Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Isn't the Swan already available for the rest of this year? We book Marriott hotels something like 50 weeks in advance. I see packages on the Disney website and other sites that are available now. Though the Disney website probably includes the ticket price increase already. Are you sure you can't get a better deal booking hotel and tickets separately?

I was trying to make a reservation for the week after Thanksgiving and it was showing no availability (on any website, Marriott, Disney etc), and it never occurred to me that it would already be sold out for that week. But because of your assertiion that the Swan is already available for the rest of the year, I checked a different week later in Dec and just as you said, there is availability. Who knew the Swan would sell out already in Feb for that week after Tday? Darn. But thanks for the response!

I was trying to make a reservation for the week after Thanksgiving and it was showing no availability (on any website, Marriott, Disney etc), and it never occurred to me that it would already be sold out for that week. But because of your assertiion that the Swan is already available for the rest of the year, I checked a different week later in Dec and just as you said, there is availability. Who knew the Swan would sell out already in Feb for that week after Tday? Darn. But thanks for the response!

There might be a convention that week that has blocked a lot of the rooms. Maybe book a back-up and keep checking?

Question--for those who have booked two rooms at Dolphin, how easy was it to get connecting rooms? Are there a ton of those rooms, such that the request is usually/easily offered, or is this a difficult thing to actually get? Thanks!

If you need two rooms and have them connect, it would be more helpful to call inhouse reservations at 1-888-828-8850 during regular business hours (9 to 5 Eastern) and book one of their connected room suites - like the King Alcove Room that connects to rooms on each side. Right now one of the category's on the Swan/Dolphin website is "Family Room" which doesn't show on Marriot's site: https://swandolphin.com/accommodations/family-room/

Not only will you be guaranteed connecting rooms, it will show as one reservation which will result in a single resort fee VS a resort fee for each room.

If you need two rooms and have them connect, it would be more helpful to call inhouse reservations at 1-888-828-8850 during regular business hours (9 to 5 Eastern) and book one of their connected room suites - like the King Alcove Room that connects to rooms on each side. Right now one of the category's on the Swan/Dolphin website is "Family Room" which doesn't show on Marriot's site: https://swandolphin.com/accommodations/family-room/

Not only will you be guaranteed connecting rooms, it will show as one reservation which will result in a single resort fee VS a resort fee for each room.
This is a good idea. I do want to use Marriott points however so I wonder if that would work. I was going to pay for one room and burn points for the other.

Do you have to call to book this type of room? I can't seem to find it on their reservations page.

This is a good idea. I do want to use Marriott points however so I wonder if that would work. I was going to pay for one room and burn points for the other.

Not sure about points.... And if you use points you STILL have to pay the resort fee.

Do you have to call to book this type of room? I can't seem to find it on their reservations page.

Yes, you have to call. This type of room as well as some of the suites aren't available online - only through the in-house reservations which is available 9 to 5 (ish) Eastern time.

Just checked in to the Swan. Let me know if anyone needs anything while I’m here. We booked a traditional 2 queen room and got a small balcony. Room was ready for checkin by around 2:15pm.
I assume they are following the same mask rules as Disney where you don't need it unless you are on a bus/monorail?

How does the timing compare to bus to MK, using on site busses to the TTC versus walking to YC/BW to ride to the front gate? I’m assuming it’s ~15 minute walk from Reserve to one of the resort bus stops. Is it likely to take more than 15 minutes to transfer from TTC to the park via monorail/ferry? Certainly its less walking, but how about time?

How does the timing compare to bus to MK, using on site busses to the TTC versus walking to YC/BW to ride to the front gate? I’m assuming it’s ~15 minute walk from Reserve to one of the resort bus stops. Is it likely to take more than 15 minutes to transfer from TTC to the park via monorail/ferry? Certainly its less walking, but how about time?
I’d say there’s lots of variables. You might walk to YC/BC/BWI and just miss the bus and have to wait 20+ minutes for the next. You might be able to catch a bus right away from S/D/SR and have to wait 10 minutes for the monorail or for the ferry to load. Or you could get lucky and have zero waiting. Either way, it’s a gamble.

PSA for winter visitors. The big, nice pool with the water slide is not heated. This is likely mentioned elsewhere in this thread but I missed it before we went and found out the hard way.
I wonder if there was a problem with the heating system, as it has been heated in the past..

https://swandolphin.com/activities/pools-beach-and-watercraft-rentals/

Get ready for fun in the sun! With five heated pools – not to mention whirlpools, fountains and waterfalls – all nestled in an exotic tropical environment, you’ll find the perfect spot to relax in the shade or tan in the sun.

PSA for winter visitors. The big, nice pool with the water slide is not heated. This is likely mentioned elsewhere in this thread but I missed it before we went and found out the hard way.
My kids had no problem swimming in it. It felt a little cool to me but on a hot day would be perfect. Not sure if the heat was broken or they just have it not as warm as hot weather is coming ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter