Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks for the posts regarding housekeeping concerns. Good for those traveling there to be aware of potential issues.

Yes, thanks!

I find it sometimes helpful to call housekeeping when we're leaving the room to request a cleaning ASAP, so they know we want it cleaned then. Think I'll do that.

Sad that when we go to the resort we love in Mexico (which costs way less than a Disney trip and has amazing food & service), they somehow know when we leave the room and clean it very soon (and twice a day too).

I was checked on to a room at Beach club that was under major construction, laddets and paint cans and stuff everywhere. I guess it happens

My friends and I once checked into a room (non-Disney) where two of the housekeeping staff were, um, doing some business in the bed. They sheepishly tried to rush out of the room when we walked in. Boy, was it uncomfortable for all when we made them come back in and change sheets and finish cleaning.

My friends and I once checked into a room (non-Disney) where two of the housekeeping staff were, um, doing some business in the bed. They sheepishly tried to rush out of the room when we walked in. Boy, was it uncomfortable for all when we made them come back in and change sheets and finish cleaning.
:scratchin

Oh my god! I would not have taken that room! That's the best (worst) story I've heard in a while! WOW.

It's so funny the crap that happens in hotels. We were given a room key to a hotel once (on a road trip), walked into a family in the room! The front desk had screwed up. We were so sorry! They sent us to a hotel nearby where my youngest got bedbug bites (thankfully no critters made it home with us, but he was bitten up all over!). UGH.

We just got back from a lovely 5 night stay at the Dolphin. I thought I would summarize some highlights.

- We arrived around 10:30am. I upgraded to a balcony resort view and a room was ready for check-in on the lobby level (3rd floor). We had a nice view from the room and loved being on the lobby floor, no elevators to deal with. No complaints with the room other than we missed having a fridge. I kept having to get ice to keep beverages cold and the ice bucket was very small.

- House keeping was great, they even decorated the bed with my daughters dolls, stuffed animals, and blankets. One day we thought they were not going to come, but they ended up coming when we at the pool in the late afternoon. So for the people that didn't get housekeeping, I am wondering if they were in the room when they wanted to come during afternoon hours.

- We loved the pools and spent most of our time at the grotto pool. The crowds were low but it was still a challenge to get chairs on most days - they need more of them around the main pool. The lap pool is very nice and was never crowded. Food and drink service at he pool was very good. We ordered multiple times and the orders arrived promptly. The server would even bring us icewater refills and a bucket of ice without asking. The tube and float rentals were nice to have and reasonably priced. My daughter did some crafts and games in the pool area that she really enjoyed. There is plenty to do if you are just hanging out for the day.

- The car rental at the dolphin was great. We rented a car from the airport and returned it with the valet upon check-in. I also rented a car again a few days later to get to Seaworld and back. The process was very easy, cost effective, and efficient.

- Bus service to the magic kingdom was quick, about 10-12 minutes. Disney springs took a little longer, about 20 minutes.

- Be careful about the boat transportation. We accidentally got on the boat to Hollywood Studios the day we were going to Epcot (this was the first boat of the morning). They dropped us off at the boardwalk and we ended up walking. I would have never thought of walking, but it was literally a 5 minute walk to Epcot and would not hesitate to do it again.

- We ate breakfast at Fuel and Picabu most days, no complaints. It was nice having a store like Fuel at the hotel to pick up odds and ends. We did the character breakfast at Garden Grove which was very nice. We had one dinner at Bluezoo which was very good, and also ate at The Fountain and the Cabana Pool Bar. One night we ordered room service. No complaints about the food and it was nice having so many options. We also ate at Big River Grill on the boardwalk which was just ok. The lobby had live entertainment every night which was very nice. All our other meals were in the theme parks.

- We took an uber XL back to the airport, cost was $50 + tip. We were not sure if our luggage would fit in a regular uber, but the price for that would have been about $37 plus tip.

We really enjoyed our stay at the dolphin and hope to return next year. We found all of the staff very friendly and helpful. Our first day we got lost and a staff member walked us through some closed areas to get us where we needed to be. The servers at the pool were also very friendly. I think being a low crowd week also contributed. Any questions, ask away!

Sounds like a lovely time!

I'm not sure why there wasn't a fridge in your room, but you could call and request one I assume. All the rooms should have one.

Nice review of the Dolphin. We were there last month for my husband's birthday and were on the 3rd floor, too. We loved not dealing with the elevator. Having stayed at the Dolphin many times, we have always had a fridge in our room located behind the largest door in the cabinet the television sits on. We will be at the Dolphin again for several nights in December to enjoy all the Disney holiday fun :)

Nice review of the Dolphin. We were there last month for my husband's birthday and were on the 3rd floor, too. We loved not dealing with the elevator. Having stayed at the Dolphin many times, we have always had a fridge in our room located behind the largest door in the cabinet the television sits on. We will be at the Dolphin again for several nights in December to enjoy all the Disney holiday fun :)

I was on the third floor too in January. Loved it!

I didn't think to look there!

I didn't think to look there!

Oops! Sorry you missed the fridge!

I will say, one of the things I do when entering a new room for the first time is open every drawer/cabinet/closet; check under the bed; behind drapes, etc - mostly because I want to make sure we’re not cohabiting with any unknowns! :rotfl:

Thanks for the detailed review, USER. Sounds like a wonderful stay.
We just got back from a lovely 5 night stay at the Dolphin. I thought I would summarize some highlights.

- We arrived around 10:30am. I upgraded to a balcony resort view and a room was ready for check-in on the lobby level (3rd floor). We had a nice view from the room and loved being on the lobby floor, no elevators to deal with. No complaints with the room other than we missed having a fridge. I kept having to get ice to keep beverages cold and the ice bucket was very small.

- House keeping was great, they even decorated the bed with my daughters dolls, stuffed animals, and blankets. One day we thought they were not going to come, but they ended up coming when we at the pool in the late afternoon. So for the people that didn't get housekeeping, I am wondering if they were in the room when they wanted to come during afternoon hours.

- We loved the pools and spent most of our time at the grotto pool. The crowds were low but it was still a challenge to get chairs on most days - they need more of them around the main pool. The lap pool is very nice and was never crowded. Food and drink service at he pool was very good. We ordered multiple times and the orders arrived promptly. The server would even bring us icewater refills and a bucket of ice without asking. The tube and float rentals were nice to have and reasonably priced. My daughter did some crafts and games in the pool area that she really enjoyed. There is plenty to do if you are just hanging out for the day.

- The car rental at the dolphin was great. We rented a car from the airport and returned it with the valet upon check-in. I also rented a car again a few days later to get to Seaworld and back. The process was very easy, cost effective, and efficient.

- Bus service to the magic kingdom was quick, about 10-12 minutes. Disney springs took a little longer, about 20 minutes.

- Be careful about the boat transportation. We accidentally got on the boat to Hollywood Studios the day we were going to Epcot (this was the first boat of the morning). They dropped us off at the boardwalk and we ended up walking. I would have never thought of walking, but it was literally a 5 minute walk to Epcot and would not hesitate to do it again.

- We ate breakfast at Fuel and Picabu most days, no complaints. It was nice having a store like Fuel at the hotel to pick up odds and ends. We did the character breakfast at Garden Grove which was very nice. We had one dinner at Bluezoo which was very good, and also ate at The Fountain and the Cabana Pool Bar. One night we ordered room service. No complaints about the food and it was nice having so many options. We also ate at Big River Grill on the boardwalk which was just ok. The lobby had live entertainment every night which was very nice. All our other meals were in the theme parks.

- We took an uber XL back to the airport, cost was $50 + tip. We were not sure if our luggage would fit in a regular uber, but the price for that would have been about $37 plus tip.

We really enjoyed our stay at the dolphin and hope to return next year. We found all of the staff very friendly and helpful. Our first day we got lost and a staff member walked us through some closed areas to get us where we needed to be. The servers at the pool were also very friendly. I think being a low crowd week also contributed. Any questions, ask away!

How was eating at Bluezoo with kids? Did you feel welcome there?

Thanks for your detailed review about the dolphin. We are staying in 12 days and now looking forward to our stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter