Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

If we want to avoid taking the dolphin Mears bus to the TTC - what’s the closest hotel to get to from dolphin for Magic kingdom - boardwalk or yacht and beach club?

how about for animal kkng?
I think it depends on where you start from. I think it's pretty negligible. Technically, I guess if you start from Swan, Boardwalk is closer. If you start from Dolphin, Beach Club is closer. Either way though, I think we are talking maybe a 100 feet either way.

I think it depends on where you start from. I think it's pretty negligible. Technically, I guess if you start from Swan, Boardwalk is closer. If you start from Dolphin, Beach Club is closer. Either way though, I think we are talking maybe a 100 feet either way.
Once you reach hotel - which has the closer bus stop - becomes my next question lol

Once you reach hotel - which has the closer bus stop - becomes my next question lol

I always just go to The Boardwalk bus stop - it's .75 miles from the Dolphin (at least according to my fit bit). I go through the lobby, do one last potty break, and then walk out the front door of the lobby to the left and the bus stop.

I'm never sure if Yacht and Beach Club are going to have to share a bus. But if you are on a ground floor room at the Dolphin on the Yacht Club Side that would probably be faster.

I'm surprised about the no housekeeping posts because I modified my reservation on Sunday and the in house reservations woman said there is daily housekeeping if we want it.
Question: if I want to have Baby formula delivered to the Dolphin ahead of time ( it's ready to feed and will be a large box but doesn't need to be refrigerated) , who can I call to speak about that? And will there be a charge?

A couple quick notes about the Swan (here now) -
The room — we are in a 2 queen room. Our room feels clean but is showing some age — nothing unexpected from a Marriott. My main complaint would be that the water pressure in the shower is not good. A minor issue to us — not worth complaining. Hotel is sold out.
We were told housekeeping comes on 4th day of our stay and they did. We’ve requested things like more towels in the mean time and they’ve always come.
room service has been great — you can order through the hotel app and it is cool that the room service menu includes dishes off the menus of the luxury restaurants like Il Mulino, Shula’s, etc.
No issue getting chairs at the pool in the afternoon. FYI for those with kids — Slide supposedly open until 7 but closed at 5 both times we were there.
Microwaves are on floors 3 and 6 — located next to ice machines near elevator.
If using grocery delivery make sure you specify very clearly that you are at the Swan and not the swan reserve. Our groceries accidentally got delivered to the Reserve on our first day despite us providing the address for the Swan.

Thank you for sharing that. It is helpful to have those distances for my son who is a distance runner (missing his first week of track practice for a week at Disney, whoops!) to be able to plan his distances out ahead of time and have options for runs.

Forgive me if you already knew this, but I read your reply and it reminded me of some articles. Disney has tons of running paths everywhere if you son is interested in getting a change in scenery.
https://allears.net/walt-disney-world/wdw-planning/running-jogging-trails-and-tips/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/jogging/

Are they doing daily housekeeping? If so, what services are they doing? If not, are they doing it at all? Thanks!

We were asked if we wanted daily housekeeping at the Dolphin, and we said yes. They did a full clean on day 1, but today nothing. Carts are in the halls thought, if you need extra supplies.

We were at SR before Dolphin and weren’t given the daily housekeeping option. They did come and empty trash and replenish waters though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter