• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

December and January weather can indeed be unpredictable. A few years ago, we were at WDW the end of January. Exiting the hotel about 8:00 in the morning to catch the bus to a park, you could see your breath as you exhaled. Having gloves and warmer jackets, we were fairly well prepared. However, it was amazing to see the number of guests walking around in shirtsleeves, some wearing shorts, and no jackets. By about 1:00 p.m., the temp rose to the mid 50s. Nighttime at that time of year can get really cold. I remember seeing parents trying to wrap their kids in blankets, while waiting for the fireworks to start.

Of course, all of the Disney shops had racks of warm gloves, scarves, and jackets positioned, right as you walked in...at Disney’s typical price points.

Morning all. Just booked a King and a 2 Queen room with Bonvoy points at the Swan, but wanted to book the parlor portion to make a 2 bedroom executive suite. I used to do this by calling in house reservation but I can't seem to contact them anymore. I thought someone posted recently that they eliminated in house reservations, or that there was a different number to call?

Morning all. Just booked a King and a 2 Queen room with Bonvoy points at the Swan, but wanted to book the parlor portion to make a 2 bedroom executive suite. I used to do this by calling in house reservation but I can't seem to contact them anymore. I thought someone posted recently that they eliminated in house reservations, or that there was a different number to call?
You can contact in-house reservations at:
888-828-8850

Though I believe they have Sunday hours, I would not call before about 10:00 a.m. EDT. If in-house reservations is not available, the call will be forwarded to Marriott.

I think I saw that you now need to dial 0 and ask for in-house reservations as dialing 1 (the old way to get there) takes you to Marriott central reservations.

Is the couch in a Deluxe Room at the Dolphin a pullout? I notice the Alcove rooms clearly state sofa bed but there's nothing in the listing for the Deluxe.

Asking because the price of a King Deluxe w/ Balcony is $500 cheaper at Dolphin for our October dates than our currently booked 2 Queen Deluxe w/ Balcony at Swan.

I can't think of any other reason not to switch for a savings like that but any comparisons are appreciated!

Trying to decide on what to book for our October trip. We will have Marriott platinum status by then. Do you think the Swan Reserve will have concierge level, and do you think they will open it when the hotel opens or wait until later due to the pandemic? Also trying to decide about booking suites. We are taking my in laws and deciding about getting them their own room or booking the two rooms and the adjoining parlor between. Anyone book suites at swan/dolphin? Thoughts?

If he has any problem at all, tiring, etc., rent the scooter. I have a bad back and have used a scooter the last half dozen trips. We all know how much walking there is at WDW, it's a LOT!
Dan, do you know if the mears swolphin transportation accomodates scooters?

Hello! My dear friend arrives at the Swan with her family on Tuesday, her birthday. I would love to order something to be waiting for her when she arrives - champagne or something sweet. Has anyone tried this at the Swan before, and are they generally ok with it (especially post covid)? Is that something I could order directly through the hotel? Thanks!

Just a final update:

Very sad to be leaving today. POFQ is my favorite resort on property, but my time at Swan was practically perfect. The beginning of the week was just sublime, and I won’t allow my gripes with the teams showing up detract from my overall stay experience. Someone on the trip with me had dinner at Kimonos on Friday night, was seated immediately, and very much enjoyed the sushi (and this is a picky (read:snooty) person. We each had a king alcove room, and his view was just spectacular, facing out towards the Epcot area. Mine was a lower floor, with a lot of roof, but ToT and Galaxy’s Edge made up for it. I also love the view I had of the Dolphin; the evening lights were just lovely.

Hoping to go back in December. Does anyone have any tips on securing better rates? I could have a gold Bonvoy make the booking if it would make a difference? I also have AAA. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! The convenience of being so close to Epcot and DHS may just be too good to pass up, especially with those Westin beds. Thanks everyone!!

Hello! My dear friend arrives at the Swan with her family on Tuesday, her birthday. I would love to order something to be waiting for her when she arrives - champagne or something sweet. Has anyone tried this at the Swan before, and are they generally ok with it (especially post covid)? Is that something I could order directly through the hotel? Thanks!
I have ordered cookies and milk in the past from the concierge link.

https://swandolphinconcierge.com/
They did have a lot of choices. But the in room gift choice that I've used in the past is not there. I would give them a call, 407 934-3000, then 0.

You can contact in-house reservations at:
888-828-8850

Though I believe they have Sunday hours, I would not call before about 10:00 a.m. EDT. If in-house reservations is not available, the call will be forwarded to Marriott.
I think I saw that you now need to dial 0 and ask for in-house reservations as dialing 1 (the old way to get there) takes you to Marriott central reservations.

Thanks all. Will give them a ring tomorrow.

Does anyone know the price range for a cabana? I am hoping to grab one on a Thursday/Friday but haven’t booked yet so I can’t check the price/availability

Does anyone know the price range for a cabana? I am hoping to grab one on a Thursday/Friday but haven’t booked yet so I can’t check the price/availability

I’ve checked out the prices for my dates between November 25th (Thanksgiving day) to December 5th. The price listed is $400 on the Thursday - Sunday of the holiday weekend, $200 midweek, and $300 on the following weekend.
On the same page they list reserved chairs for $15 but those weren’t available all days.

Last edited:
I’ve heard from The Points Guy that there are now lines to get into the pool due to Social Distancing
Any issues at S/D? Especially during Spring Break?

we are going on June.

Should be fine in June. Right now there are Cheer groups at the Swan & Dolphin making the resort pools quite busy that should be heading home by May 16th or with a few days of that.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter