Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Can't wait to return "home" to the Dolphin next week. Shockingly it's my first time doing the S&D Food and Wine Classic! Hopefully, this trip is a little bit less crowded than my trip for 10/1...that was an interesting experience (although I am thankful I was able to stay at the Grand and get in to MK on 10/1).

Such a silly question, but I can't tolerate coffee and Coke Zero is my vice - does anyone recall if they have that down at Picabu? And are they still offering their own refillable mugs?

We're 30 days out from our first Swan/Dolphin stay and so excited, thanks to all who contribute to this thread!

Thanks all- we're flying into Miami as it's way cheaper than flying into Orlando and doing a bit of a Florida tour! I priced up various options like hiring a car just to get us to Orlando and then another one when we're done but by far the cheapest way was pick up and drop off in Miami Beach even including all the parking charges!
Loving all the tips!
Don’t forget GatorLand! 😀

Such a silly question, but I can't tolerate coffee and Coke Zero is my vice - does anyone recall if they have that down at Picabu? And are they still offering their own refillable mugs?

We're 30 days out from our first Swan/Dolphin stay and so excited, thanks to all who contribute to this thread!
I can’t help with mugs, but they do have a coke freestyle machine in Picabu so I’m pretty certain there is zero available.

Has anyone been contacted recently regarding moving their Swan Reserve reservation? I’m supposed to be checking in on 11/10 and haven’t been contacted yet. I know the rumor is 10/28 but the other Swan Reserve thread has locals saying that it’s not anywhere close to ready.

That seems odd but I there are fire code limits for the non-king rooms at 5. Could be to avoid some other "nefarious" activities. You might call during the day and ask for in-house reservations. I can't say I've run acorss the 3 person limit being discussed. @Dan Murphy - have you?

We normally just have some breakfast bars, we don't microwave things plus there are no microwaves in the rooms. We usually grab a case of water as we drink of a lot, may soda, package of nuts, etc. For the room some crackers and cheese - that's about it.

Previously the old website stated the following, "Available for your ease of use are complimentary microwaves on select guest room floors of the resort as well as in Picabu and Fuel, both located at the Dolphin. Microwaves are located at the Swan on the 3rd and 6th floors next to the East Wing ice machines, as well as at the Dolphin hotel on the 6th and 9th floors next to both the East and West Wing ice machines." You might want to download the SwanDophin Mobile App then click on I'm on Property and use the text option to verify if this information is correct.

I can venture a guess as to why 3 person max in the King rooms - it's because the pull out sofa is really only the size of a single bed - there's no way even 2 kiddos could sleep in it.

If the little one is in a crib maybe they would make an exception? There's room for sure for a pack and play....

I have some photos of my room that I'll post in a bit......

I can confirm that Fuel also had a freestyle dispenser with Coke Zero. Also has a microwave on the opposite end of the wall.

Checked into the Dolphin today. Asked if the Swan Reserve will open “on time.” She stated they really don’t know but that the crews have been working long hours and weekends. She said last she heard they are planning for the end of the month.

Visually the SR is such a pretty design. There’s still lots of exterior work on the windows and exterior facade going on. The Vue? Is really pretty (from looking up). It would be an amazing wedding venue.

Last edited:
That seems odd but I there are fire code limits for the non-king rooms at 5. Could be to avoid some other "nefarious" activities. You might call during the day and ask for in-house reservations. I can't say I've run acorss the 3 person limit being discussed. @Dan Murphy - have you?

We normally just have some breakfast bars, we don't microwave things plus there are no microwaves in the rooms. We usually grab a case of water as we drink of a lot, may soda, package of nuts, etc. For the room some crackers and cheese - that's about it.

Previously the old website stated the following, "Available for your ease of use are complimentary microwaves on select guest room floors of the resort as well as in Picabu and Fuel, both located at the Dolphin. Microwaves are located at the Swan on the 3rd and 6th floors next to the East Wing ice machines, as well as at the Dolphin hotel on the 6th and 9th floors next to both the East and West Wing ice machines." You might want to download the SwanDophin Mobile App then click on I'm on Property and use the text option to verify if this information is correct.

Here now. Confirming I received a text stating microwaves are back on select floors at the Dolphin:

“They are located on 6th and 9th floors next to the ice machines closets (sic) to the guest elevators.”

I'm at the Swan now. I had this question earlier and answered it for myself yesterday. We did EE yesterday and do not have Magic Bands.

To enter, they scanned my ticket on my phone, then asked what hotel we were staying at. When we said Swan, they needed to see our room key. Then just asked how many and let us through. Pretty easy.

I just called because I noticed that my one night deposit was never charged to my credit card on file. I got a 100% guarantee that the Swan Reserve will be open in 4 days on 10/28. I called the direct number down there and not the Bonvoy number. So excited to stay there in a couple of weeks!
He said cast members are testing everything. Furniture is all in and pool is filled and ready. He also said they had supply chain issues but now everything has arrived and is ready. Again he guaranteed 100%.

I just called because I noticed that my one night deposit was never charged to my credit card on file. I got a 100% guarantee that the Swan Reserve will be open in 4 days on 10/28. I called the direct number down there and not the Bonvoy number. So excited to stay there in a couple of weeks!
He said cast members are testing everything. Furniture is all in and pool is filled and ready. He also said they had supply chain issues but now everything has arrived and is ready. Again he guaranteed 100%.

I was never charged a deposit either -- when you called did they charge you? Do you think there will be an issue if I just wait to show up (Thanksgiving)? I have Swan Reserve reservations for Thanksgiving week that I made a LONG time ago, and I think I have steal (less than $300 a night); I'm paranoid they won't honor that rate and don't want to give them an excuse (ie, no deposit, even though they have my valid credit card on file).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter