Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I’ve been following this thread for a while and want to thank you all for the great info. We’re regular WDW visitors and looking forward to our first stay at the Swan in May. I’m not planning to pay extra for a room upgrade but hope to do my best with the concierge room request. It’ll just be DD23 and me. Any suggestions for good rooms? We’d like something quiet with a decent view. Thanks so much for your help!

It’ll just be DD23 and me. Any suggestions for good rooms? We’d like something quiet with a decent view. Thanks so much for your help!
While we didn't get an "upgrade" we got what we paid for, which was a resort view room. We had room 444, which was all the way down the hall and a corner room!!! This gave us two large banks of windows. Had we been in the room often it would have been great, but frankly we were there for the parks, not sitting in our room. Nonetheless the view of the water, trees and backside of Boardwalk at night was very nice and peaceful. In the morning the sun was right outside our window.

If I were to go back, I'd ask for the same room since it was quiet and I liked all the windows it provided.
IMG_6550.jpg

We just got back from a stay at the Swan. This is our fourth stay there. The location can't be beat - I love the easy access to HS and Epcot. We were on the third floor, king room with maybe a resort view? We were right above what seemed like a wedding area, near the channel leading to HS. Our room had a walk in shower - nice shower but only one tiny shelf and nothing to prop my foot on when shaving my legs, which I found very uncomfortable and inconvenient. Our room did NOT have a second vanity outside of the bathroom. The bed was incredibly comfortable. Maid service was spotty. We were missed one day, and twice didn't get coffee cups and decaf coffee. We got the AAA discount at the Cabana but not at the bar by the lap pool next to the Swan. We used Uber/Lyft a few times and both worked great - and very inexpensive. The lobby of the hotel was freezing! It is kind of a bummer to have the hotel taken over by conventioneers, but really only at night when you want to try to have a quiet drink at a bar. Overall, still love the Swan.

You know we debated about a king bed, our last trip was just my wife and I. We ended up with the two queens and I don't regret it. The two sinks and the tub was a plus.

I also found the registration lobby very brisk, like the A/C was running even though it was very cool outside. But rest of the area seemed normal.

Totally agree about the bar situation, but had more fun going to Trader Sam's ;)

Yes, always worth a look, and it’s pretty easy to spot with the distinctive resort and parking fees. My problem is being a family of 5... I think it would be too risky to count on being allowed to use the Dolphin’s room occupancy of 5.
What are your dates? Could a dvc rental be an option?

What are your dates? Could a dvc rental be an option?
It was actually a couple years ago that I got really into that Priceline scenario.

Since that time though, we’ve mostly become a Bonnet Creek family. I think there are times of the year when DVC might be the better option, but for our late April dates Bonnet Creek has been a great deal because it’s their value season.

If we were going to WDW as a couple (instead of the 5 of us), the Swan/Dolphin would be the first option I’d check.

Hi
We are staying at the Swan over Easter. Does the resort have any fun things related to Easter going on? We will be there from 3/31-4/6.

It’s our first time staying there and we are a group of 21! Can’t wait!!!

Just read that Dolphin doesn’t qualify for the 180+10 ADR benefit. True? Shouldn’t be that big of a deal, right? We are going at a pretty busy time.

Do you get any discounts at some of the casual/quick eateries in Dolphin (like Picaubu, FOuntain or Fuel) with SPG prefferred guest card?
Just curious as we will be eating breakfast for two mornings here

Just read that Dolphin doesn’t qualify for the 180+10 ADR benefit. True? Shouldn’t be that big of a deal, right? We are going at a pretty busy time.

Not a big deal, but you may need to be flexible or persistent to find the exact reservation you are looking for. Use the touring plans dining reservation finder (google it...)

The last time I was at Swan in June, we were able to do the 180+10. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Fingers crossed it works for you!

You know we debated about a king bed, our last trip was just my wife and I. We ended up with the two queens and I don't regret it. The two sinks and the tub was a plus.

I also found the registration lobby very brisk, like the A/C was running even though it was very cool outside. But rest of the area seemed normal.

Totally agree about the bar situation, but had more fun going to Trader Sam's ;)
I really wish we had had a tub - my feet needed some soaking after the long days of walking!

For those unfamiliar with the bathroom set-up at the Swan, the King rooms only have showers, while the Queen/Queen rooms have bathtubs with shower head/spray. The exception to the rule is the accessible category, where many, if not most King rooms, have the bathtub with shower spray.

QUick questions for a Dolphin newbie, do they charge the resort/parking fees for your entire stay when you check in or out?

Also is it only the accessible rooms that have the walk in showers?

Keep in mind that the Swan has conventions too. Swan's large room only holds about 2,000 while Dolphin is more 6,000 plus a whole bunch of other meeting spaces.

The only "issue" I had was some of the banners and signs being posted in the hallways on the floor we stayed at, really didn't upset me just found it a bit annoying. But we were off at the parks so I really didn't care, they were stuck in meetings :)

Only time I really ran into the conventioneers was at night when the congregated in the bar, saw a few getting on the buses going to Disney Springs too. But that's about all. Picabu's was nearly empty when we'd go in there, usually after 9AM.

They did like the lobby bar - which wasn't a problem for us! It was a pretty big group going between the 2 hotels when we were there and I think it just made my mom a little anxious due to mobility issues, but I didn't really see it as a problem.

Ha, ha, perhaps! My husband seemed to think it was a bit quicker. More of a straight shoot through lobby, Fuel, to path. We didn't have to deal with the escalator/stairs either (which was helpful with young kiddo).
As kind of a side note, we were all the way at the west end of the hotel by the stair down to the pool, which is marked as a fire exit with alarm, so we didn't use it the first day, until we saw other people use it. Brought us right out to the pool and the path to the bus stop which was nice. The first time, I thought we were stuck in the stairwell and couldn't get out. Just a little high anxiety moment o_O

It was actually a couple years ago that I got really into that Priceline scenario.

Since that time though, we’ve mostly become a Bonnet Creek family. I think there are times of the year when DVC might be the better option, but for our late April dates Bonnet Creek has been a great deal because it’s their value season.

If we were going to WDW as a couple (instead of the 5 of us), the Swan/Dolphin would be the first option I’d check.
What do you like about Bonnet Creek? I keep seeing it on here and now I'm curious!

SteveH--What floor were you on? It looks like you are in the same room I was during my trip, or maybe a floor up. Loved the view, but the room had a strong mildew smell when we first entered. Luckily I had a small febreeze and sprayed the carpet down, which fixed the problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter