• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

App shows availability from Nov 4 on, but that has changed so many times already who knows. I'm checking in on the 4th so hopeful . No contact yet.

@jmcross I'm sorry. As I recall you're going mid-November so this shouldn't impact you... assuming it actually opens on the 4th.

I've got to say they are handling this so amazingly poorly. I really can't think of an opening that could be much worse. I've lost count how many times they've delayed the opening at this point, at first I understood it but now it's just a bad joke. Their complete lack of ability to set a realistic opening date is astoundingly incompetent. I do fully understand construction delays, but they should have know this months ago and never said it would be open in October. Better off to have said January and then offered some great deals for a soft opening when they were actually ready.

I've got to say they are handling this so amazingly poorly. I really can't think of an opening that could be much worse. I've lost count how many times they've delayed the opening at this point, at first I understood it but now it's just a bad joke. Their complete lack of ability to set a realistic opening date is astoundingly incompetent. I do fully understand construction delays, but they should have know this months ago and never said it would be open in October. Better off to have said January and then offered some great deals for a soft opening when they were actually ready.
So true! Anyone in the building industry know about delays, and Covid and supply chain issues have just compounded it. Lead times on products are out of control. They should have been smarter about the way they handled this.

@jmcross I'm sorry. As I recall you're going mid-November so this shouldn't impact you... assuming it actually opens on the 4th.

But is it construction delays at this point or staffing issues or supply issues?

But does seem like in these uncertain times a soft opening would have been the way to go for the hotel as well as the restaurants in them.

I know of some new construction projects near use that were completed but could not open due to staffing or supply issues.

Last time I stayed at the swan we purchased tickets from undercover tourist and then were able to pick up the actual Will Call tickets in the Swan lobby where there was a Disney ticketing desk. Is this still the case now?

But is it construction delays at this point or staffing issues or supply issues?

But does seem like in these uncertain times a soft opening would have been the way to go for the hotel as well as the restaurants in them.

I know of some new construction projects near use that were completed but could not open due to staffing or supply issues.

Just checked out yesterday. The CM at reception (very knowledgeable) mentioned an entire crew of staff was training in preparation for the opening. No idea if they have staffing issues, but visually it looks to be ongoing construction delays.

True but I'm worried that they more than likely will push back the opening even more.
I have zero faith in these clowns at this point. They were just putting on their own FB page that the official opening date was 10/28. Another lie. This constant shuffling back over months and months now is simply unacceptable!

Just checked out yesterday. The CM at reception (very knowledgeable) mentioned an entire crew of staff was training in preparation for the opening. No idea if they have staffing issues, but visually it looks to be ongoing construction delays.
Just tried to get through to in house reservations via the swan reserve local number and was on hold for over 40 minutes before giving up. Does anyone have an in house reservations number that actually works? Thanks!

I'm waiting for dates to open for my Feb 2023 stay on points and hoping I can sneak in before these changes are effective, depending on what day in March 2022 they're rolled out. Otherwise, it's widely viewed as a devaluation, especially for popular properties, which I imagine the Swolphin is. I do like the idea of being able to top up a free night award with additional points when needed, it's always frustrating to have a 35k certificate when all the properties you like are 40k!

Regarding the continuously delayed opening date for the Swan Reserve and those of you that have reservations in November (I have plans for Thanksgiving week) -- how many are starting to become concerned with impacts of quality of stay? Bell services, restaurants, front desk staff, bus service, etc -- wondering if I should plan for elsewhere even if they'll actually be open in November?

Regarding the continuously delayed opening date for the Swan Reserve and those of you that have reservations in November (I have plans for Thanksgiving week) -- how many are starting to become concerned with impacts of quality of stay? Bell services, restaurants, front desk staff, bus service, etc -- wondering if I should plan for elsewhere even if they'll actually be open in November?
Same here. Even if their opening day is my first day, I imagine this is going to be a mess. Not at all what I planned on when booking in February!

I'm waiting for dates to open for my Feb 2023 stay on points and hoping I can sneak in before these changes are effective, depending on what day in March 2022 they're rolled out. Otherwise, it's widely viewed as a devaluation, especially for popular properties, which I imagine the Swolphin is. I do like the idea of being able to top up a free night award with additional points when needed, it's always frustrating to have a 35k certificate when all the properties you like are 40k!
The article did a great job explaining this. But as one that stayed at a lot of SPG properties and having seen how Marriott "Bonvoyed" so many none of this shocks me. As on commenter said, you're best to earn and burn so you don't get caught up in this fiasco. I hope you get in before, but it wouldn't surprise me if they don't change things so they get adjusted even after the change. Fingers crossed for you.

Just tried to get through to in house reservations via the swan reserve local number and was on hold for over 40 minutes before giving up. Does anyone have an in house reservations number that actually works? Thanks!
Toll free to on-site reservations: 888-828-8850
They probably are extremely busy. Hopefully, the wait is not the hours-long typical wait as to Disney's Central Reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter