Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Just keep checking but Oct. 1st starts the 50th Anniversary celebration so having a room is always better than waiting.

Also have you looked at Costco packages for the Swan & Dolphin?

Dave

No provided airport transportation to of from the Swan & Dolphin.

From: https://swandolphin.com/aboutus/transportation.html

As an additional benefit taxi, towncar and limousine transportation is available 24-hours through the Mears Transportation desk, located in the guest services area of the Dolphin. Reservations are required. Click here to make your reservation online. Click here to see our frequently asked questions regarding transportation.

Also you can chose Uber or Lyft or Mears shuttle on-demand at the airport.

Dave
Ive always considered myself a Disney expert, we've gone million times ( well not a million ) over the last 20 years but i realize now, that staying at a disney owned hotel and buying a ticket and meal plan package every time, I KNOW NOTHING. I clicked the link, read the FAQ, called the reservations number and was told the hotel doesnt help/book transportation from the airport anymore. I was told to get a taxi or uber. I ended up booking thru the mears website. Easy peasy to do if you need to.

I'm reading through this thread trying to figure out the fastest way to get to the Swan from MCO outside of using Mears as that runs $90 one way. What are the approximate costs for taking a taxi or Uber/Lyft? There will only be two of us.

I'm reading through this thread trying to figure out the fastest way to get to the Swan from MCO outside of using Mears as that runs $90 one way. What are the approximate costs for taking a taxi or Uber/Lyft? There will only be two of us.
PreCoVid it was about $45!

What are the approximate costs for taking a taxi or Uber/Lyft? There will only be two of us.
You can use the Uber/Lyft app to check the pricing for the airport to
1500 Epcot Resorts Blvd. Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830.

It will vary somewhat by day of the week, time of day and traffic.

Dave

Do all alcove rooms in the Swan have a balcony? Anyone have a particular area I could request? Thanks!

PP mentioned that you can open the Uber app and the Lyft app, tell them your starting point and ending point, and see what the price is.

Note that if you have Location Services turned on for your phone, the Uber app and Lyft app will assume that you want to be picked up wherever you happen to be -- so you have to tell the app to use the pick up location you want for pricing purposes.

You also can try rideguru.com to get an idea of pricing.

I'm surprised Mears is quoting $90 one way. Tiffany Towncar is showing $75 one way, as is FL Tours.

PP mentioned that you can open the Uber app and the Lyft app, tell them your starting point and ending point, and see what the price is.

Note that if you have Location Services turned on for your phone, the Uber app and Lyft app will assume that you want to be picked up wherever you happen to be -- so you have to tell the app to use the pick up location you want for pricing purposes.

You also can try rideguru.com to get an idea of pricing.

I'm surprised Mears is quoting $90 one way. Tiffany Towncar is showing $75 one way, as is FL Tours.

Thank you for all the details. I just checked Tiffany. I think the difference is that Mears includes gratuity and Tiffany does not and they suggest 15-20% which then pretty much is $90.

Thank you for all the details. I just checked Tiffany. I think the difference is that Mears includes gratuity and Tiffany does not and they suggest 15-20% which then pretty much is $90.
I just booked Mears this morning for July. You can book right thru the app. It’s easy to use. I had to modify it about 10 minutes after I paid🤣🤣. It’s was easy to modify in the app as well.

I know Marriott/BonVoy has an app but does Swan/Dolphin have a separate one and which one is it better to download to get your room number texted to you? I should know this as many times as I've stayed there but I'm not getting any younger and neither is my brain.

It was $33 for our group of 3 to Uber back to the airport from the Swan in early March. I booked the evening before as we had an early trip.

I know Marriott/BonVoy has an app but does Swan/Dolphin have a separate one and which one is it better to download to get your room number texted to you? I should know this as many times as I've stayed there but I'm not getting any younger and neither is my brain.
Yes and you need both apps Look for the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin app in your smartphone app store.

Text messages when your room is available is not connected to either app. Once you check-in at the front desk just make sure they have your phone number if by chance your room is not ready they should text you when it is ready.

The Swan & Dolphin app has great resort specific information and the latest hours and menus for the various dinning options.

You can use the Bonvoy app to chat with the resort to request things like additional towels or water / coffee supplies during your stay. The Bonvoy Mobile Key is not available at the Swan & Dolphin.

Dave

I will give S/D credit for calling them what they are. Even the old "Limited View" would make you think you're going to see something exciting. Not every room can have a view, as somebody shared there are some "classics" where you wonder what view they were talking about, I'm assuming these "No View" rooms would be in this category. Upgrades are possible, but free ones are not as common at S/D or even Disney resorts, sort of the old adage - you get what you pay for.

But even at $200/night you're getting a great room at a great price considering the location, and amenities (beds alone are wonderful). For comparison the other area resorts low rates; Beach Club $512, Boardwalk $573 and Yacht Club $780.

I see. After doing some research I'll probably pay a little extra for a "Traditional Resort Room." The upgrade isn't that much more.

But that's one of the reasons I've been interested in S/D. I can stay here for around the same price as CSR, and be in a better location. I was at first leaning toward CSR because I wanted to be in the "bubble" but I think being at S/D and its location will be just as good, despite not being at a Disney owned hotel.

Contemplating booking a Dolphin room for one night even though we have rented a condo. But I am hearing that they are not allowing cars in the lot at Hollywood Studios until after they let the guests in who walked/took Disney transportation for rope drop. We have only one park day and want to make the best of early morning rides. A one night room would allow us to park at the Dolphin for a fee. So my questions are:

1. We love pool time. Is a full day at the pool before our park day worth the money? We would also enjoy just walking around the grounds and Boardwalk area.

2. How are the food/drink options at the main pool?

3. Has anyone been there recently? Is the pool area packed these days? People respecting social distance?

It is a beautiful hotel and on my wish list...but I love our condo too and this may be a crazy idea to just get in the park 30 minutes before offsite guests.

Help please!!!

King suites at the Dolphin...occupancy says 3 people? How big is the pull out couch? I would assume a double that could fit 2 people...

Just keep checking but Oct. 1st starts the 50th Anniversary celebration so having a room is always better than waiting.
Right now, I have a DVC room booked at the Boardwalk Villas for the 50th. Of course, I already have my Magic Kingdom Park Pass!

But I've not 100% convinced about going.

Is it going to be crazy crowded or will I miss not going for the 50th?

Not sure yet.

Thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter