• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Can anyone tell me if Chase Ultimate Rewards Points can be used to book at the Swan and Dolphin? I've just checked on the Chase website and I couldn't find the hotels. Thank you.

Can anyone tell me if Chase Ultimate Rewards Points can be used to book at the Swan and Dolphin? I've just checked on the Chase website and I couldn't find the hotels. Thank you.

Unfortunately Chase removed Swan and Dolphin off the UR website when they removed Disney owned resorts. You could transfer UR's to Marriott but at a super poor value, Swan and dolphin are 50,000 Marriott points/night for a standard redemption. The best would be to cash out points to pay for your stay, but then you are not getting 1.25-1.5c/UR value.

Gusgus16,
Thank you for the quick answer. I have not tried to use the rewards portal so I wasn't familiar with the removal of the Disney properties. I am not a fan of Marriott Bonvoy after many years of SPG membership. My fall stay will be quite expensive if I don't use some points so I was looking at my options.

Gusgus16,
Thank you for the quick answer. I have not tried to use the rewards portal so I wasn't familiar with the removal of the Disney properties. I am not a fan of Marriott Bonvoy after many years of SPG membership. My fall stay will be quite expensive if I don't use some points so I was looking at my options.

You can always cash out for 1c/UR to help with the cost, which is not a bad value, just not optimal if you carry a sapphire product. Otherwise, there are some off-site hotel options through the travel portal, like Bonnet Creek.

Gusgus16,
Do you have American Airlines? I had use or lose points that weren't enough for a flight, but cut price of Dolphin in half

Anyone know how late the pools stay open at the Swan & Dolphin? Hoping for a late night dip in April, at least in the hot tubs!

I just saw your avatar, you on the job? I'm on Norwood Fire just south of Boston Mass
No, not in the Brother/Sisterhood myself. But my son is a captain in one of the suburban Chicago departments here. And I do have very much respect for all our first responders everywhere, with a reverence for those of 9/11. Thank you for your service, hogie.

No, not in the Brother/Sisterhood myself. But my son is a captain in one of the suburban Chicago departments here. And I do have very much respect for all our first responders everywhere, with a reverence for those of 9/11. Thank you for your service, hogie.

Hey with your son being on you're still family!! And thank you for your kind words, and many thanks to you and all family members of first responders who put up with our schedules & our line of work. :)

We just found out we can use our Delta miles to book Marriott. Hubby flies often on Delta for work, but we wouldn't fly them much from our area b/c most of the flights connect. Anyone familiar with the Delta to Marriott booking process? Lose value?

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles/how-to-use-miles/shop-with-miles
I think that Delta credit card holders can book hotel stays using SkyMiles.

From Delta:

There are more ways to use your miles than ever before when you shop in the SkyMiles Marketplace. Medallion Members and Delta SkyMiles Amex Card Members can redeem miles for a wider variety of merchandise, in addition to hotel stays, car rentals, cruises, gift cards and more.

Last edited:
@JJ2017 I think the current setup is you can transfer your Bonvoy points to an airline but not vise versa, perhaps as @shoreward noted and only through the SkyMiles CC. Before the merger there was a better relationship between SPG & Delta.

It's me again. I need clarification. My TA is saying I need to check-in and enter ticket numbers for my magic bands. I am st
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking but ... if you've entered your ticket confirmation into My Disney Experience and purchased magic bands, you can enter the magic band numbers (on the inside of the band) and assign one to each member of your party.

Ticket purchases are separate from magic bands. If you're set up in MDE, you enter the ticket confirmations and magic bands separately and assign them to specific people, and then MDE links everything for you.

If I didn't understand your question I'm sorry -- it looks like the end of your post was cut off somehow.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking but ... if you've entered your ticket confirmation into My Disney Experience and purchased magic bands, you can enter the magic band numbers (on the inside of the band) and assign one to each member of your party.

Ticket purchases are separate from magic bands. If you're set up in MDE, you enter the ticket confirmations and magic bands separately and assign them to specific people, and then MDE links everything for you.

If I didn't understand your question I'm sorry -- it looks like the end of your post was cut off somehow.
Sorry it was cut off. I asked a little about this a couple months back but here's my situation. My TA says she doesn't have ticket #s and have to pick up my tickets at Swan. I'm at Pop the night before and Disney desk opens at 7. I purchased a package (tickets and package tied to Swan...Pop booked separately) and received magic bands due to one night at Pop. Tickets are on my Swan stay and not Pop and right now in MDE I don't see tickets only "FP planning key card" which allowed me to make FP at 60 days out. So she said I need to check into Swan and get tickets before going to park. I called IT they said the same thing. Looks like other posts in this group said Costco gives you ticket numbers but my TA said she doesn't have them. Does anyone know if this is correct? If you are a Disney TA...and this isn't correct...what can I tell my TA how to get ticket numbers?

Looks like other posts in this group said Costco gives you ticket numbers but my TA said she doesn't have them. Does anyone know if this is correct? If you are a Disney TA...and this isn't correct...what can I tell my TA how to get ticket numbers?

That's crazy to me. Something is not right here. There's no way your TA could have bought tickets from Disney and not have the numbers. You can buy tickets from a 3rd party seller and get ticket numbers. How can you pay for something and not get confirmation of said purchase. Unless your TA booked you under some weird convention rate with very odd restrictions. I just don't get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter