I have to hang up and start over again. It’s just frustrating. I couldn’t even reach the main desk today.

You aren't going to have a problem leaving it at the Swan. Those lots are actually available to day guests as well, you pay when you leave so they have plenty of spaces.

Either one. If you are there you can instruct them to meet you in the lobby. Otherwise they will leave with bell services for you.
Once it's left with bell services - do they just keep it there until we go to pick it up?

Also - if we want them to leave it with bell services - what do we put on the instacart order?

Hi everyone - I posted last month about my troubles trying to book an alcove room with a standard connected as one room. Today I went through the same run around trying to get ahold of someone an in-house reservations (which I never got through to) because I noticed they charged me twice for the resort fee. I was unable to reach the front desk as well as every time I was transferred it disconnected...
That's just so odd, over the years that in-house reservaton team has been wonderful. Just to verify that you are calling the local # between say 9AM-4PM east coast time? I sort of hate to say it but you might try calling back again. I'm just at a loss as they have been the go to for resolving problems. Should you call again, you might ask if the person is actually answering the phone from the S/D hotels.

I also wonder if Bonvoy status has something to do with it. I am Titanium and my friend was nothing. Just something to ponder.
That very well could be it, though I find that sad that they are treating guests differently based on their "status". I still find it very odd that they are not back to full daily room cleanings for all guests. If Hawaii can do it surely Florida can too.

It seems I have been appointed official Disney Travel agent for family who will be travelling to WDW in Oct :). They will be joining us at Universal for a few days afterwards. They purchased a Swan Resort package but are confused about when/where they get the tix. Do the tix get mailed out after final payment is made or do they get picked up at Swan upon check in or at guest services at a park? They've received conflicting info. We are in Canada, if that makes a difference. Cheers to all.

That's just so odd, over the years that in-house reservaton team has been wonderful. Just to verify that you are calling the local # between say 9AM-4PM east coast time? I sort of hate to say it but you might try calling back again. I'm just at a loss as they have been the go to for resolving problems. Should you call again, you might ask if the person is actually answering the phone from the S/D hotels.

I had a great experience last year booking the same room type. I’ve tried the 888 number and two different 407 numbers. I know when they are busy it automatically reroutes to the main call center. When someone answers I always ask if it’s in-house first. They try to help but tell me the room type I’m trying to book or modify doesn’t exist. So I know now I can only have my reservation handled by in-house reservations. But that’s hard when I can’t get ahold of them. And when I finally got to speak to someone from the resort they told me all three locations were sold out of all room types for the date I’m trying add on, however, the website says otherwise. Im going to try again first thing in the morning and hopefully I get through!

Do you get early park entry when staying at Dolphin? That's what we were told and why we booked there, but our app and reservations say at park open so was confused.

They do say the Grotto pool is heated, but that the heat is pretty much lost as the water is recirculated through the water falls.
The temp has been a frequent complaint since my first stay at the Swan (which was more years ago than I care to mention). During those early years there were frequent attempts to try to warn the water without success.
A friend who works at the complex assures me it is heated at some level and I do trust his word.
Makes total sense. Thanks for clarifying.

This will be our first time staying at the Swan, which we booked with tickets through Costco. Our tickets do show up on MDE, is it essential to get hard copies at will call? We all have Magic Bands. We arrive late afternoon on a Saturday in May, and the plan is to check-in and go to MK for fireworks to kick off the vacation. If we must have hard copies, then we will ride the Swan Transportation to TTC. If no hard copies needed, then we will catch a Boardwalk bus.

This will be our first time staying at the Swan, which we booked with tickets through Costco. Our tickets do show up on MDE, is it essential to get hard copies at will call? We all have Magic Bands. We arrive late afternoon on a Saturday in May, and the plan is to check-in and go to MK for fireworks to kick off the vacation. If we must have hard copies, then we will ride the Swan Transportation to TTC. If no hard copies needed, then we will catch a Boardwalk bus.
Call in house reservations and they will fix it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter