Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I’m happy to read that the Swan construction was done while I was cruising this past week. I’m looking forward to my arrival today!

Well our only actual Swan problem today was our room keys didn’t work. Probably due to our linked reservations

Worst problem was Hollywood Studios. They said hopefully it’s the last week of this as the skyliner cable is installed

They said go on the swan bus after jingle bell jingle bam as the last boat leaves at 9 pm. after my dh pushed the wheelchair forever we found out there is no swan bus so back to the boat dock and the last boat which was well after 9 pm

This was all due to misinformation given by a cm on the friendship sigh
A crazy Sunday night

This was all due to misinformation given by a cm on the friendship sigh
That sucks, but its the problem with such a big operation - consistent messaging and training. I wish a CM would say "I don't know" instead of an answer we assume is accurate. We've gotten to asking 2-3 CMs to see if the info was the same. IMHO Disney wasn't the top of their game about the boat changes and announcement. I will give some kudos to S/D for publishing the info, the Disney resorts didn't seem to get any info in advance.

Just got home from my stay at the Dolphin the last few nights. Our room was great, thought we got a deluxe alcove with adjoining room, but in reality it was a junior suite with a connecting king room. It was a lot of room the suite had 1 bathroom an extra sink in a closet area in the "bedroom", 2 double beds, that went into a main room with a pullout 2 chairs, table with 3 chairs and bathroom. No door between the "bedroom" and living space and no kitchenette. Had some issues during check in and check out and planning to write an email over the next couple days so management can hopefully address.

Can confirm the buses to swan started yesterday.

What will we need to show to get into the parks for Morning Extra Magic Hours? Swan room key?
We bought MagicBands to use for park entry and FP+, will that entry information be on there?
Thanks!

Has anyone stayed here for a race weekend before? Debating on staying at Swan for Princess Marathon weekend because it’s most affordable option close to the race. Just wanted to see others’ experiences with buses to races to make sure the transportation was reliable to the races since it’s an earlier start...

We stayed at Swan for the Princess half a few years ago - and it was great. No issues with the buses, etc - totally reliable, and the same as for all other WDW resorts.

What will we need to show to get into the parks for Morning Extra Magic Hours? Swan room key?
We bought MagicBands to use for park entry and FP+, will that entry information be on there?
Thanks!
If you link your magic bands to your tickets, and hotel confirmation number, then yes. Your magic bands will have your info from mde. Fastpasses, hotel info, and park tickets. You can use them at the tapstyles for park entry, fastpasses, and emh.

If you link your magic bands to your tickets, and hotel confirmation number, then yes. Your magic bands will have your info from mde. Fastpasses, hotel info, and park tickets. You can use them at the tapstyles for park entry, fastpasses, and emh.

That's good to know. Last time we were at the Swan it did not work that way. I had everything linked to MDE but still had to show our Swan room key for EMH. MBs worked for park entrance, but not EMH.

Thank you!

That's good to know. Last time we were at the Swan it did not work that way. I had everything linked to MDE but still had to show our Swan room key for EMH. MBs worked for park entrance, but not EMH.

My Swan room key (from this week) didn't have my name or the dates of my stay printed on it - as in the past. I don’t know whether a blank hotel key would be sufficient for Extra Magic Hour.

My Swan room key (from this week) didn't have my name or the dates of my stay printed on it - as in the past. I don’t know whether a blank hotel key would be sufficient for Extra Magic Hour.
That sounds very strange. I will be staying there for Marathon week in January and will be interested to see how this all works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter