Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Regarding the continuously delayed opening date for the Swan Reserve and those of you that have reservations in November (I have plans for Thanksgiving week) -- how many are starting to become concerned with impacts of quality of stay? Bell services, restaurants, front desk staff, bus service, etc -- wondering if I should plan for elsewhere even if they'll actually be open in November?

Does anyone know Lucky the Bellman from the Dolphin? He told me he's moving over to the Swan Reserve. So, I am guessing that some of the staff from all areas of the current Swan/Dolphin will possibly be moving there as well....

Had reservations at SR to check in 11/1 for 5 nights in a 1BR suite (cash) and connecting 2Q room (points). I've been lurking on these boards and had been assured by Swan personnel as of Friday that SR was opening 10/28 but got an email this am cancelling my points room because of the delayed opening. Never got anything about the suite. Called the # on the email and the lady got me booked at the Dolphin in a Grand Parlor suite with a king room and a 2DB room attached at a 10% discount over my original rate (plus points). She was very nice and said I was her first call about the SR today, so I don't know if that made a difference (I am also Marriott Lifetime Platinum, so maybe that helped?) Anyway, I'm disappointed as we had the SR reservations since January planning to come to Disney for "Jersey Week" but I am hoping the Dolphin is nice enough. Never stayed there before, so keeping my fingers crossed, as well that the check in process goes smoothly in light of the recent stories I have heard here.

Also, does anyone know if the Grand Parlor suites at the Dolphin have balconies?
I believe the Deluxe designation in the room type indicates a balcony. Not all Grand Suites have a balcony. The Deluxe designation for the regular guest rooms also indicates a balcony. The Deluxe rooms are slightly higher in cost.

Toll free to on-site reservations: 888-828-8850
They probably are extremely busy. Hopefully, the wait is not the hours-long typical wait as to Disney's Central Reservations.
Finally got an operator after 40 minutes . Now on another extended hold for reservations. I'm going from someone who loves this property to being frustrated enough to bail on it
Had reservations at SR to check in 11/1 for 5 nights in a 1BR suite (cash) and connecting 2Q room (points). I've been lurking on these boards and had been assured by Swan personnel as of Friday that SR was opening 10/28 but got an email this am cancelling my points room because of the delayed opening. Never got anything about the suite. Called the # on the email and the lady got me booked at the Dolphin in a Grand Parlor suite with a king room and a 2DB room attached at a 10% discount over my original rate (plus points). She was very nice and said I was her first call about the SR today, so I don't know if that made a difference (I am also Marriott Lifetime Platinum, so maybe that helped?) Anyway, I'm disappointed as we had the SR reservations since January planning to come to Disney for "Jersey Week" but I am hoping the Dolphin is nice enough. Never stayed there before, so keeping my fingers crossed, as well that the check in process goes smoothly in light of the recent stories I have heard here.
Thanks for datapoint. How did they handle the points room? That's where I've heard that some problems have been happening.

For the points room, the SR just sent me an email with a phone number to call. The Dolphin gave me a similar room using the same points that could be attached to the Grand Parlor suite.

Now I am concerned bc my new confirmation email does not have the King Bedroom listed, just the Parlor living room with a sofa bed. The lady I spoke to said the king bed was in the Dolphin's system, not marriott's. I am hoping I do not show up to just a sofa bed since I have nothing in writing. Has anyone had a similar experience? did it turn out ok?

Regarding the continuously delayed opening date for the Swan Reserve and those of you that have reservations in November (I have plans for Thanksgiving week) -- how many are starting to become concerned with impacts of quality of stay? Bell services, restaurants, front desk staff, bus service, etc -- wondering if I should plan for elsewhere even if they'll actually be open in November?
I have been in a constant state of complaining about Bonvoy since it's inception. Not surprising that there is another devaluation coming. However, as rates at Disney deluxe resorts keep increasing, Bonvoy is still a MUCH cheaper way to stay on property, and will continue to be so for some time.

Just back from a couple nights at the Dolphin. We received great service at check-in, Fuel (quick service/grocery), bell services and pool towel service.

We didn’t receive housekeeping (or need it) and other than that, only found poolside food delivery to be slow.

Honestly, we were impressed with our stay. More often than not, we find ourselves at the Poly or Riviera, but also like CBR and POR. I think the exterior aesthetic of Swan/Dolphin has made us think this was an inferior offering. The interior and grounds are quite the opposite; we were pleasantly surprised and will certainly be back.
As @ckelly14 said, the deluxe resort prices just keep climbing, whereas these rates are so much cheaper. All of the other resorts have the same issues with housekeeping, transportation, etc- you’ll just pay a lot more for the same headaches, in my experience (3rd Disney during/since Covid).

Does anyone know Lucky the Bellman from the Dolphin? He told me he's moving over to the Swan Reserve. So, I am guessing that some of the staff from all areas of the current Swan/Dolphin will possibly be moving there as well....

My husband swears he heard the reception CM tell us that “they were bringing back the old or whole crew.” I don’t know if there were Covid layoffs, but DH’s impression was that many team members would be experienced from S/D.

I just Googled Swan Reserve and it said opening November 12
You have a link?

Never mind , saw it on Google search. Wouldn't put too much credence into that, can still book it from the 4th on through official Bonvoy site. Not that it will be open, but that Google booking ad doesn't have any real information either

For the points room, the SR just sent me an email with a phone number to call. The Dolphin gave me a similar room using the same points that could be attached to the Grand Parlor suite.

Now I am concerned bc my new confirmation email does not have the King Bedroom listed, just the Parlor living room with a sofa bed. The lady I spoke to said the king bed was in the Dolphin's system, not marriott's. I am hoping I do not show up to just a sofa bed since I have nothing in writing. Has anyone had a similar experience? did it turn out ok?

If they have booked you in a grand suite the main bedroom is attached and (the configuration is considered a one or more bedroom) off the living/dining area and contains a King it can then connect to 1 or 2 other rooms. See floor plans below. I have had some that a few that have a balcony but most that we have had do not. We prefer to request a location that we want rather than worry about a balcony. The floorplans have slight variations we have also had some that had two bathrooms rather than 3.

https://swandolphin.com/accommodations/grand-suite/

I have been in a constant state of complaining about Bonvoy since it's inception. Not surprising that there is another devaluation coming. However, as rates at Disney deluxe resorts keep increasing, Bonvoy is still a MUCH cheaper way to stay on property, and will continue to be so for some time.

Is it? From my pricing, this is true during non-peak times. Looks like that will be the case even more with Bonvoy's new "flexible points" concept.

Regarding the Bonvoy points program, if you travel a lot and are okay with being stuck to a Marriott hotel on vacation, it is one of the better points programs out there. I used to travel for work a lot, my 4 points for $1 spent on Marriott hotels was a nice perk.

If you are okay with Swan/Dolphin and if you otherwise travel and will stay at Marriott's consistently, I agree with the above. I miss my Bonvoy points - wish I could take advantage.

Newbie question - How far out should I book my room? We are thinking about a March trip. Should I book now, or will the rates go down as we get closer to the date?

@AUT1GER book as soon as you can. S/D uses dynamic pricing so as the hotel fills, rates go up. As long as you don't book a prepaid reservation you have the ability to call and rebook at a lower rate, should it happen. Just pay close attention to what you book so you understand refund options before you hit submit. If you are a AAA member you'll find those rates are usually the best bet. If you scroll back over the past month or two there have been several discussions about cancelling and rebooking for lower rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter