Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I say this as a Swan lover and having never stayed at Reserve so my favoritism will be showing…
Twice we caught the park bus at Swan and ended up taking the loop around to the Reserve pick-up area. From ground level we thought the Reserve looked like a cement box, or at least on two sides of the building. We were very glad to have decided to stick with Swan (and our lovely balcony).
Thanks everyone that replied and reassured me I want making an obvious mistake! I'm a Swan lover as well...just can't help it.

Returning to the issue of S&D guests not being able to purchase ILL$ due to technical problems . . . .

I just posted this on a different thread, but I thought it was worth mentioning here as well:

I have been concerned about this issue for weeks, after reading many horror stories on these boards. I had no problem linking my Swan reservation when I first made it months ago. And it has consistently appeared on MDE. Until today. Our trip begins on Friday. I checked in to the hotel today on the Marriott App, after having received a message from the hotel to do so. Right after I checked in, the reservation disappeared from MDE. (Coincidence? I have no idea.)

I just added it back in, and MDE recognized it right away. I'm hoping that that solved the problem. I will be vigilant about checking repeatedly to make sure that the reservation is still there, including checking again before 7 a.m. on Saturday (my first park day). But I still don't know whether that will guarantee my ability to book ILL$ rides.

Same here! I got the email reminder to check into the resort and when I checked MDE it was gone. I added it back and it shows as linked now. Arriving tomorrow and hope not to have any trouble during our stay.

Curious if there are any data points of checking in only in person at the hotel and not having tech issues?

I haven't stayed at Swan before but am staying there in a couple weeks during super peak season so very much hoping to dodge this issue. I do stay at Marriott family hotels often and never use the online check-in because I've always suspected it may lower one's chance for elite upgrades so I would have been planning to check in only in person anyway.

Hoping someone here can help:

How long should we give ourselves to get back to Dolphin from MK at 8:00 park close?

Thinking the fastest way is grab the Boardwalk or BC/YC bus. If we want to Uber, it’s probably fastest to walk to CR right?

Hoping someone here can help:

How long should we give ourselves to get back to Dolphin from MK at 8:00 park close?

Thinking the fastest way is grab the Boardwalk or BC/YC bus. If we want to Uber, it’s probably fastest to walk to CR right?
I would say 30 minutes tops.

And yes, I would say if Uber, get it from the CR.

So worried about the 7am bookings. We are going Saturday. We booked through WDW with a travel agent. What should i look out for? Do I need to get a park ticket then link when I check in? We should be at the Swan around 8:30am.
Any advice is welcomed!

Yes, you should be able to use Magic Bands for Memory Maker, park tickets/entry, and tapping in for Genie+/ILL$.

Do you know if your package was booked through Disney, a 3rd party, or separately (ie tickets through WDW, resort stay directly with Marriott)? How it’s booked makes a difference. I booked a package through Costco but I still had to link the resort stay and tickets in MDE separately.
Booked through WDW with a Disney travel agent.

Just check MDE at a little before 7AM to make sure your resort stay is showing up. If so, you should be good to go... if not have the resort confirmation number read so you can link it back with MDE.

But my guess is if you booked with WDW and it's a package... less likely to be an issue.

Does anyone know if the Swan is doing anything special for NYE? We were at Epcot a couple years ago for NYE & way too many people for me. Went back to the hotel which was Port Orleans at the time, and they had their own party. I wish I would have known before we went to Epcot that night. So just trying to know in advance. Thanks,

Does anyone know if the Swan is doing anything special for NYE? We were at Epcot a couple years ago for NYE & way too many people for me. Went back to the hotel which was Port Orleans at the time, and they had their own party. I wish I would have known before we went to Epcot that night. So just trying to know in advance. Thanks,
Shula’s at the Dolphin and Il Mulino at the Swan have New Year’s Eve menus for 2021.

We are frequent flyers at WDW but generally always stay on our DVC. Making an extra trip for a dance comp this coming year, and have decided to check out S & D as we have stayed at YC before and loved the proximity to EP & HS. Tried to call through Disney booking lines earlier and it was over an hour wait. Hopped on to book directly through Marriott site, and it looked to be easy easy. Is there any loss of benefit or “connection” to the reservation if you will, if I bypass Disney and book it direct?

We are frequent flyers at WDW but generally always stay on our DVC. Making an extra trip for a dance comp this coming year, and have decided to check out S & D as we have stayed at YC before and loved the proximity to EP & HS. Tried to call through Disney booking lines earlier and it was over an hour wait. Hopped on to book directly through Marriott site, and it looked to be easy easy. Is there any loss of benefit or “connection” to the reservation if you will, if I bypass Disney and book it direct?

I would never book Swan/Dolphin through Disney - go straight to the source and either book through the Marriott website or call Swan/Dolphin directly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter