Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I apologize if this has been asked. I could not figure out how to search threads within a topic (and there are 844 pages)
My wife and I just booked at the Swan Reserve for December 2022. I see on the Marriott site that they do have laundry and dry cleaning services, but I can find no other specifics. I was wondering if the Swan Reserve has their own laundry facility or if it shares the laundry facility over at the Dolphin? Does anyone know that has been there since it opened? Thanks!!

@Wells Larsen looking at the SDR website and app I don't find anything for Swan Reserve on laundry, but on Disney's site I found this "24-hour self-service laundry rooms are located on the lower level of Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel. Machine tokens can be purchased in the laundry room." I feel pretty confident that what Disney posted is accurate since they don't have laundry at the Swan either. If you don't have the SDR Mobile App I would suggest getting it. You can also text them your question by using the app, click on I'm On Property then Text Us! - they are good about getting back via the text. Disney's info about dry cleaning seemed accurate, calling housekeeping from your room phone, but that did seem generic. But I feel confident they have a dry cleaning option.

Hi everyone! I have a question about Swan Alcove rooms. I have a good idea where the balcony rooms are located but does anyone know where the non balcony alcove rooms are? Just curious to see what requests I should make for location.

Hi everyone! I have a question about Swan Alcove rooms. I have a good idea where the balcony rooms are located but does anyone know where the non balcony alcove rooms are? Just curious to see what requests I should make for location.
These are I know

Here too

One round window, one single glass window, 2 4 panes windows.

Can anybody tell me how to mark up a Google map? :confused:

Just had one in December. Room # 543. 5th floor end of hallway facing toward Dolphin and over that little garden area where they sometimes do events (essentially above Il Mulino) from the bedroom and toward Boardwalk resort out of the circular alcove window. Was a nice location. Not too far from the elevator (exiting elevator took a right then quick left and went to end of short hall). Was right next to a stairwell that let out onto the courtyard between Swan and Dolphin and walkway toward Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach.

We've stayed at the S&D in the past but it's been a while. I made a reservation yesterday afternoon and still am unable to link to MDE. Is that normal? It seems like before there were two reservation numbers and the one that would come in the email was for MDE. Could be remembering incorrectly? Anyway, I only see one confirmation # and it doesn't seem to want to work yet. Something up or I need to be patient lol?

We've stayed at the S&D in the past but it's been a while. I made a reservation yesterday afternoon and still am unable to link to MDE. Is that normal? It seems like before there were two reservation numbers and the one that would come in the email was for MDE. Could be remembering incorrectly? Anyway, I only see one confirmation # and it doesn't seem to want to work yet. Something up or I need to be patient lol?
I find that bookings made over a weekend can take about a day longer to link to MDE. You may want to try later in the day, today; if that doesn't work, try tomorrow morning, after about 9:00.

personally I wouldsend A few emails to management and marriot and Disney and when free time was available speak to the highest level I could get access to. Also don’t low ball yourself, I would insist respectfully that it should be at least 3 nights one on both ends of the incident plus another for the problems now incurred bysplitting the suite into Rooms. Might even offhandedly mention concern over damage to your property and if they offer free dry cleaning for clothes that were damaged, or if there is a specific procedure to email any permanent damage to anything/or health concerns as a result of the problems in the previous room (got to keep them on their toes, but if there is any actual damage it would be a serious inquiry). Keep records of everything and if they don’t play ball for at least one night I would personally look at options with my credit cards. They know they owe you for that,they just don’t want to do what’s right. If you come across as too angry it won’t work out ime, but also if you are too gentle they will just steam roll you.
Note: I haven’t had this happen to me at this hotel, just general advice from your friendly neighborhood Karen.

note 2: this is the kind of thing that can be done when you leave.while on vacation. Personally I would do some initial contacts (emails and to head property manager, most likely) and look into any hotel policies. Mostly focus on documentation of everything so that if they fail to set it right after the fact, You are prepared to strike and know which rules/policies to focus on. Totally Not necessary to take time out of your trip beyond that, just to see if they are proactive-in doing the right thing. Email is great here as it leaves a paper trail of what they say if you need to go that route, and you can just copy and paste your message.
So sorry about the problems you are experiencing. If you will still be there for a number of days, you may want to ask if you can be moved to a suite at the Swan or Dolphin, instead of having to stay in two standard rooms at the Reserve.

The issue of the Swan Reserve not being able to comp part of your stay could be that as you booked through Disney, you were not a customer of the Reserve, Disney was. You should try to contact Disney Central Reservations, or possibly their wholesale department, for compensation; Disney would then get credit from the Reserve, to be passed on to you.

I recall there being previous reports of water leaks at the Reserve before/after its opening this year.

i just wanted to update now that I am home from my vacation. The head manager contacted me the next day. I discussed with him what the manager had offered after I had worked with him. I told the head manager that I was not satisfied with room credit for the one night and wanted the credit card reimbursed for the night. He said it was no problem and reimbursed us for our complete Shula's bill for the night. I was satisfied with that. I wished I would have dealt with him from the beginning but it seems like if I hadn't spoken up, the hotel would have offered as little as possible. I am glad that experience is behind me. Thanks for all the suggestions. And I was able to enjoy the rest of my vacation.

Hi! Relatives are planning a stay at the Swan while I'm at Beach Club for the upcoming Princess weekend. Does anyone know if there's a way they can "legally" invite me over to use the pool with them? Thanks in advance!

Hi! Relatives are planning a stay at the Swan while I'm at Beach Club for the upcoming Princess weekend. Does anyone know if there's a way they can "legally" invite me over to use the pool with them? Thanks in advance!

Not sure what you mean by "legally", but I can tell you we have done it in the past. We were at BC and our friends at Swan. Since the quiet pool at BC was so chilly, we decided to spend the afternoon at Swan with them. It was not a problem.

Not sure what you mean by "legally", but I can tell you we have done it in the past. We were at BC and our friends at Swan. Since the quiet pool at BC was so chilly, we decided to spend the afternoon at Swan with them. It was not a problem.

"Legally" meaning that I'm not sneaking in.

Good to know that it's possible! Thank you.

@bumpershoot, I looked but I don't see SwanDolphin using the resort pass system, that allowed people to buy a day pass at a resort for like $20. It's a great pool but over the years I recall others popping over without an issue. While your technically sneaking in, as long as your not getting drunk or being obnoxious I don't think they are going to care.

Just returned from my first stay at the Reserve. I really enjoyed it. It was quiet, comfortable, and the staff was great. I ran into one issue at check out. Someone's bar charge was on my account. It was corrected, but somewhat concerning. I didn't charge anything to my room so I'm not sure how they approve room charges there. There should be some sort of verification. It's a good thing I didn't do express check out. Dealing with it later would have been a pain. I didn't end up using the buses. On the day I hopped to AK, I tried to find it when leaving, but it's not listed on the sign. It was pouring rain and no CMs we're around, so I just went to BW and walked back. I prefer the quaint nature of the Reserve over the Dolphin. I haven't tried the Swan yet, but I think that will be next.

It should not be a problem. You either can take a 10 minute walk over there from the BC or hop on a Friendship boat, if there is one waiting at the YC dock, for a 5 minute ride.

There would be a problem, however, if your family wanted to come over to the BC, to make use of Stormalong Bay, as they would not have proof that they are BC/YC or BCV guests, which would be required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter