Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Here's your PSA to recheck your rates- Seeing reduced rates through the Bonvoy app for Oct and Nov.
Here's your PSA to recheck your rates- Seeing reduced rates through the Bonvoy app for Oct and Nov.
Of course AP holders should also check the AP rate 😀
Also, I was able to make dummy bookings at Swan Reserve starting the evening of November 1st, so it’s looking good 😊

So I previously booked via a third party website which they even handled getting me a valid confirmation # for the MDE app. However, bonvoy would save me 400-500 if I cancel and rebook. I’m just concerned about losing all my ADRs and the hassle of getting a new MDE confirmation # bc I hear so much on this thread about people calling and getting the run around.

So I previously booked via a third party website which they even handled getting me a valid confirmation # for the MDE app. However, bonvoy would save me 400-500 if I cancel and rebook. I’m just concerned about losing all my ADRs and the hassle of getting a new MDE confirmation # bc I hear so much on this thread about people calling and getting the run around.
You won't lose your ADRs they are not tied to your resort reservation. The only time your resort reservation matters in terms of ADRs is when you're initially booking them 60+ days out.

Book the new reservation, before cancelling the existing. If booking directly through Marriott, it should not take more than a few days for you being able to link the new reservation to MDE. After that new reservation shows in your account, cancel the old reservation. You should not have any issues.

You also can book directly through in-house reservations at 888-828-8850. They are very helpful. Call during normal daytime business hours, to assure that your call does not get directed to Marriott's reservation department.

Of course AP holders should also check the AP rate 😀
Also, I was able to make dummy bookings at Swan Reserve starting the evening of November 1st, so it’s looking good 😊

Do you check for AP rates as you normally would via the Disney site?
Never stayed at Swan or Dolphin but just looked via the Marriott website and got a very good rate for AAA member. (cheaper then some moderates for end of October).
But I'm also an AP Holder.

Also what's the best was to get to Swan and Dolphin from MCO airport?

TIA!!

Do you check for AP rates as you normally would via the Disney site?
Never stayed at Swan or Dolphin but just looked via the Marriott website and got a very good rate for AAA member. (cheaper then some moderates for end of October).
But I'm also an AP Holder.

TIA!!
You check the AP rates using the AP corporate discount code at the Marriott website or in the Bonvoy app. You can have multiple corporate codes so, if your company has an agreement with Marriott, be sure to enter that code too. If you have AAA and/or are over 62 check those applicable rates as well. The Marriott website/Bonvoy app will conveniently display the least expensive rates. One very annoying thing about swan/dolphin/swan reserve is that, unlike every other Marriott property I’ve stayed at in the world, they require prepayment for your entire stay, even on fully refundable rates. So, if you’re using a fully refundable corporate rate and booking months in advance, you may still have a couple thousand dollars tied up with them. I’d prefer that money to be in my hands, not theirs - especially with the pathetic housekeeping situation 😀

Quick Question - for those that switch their booking for lower rates. Do you book the refundable rate or the non-refundable rate? Obviously non-refundable is the cheapest.... but what if another deal comes out..... i'd miss out b/c i couldn't cancel my non-refundable. Do we think that's even a possibility this late in the game?

My Third Party has me at $2604 and the non-refundable member rate is $2080 with taxes & fees. That's a big chunk of change!

Best way is up to you; Uber/Lyft work well, if you need carseats or a grocery stop then I'd say a Town Car service. Starting next year the new Mears system that replaces the Disney Magical Express, will also be serving the SwanDolphin resorts too.
One very annoying thing about swan/dolphin/swan reserve is that, unlike every other Marriott property I’ve stayed at in the world, they require prepayment for your entire stay, even on fully refundable rates.
I'm not sure what you're doing but this is not the case, you can book with out paying for the entire stay. I just went through a couple nights in November to verify this. Some AAA deals, usually the lowest priced rooms do have prepayment requirements

Member Flexible Rate: Holding Your Reservation - We will need a credit card prepayment to reserve your room. To ensure that you receive this special rate, we will charge your credit card a prepayment of 241.88 USD when you make your reservation. This was on a room at $215/night with a total charge estimated to be $562.50

You know your way around the Marriott system, but just wanted to check to see if you see this bar near the top?
Screen Shot.png

Reactions: CJN
Quick Question - for those that switch their booking for lower rates. Do you book the refundable rate or the non-refundable rate? Obviously non-refundable is the cheapest.... but what if another deal comes out..... i'd miss out b/c i couldn't cancel my non-refundable. Do we think that's even a possibility this late in the game?

My Third Party has me at $2604 and the non-refundable member rate is $2080 with taxes & fees. That's a big chunk of change!
I won’t touch non-refundable. While I can stomach missing a deal, I cannot stomach missing $2k because someone in my family caught Covid or any sickness and we all have to stay home. Or weather led to airline cancellations, or a litany of other things that might prevent me from being there that day.

You check the AP rates using the AP corporate discount code at the Marriott website or in the Bonvoy app. You can have multiple corporate codes so, if your company has an agreement with Marriott, be sure to enter that code too. If you have AAA and/or are over 62 check those applicable rates as well. The Marriott website/Bonvoy app will conveniently display the least expensive rates. One very annoying thing about swan/dolphin/swan reserve is that, unlike every other Marriott property I’ve stayed at in the world, they require prepayment for your entire stay, even on fully refundable rates. So, if you’re using a fully refundable corporate rate and booking months in advance, you may still have a couple thousand dollars tied up with them. I’d prefer that money to be in my hands, not theirs - especially with the pathetic housekeeping situation 😀
AP Rate … are you guys referring to a Disney Annual Pass? If so, I am an AP holder how do I get an AP discount code to enter?
And yes, I’m also a AAA member and there is a nice rate for my dates right now.
Thanks!

AP Rate … are you guys referring to a Disney Annual Pass? If so, I am an AP holder how do I get an AP discount code to enter?
Thanks!
Others have shared here that the AP Rate and AAA/Senior rates are all about the same now. You can try the code QWH for AP Rates.

Thanks!
When searching on Marriott’s website, select Corporate rate, then enter QWH and search your dates. The AP rate is lowest, most of the time, but sometimes it shows as not available. Then, AAA and Senior rates are next lowest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter