• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@jimrpa I get the water bottle annoyance, but the free water bottle(s) of water was an SPG benefit that Marriott dropped (quietly). But S/D has continued and a few other SPG properties I stay at still do too. Policy was always 2 free extras would cost, but I'm not sure they charged. During Covid they seems much more willing to refill with more than just 2 though. I bet if you ask housekeeping they will probably still give you more. Enjoy your stay and thanks for the live reporting.

PSA: Anyone doing the W&D and staying at the Swan Reserve should contact the front desk ASAP and explicitly let the front desk know that they are here for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon and may not be available on Saturday evening since they have to catch a bus to the race at 2:30 AM on Sunday morning.

@jimrpa I get the water bottle annoyance, but the free water bottle(s) of water was an SPG benefit that Marriott dropped (quietly). But S/D has continued and a few other SPG properties I stay at still do too. Policy was always 2 free extras would cost, but I'm not sure they charged. During Covid they seems much more willing to refill with more than just 2 though. I bet if you ask housekeeping they will probably still give you more. Enjoy your stay and thanks for the live reporting.
Many Marriotts would give Elites bottled water as a welcome gift. Not the same thing as SPG I know. All of the former SPG properties I stay at continue the free bottled water and most marriotts (particularly the “value” properties like FI & TPS will always toss some water at you on check in and happily give you more during your stay on request. Of course, I’m sure a RC is happy to sell you a bottle of VASA (or whatever it is) for $8 from the minibar 😀😀😀

Hi-this is the first time I am staying at the swan but I was only able to get a reservation for one night out of my stay there. I am trying to find out how if works for parking at Disney and the early magic hours. Do I get early access on both my check in and check out days or just my check out day? What about parking at Disney? Do I have to go to the swan to check in early to get a room key or can I show my reservation through my Disney app? I am not sure how to show a key if my room isn’t ready yet or if it is on check out and I have to return my key before leaving.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Does the reserve get access to the new deluxe extra magic hours?

Yes

Hi-this is the first time I am staying at the swan but I was only able to get a reservation for one night out of my stay there. I am trying to find out how if works for parking at Disney and the early magic hours. Do I get early access on both my check in and check out days or just my check out day? What about parking at Disney? Do I have to go to the swan to check in early to get a room key or can I show my reservation through my Disney app? I am not sure how to show a key if my room isn’t ready yet or if it is on check out and I have to return my key before leaving.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Best practice for early hours/extended evening hours is to link through MDE and then show the app when needed. Saw some early data points of people showing their room key as well, but not sure if that is still working, especially for extended evening hours. You can get early/late access on both check-in and check-out days, but I understand they might have to manually look at your MDE on those days rather than just scanning through the turnstile.

Someone should come along and answer your parking questions.

What is the best way to get to MK for EE tomorrow? I think the buses changed from last time I was here and go to the TTC now? How much of a hassle is that vs getting bus elsewhere and going straight to park entrance. Have impatient kids so not trying to be front pack of EE just want to get into park around 830 use what we can of it

Is there a microwave for guests to use at the Swan Reserve, like at Dolphin? And do folks know if platinum breakfast coupons are stackable (say for a five night stay, use several of the coupons together)?

Does the reserve get access to the new deluxe extra magic hours?
Yep. Actually, the concept is pretty cool and unlike anything else at Disney. I’d say it’s close to a boutique hotel. They are still getting into the swing of things. First day startup and all, but from what I’ve seen, it definitely is worth the premium. The closest analogy I can think of is the little high end hotels inside the huge hotels in Las Vegas.

Is there a microwave for guests to use at the Swan Reserve, like at Dolphin? And do folks know if platinum breakfast coupons are stackable (say for a five night stay, use several of the coupons together)?
Yes, I have a microwave. I don’t understand about stacking the breakfast coupons. They are dated and valid for the member and one guest. They can be upgraded. For example, you can upgrade from the continental buffet to the full buffet for $15.99. I did this. The buffet is small but the quality is very good. I’d say better than the garden grove buffet. There is no custom omelet or eggs station. They do have eggs Benedict on the buffet. I just heard a server tell another table that omelets can be ordered if you are getting the buffet.

Last edited:
We'll have a couple of late nights at MK - once for the Merriest After Hours and once for the deluxe evening hours. Anyone have experience with the transportation for those late nights, do the S/D buses continue to run through the end of those events? We could plan to bus back to one of the other Epcot resorts and walk, but I suspect we'll be wiped out, so if we could avoid the extra walking, it would be nice!

Currently, I am on the phone with WDW at minute 56 of being on hold to make a simple change of the guest on My Disney Experience, which cannot be done on MDE with a WDW Swan reservation. Does anyone know how to make this change without talking to Disney themselves. It is insane to have a 90+ minute to possibly make a simple change.

@Goofy2015 did you book a package with Disney or invidual reservation with Swan direct? If you did a package, you probably have to wait on hold :( If you made a reservation direct with Swan you could call, but I sure wouldn't hang up on Disney IT just to be safe. I'd grab the SD Mobile App, select I'm On Property then use the Text Us! option and try a text to see if they can assist you. If you call SD I'd aske for In-house reservations, but see what they say first via text.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter