• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Marriotts website on my email confirmation says they will only clean every 6th night, but with 4 people and eating breakfast in our room I know I will desperately need floors swept/vacuumed and trash removed. Are they ok with asking for a cleaning sooner than 6 days if we plan to be gone for hours?
There are several posts on this page that address housekeeping:

Recent housekeeping experiences

Staying at S/D in May. Wanting to get Amazon Prime Delivered. Has anyone be able to figure out a way to meet the driver outside to get the groceries? Thanks :)

I'm planning to grab lunch at Splash on our arrival day (3/14). By the time we make it to the hotel my people will be good and hungry. Am I going to encounter a long wait?

Marriotts website on my email confirmation says they will only clean every 6th night, but with 4 people and eating breakfast in our room I know I will desperately need floors swept/vacuumed and trash removed. Are they ok with asking for a cleaning sooner than 6 days if we plan to be gone for hours?

I think part of the policies state that if you need something before your scheduled cleaning day, you just have to run down to the front desk to make your request. (i.e. - more towels, water bottles, tissues etc.). Although, I watched a Swan room review last night from two months ago and the narrator said they clean every third day now, so I'm not sure if that's been updated or not. Perhaps call the hotel directly with your question? Policies and rules are changing constantly with COVID, it's tough to keep up!

Just a quick tip (may have already been posted). I was looking at the swan dolphin website this morning browsing for rooms and I saw that if you don't have a BONVOY point card yet, they will give you $250 instantly ecard toward your hotel stay at either Swan or Dolphin. Definitely going to take advantage of this offer for our September trip! The deal banner should be right on the top of the page when you get there. Hope this helps some of you!

I saw on the swan and dolphin app a mobile order option for Il Mulino. Anyone been recently that can confirm we can mobile order a pick up? Would love to be able to bring it back to our room and avoid bringing my toddlers there. 🤪

I saw on the swan and dolphin app a mobile order option for Il Mulino. Anyone been recently that can confirm we can mobile order a pick up? Would love to be able to bring it back to our room and avoid bringing my toddlers there. 🤪
Yes you can order on the swan dolphin app. The call or text when it’s ready and you pick it up front. They even place it in a nice reusable bag.

I’ve looked on the Marriott site for October 19-24. For a two queen room for five nights it’s $2500...and it wants payment in full. I’ve checked and it’s the flexible rate that can be cancelled but I wasn’t expecting to pay in full 7 months early. Is 500 a night the best we can hope for? And is the pay in full the normal?

thanks! Kerri

I’ve looked on the Marriott site for October 19-24. For a two queen room for five nights it’s $2500...and it wants payment in full. I’ve checked and it’s the flexible rate that can be cancelled but I wasn’t expecting to pay in full 7 months early. Is 500 a night the best we can hope for? And is the pay in full the normal?

thanks! Kerri
Since you have to pay in full, check out a third party site (tried to name it but it won't let me mention them). Looks like you can get those same dates fully refundable for $1841. You will have to pay in full as well. I have had wonderful success with them and they are very responsive when cancelling.

thanks! Kerri
Not sure what's going on there, but if you've picked the flexible rate you should only have to pay one night's worth as a deposit. The couple of times we've booked the flexible direct through Marriott, we've only been charged one night's worth with the rest due at checkout.

Also, the 50th in October must be driving rates up because $500 a night seems a little high. We've managed to book the Swan before for ~$200 / night *including* taxes and resort fee. The prices often do go down as you move closer to the date, though, so It's worth it to keep an eye on the rates.

thanks! Kerri
Your dates overlap when the Gartner Symposium is scheduled at the Swan/Dolphin complex.The Symposium is one of the largest conferences/conventions annually held at WDW, with this year’s conference scheduled 10/18/21-10/21/21. This is an international event, and many attendees stay onsite longer than the actual conference, so guest rooms can be in short supply, besides just during the conference. The Disney EP resorts handle overflow. The usual attendance is about 9000, or so.

Are your dates flexible? Are you taking advantage of any available discounts, such as AP, AAA, Senior, etc.?

This time also is around the beginning of the 50th anniversary celebration, as well as Halloween.

Doing a “flexible date” search on Marriott’s site will bring up a calendar with nightly rates.

thanks! Kerri
Not sure what's going on there, but if you've picked the flexible rate you should only have to pay one night's worth as a deposit. The couple of times we've booked the flexible direct through Marriott, we've only been charged one night's worth with the rest due at checkout.

I had the same issue with a December holiday trip. Refundable/flexible rate, but asked for a deposit of most of the anticipated total charge. I suspect Swolphin is using that language for high demand and special event timeframes now.

For what it's worth, they only charged me a one night deposit, despite the language in the rate details. (And it didn't happen until like 2 weeks after I made the reservation, and they were hitting my card with a pre-auth each day before they finally charged it. 🙄)

I wouldn't count on that, though.

I just looked and got a little over $400 nightly flexible rate for those dates. Same big deposit language.

I had the same issue with a December holiday trip. Refundable/flexible rate, but asked for a deposit of most of the anticipated total charge. I suspect Swolphin is using that language for high demand and special event timeframes now.

For what it's worth, they only charged me a one night deposit, despite the language in the rate details. (And it didn't happen until like 2 weeks after I made the reservation, and they were hitting my card with a pre-auth each day before they finally charged it. 🙄)

I wouldn't count on that, though.

I just looked and got a little over $400 nightly flexible rate for those dates. Same big deposit language.
There's an issue with the Marriott website that several of us here have seen where it shows the wrong "deposit due" information when quoting prices. When we booked a backup reservation for one of the many reschedules that have happened over the past year, the website stated that a $1500 deposit would be required, but our credit card only ended up being charged $300 (which was in line with one-night's worth).

Yes you can order on the swan dolphin app. The call or text when it’s ready and you pick it up front. They even place it in a nice reusable bag.
Are you able to use a payment method other than charging to your room? I'm actually wondering if we could use mobile order when staying next door at Yacht Club.

I just booked an 8 day stay at the Dolphin for September. It's been a day and it still hasn't shown up in MDE Reservations page. I have the WDW reservation email confirmation, deposit charge, etc. etc. but it's not showing up linked to MDE. Is this normal for Swan and Dolphin since it's not an "official" WDW hotel? Should I be worried? I'd like to choose my park days, etc.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to Dolphin for the first time!
Same! 17th-24th. Booked yesterday, so hopefully by tomorrow I’ll see the ressie in MDE. Waiting anxiously for WDW F&W to be announced!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter