Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I wonder if there was a problem with the heating system, as it has been heated in the past..

https://swandolphin.com/activities/pools-beach-and-watercraft-rentals/

Get ready for fun in the sun! With five heated pools – not to mention whirlpools, fountains and waterfalls – all nestled in an exotic tropical environment, you’ll find the perfect spot to relax in the shade or tan in the sun.
It must have been broken. There was a huge difference between the big pool and the smaller pool right next to it one night.

It must have been broken. There was a huge difference between the big pool and the smaller pool right next to it one night.
This was also the case back in November. Huge temperature difference between those two… once we got in the pool on the side I couldn’t go back 😂

We are staying at the Dolphin next month. We made our reservations direct online with marriott.
When is final payment due? Do they charge your card when you check in?

Please tell me about your experience taking Uber/Lyft from Swan to MK in the early morning. The drop-off is at TTC. How did it work out for you? Thanks.

Please tell me about your experience taking Uber/Lyft from Swan to MK in the early morning. The drop-off is at TTC. How did it work out for you? Thanks.
I haven not done this early in the morning, but you could consider Uber/Lyft to the Contemporary and walking from there to avoid TTC.

This is a good idea. I do want to use Marriott points however so I wonder if that would work. I was going to pay for one room and burn points for the other.

I have done this. I called in-house reservations to confirm they had availability for alcove connections first. Then they had me book a room on points on my own online. Then I called back and then connected the alcove room as a “points room upgrade”. It was an additional $250/ night taxes included at the time. One night deposit required (but refundable). There would be one resort fee for the set of the rooms.

I ended up having to cancel due to international lockdowns at the time of my trip. I was able to cancel the points room myself online. I had to call in-house reservations to cancel the upgrade, and refund was issued immediately.

Also to mention, I have 2 “adult” DDs. I made sure the agent assigned 2 adults to one room, and 2 adults to the other so that I wouldn’t be charged extra adult fees — and since Disney requires every name on the reservation. This was not a problem but make sure to confirm.

This can’t be correct. What if I went to the mall and needed to return to my hotel? I used Uber a ton on my last visit.
If you're staying there you can absolutely use an Uber. You have to have a hotel or dining reservation. What was being proposed was for someone not staying there to take an Uber to the Contemporary to avoid being dropped at the TTC to get into MK. Disney put a stop to that practice.

I wonder if there was a problem with the heating system, as it has been heated in the past..

https://swandolphin.com/activities/pools-beach-and-watercraft-rentals/

Get ready for fun in the sun! With five heated pools – not to mention whirlpools, fountains and waterfalls – all nestled in an exotic tropical environment, you’ll find the perfect spot to relax in the shade or tan in the sun.

They do say the Grotto pool is heated, but that the heat is pretty much lost as the water is recirculated through the water falls.
The temp has been a frequent complaint since my first stay at the Swan (which was more years ago than I care to mention). During those early years there were frequent attempts to try to warn the water without success.
A friend who works at the complex assures me it is heated at some level and I do trust his word.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter