Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

The Better Bidding website is a great one for helping out with Hotwire. They do ask you to bid through their links so they make some money.

Hotels.com is always the best as its easy to routinely find discounted Hotels.com gift cards for 20% off. Then combine that with their rewards program, and you are really looking at substantial discounts.

Hi! I have a Swan reservation linked and tickets linked to MDE. At the 60 day mark will the FP+ open up? Does it open at midnight or 7am? Thank you!

Hello! I have a reservation for 2 adults and 2 kids. However, my Dolphin reservation only lists 2 adults. When I called, I was told they only list adults on the reservations and not kids.
This seems to be a problem when I tried to link the reservation to my MDE. It only lets me add one other person from my family of 4.

Is this going to mess up our ability to fastpass?

Hello! I have a reservation for 2 adults and 2 kids. However, my Dolphin reservation only lists 2 adults. When I called, I was told they only list adults on the reservations and not kids.
This seems to be a problem when I tried to link the reservation to my MDE. It only lets me add one other person from my family of 4.

Is this going to mess up our ability to fastpass?

Yes, it would mess up your fastpasses. Who did you call? If you called Starwood, try calling the Dolphin itself.

Yes, as Patty said above, the same number of people using fastpass do have to be listed on the reservation, children included.

Just checked for a trip in October, and the Dolphin was up over $300 a night when you included all the fees and taxes. Eesh!!!

Just checked for a trip in October, and the Dolphin was up over $300 a night when you included all the fees and taxes. Eesh!!!
I know what you mean. The lowest rate for my November dates is $348...and that's before taxes and fees AND it's non-refundable! I can't remember when the rates have been so high... it's so disappointing. I'll keep checking back to see if the rates drop, but made a reservation at the BC, just in case.

I know what you mean. The lowest rate for my November dates is $348...and that's before taxes and fees AND it's non-refundable! I can't remember when the rates have been so high... it's so disappointing. I'll keep checking back to see if the rates drop, but made a reservation at the BC, just in case.

I hear you. Prices have gone way up, and AAA rate is the same as regular rate...nurse's rate has been higher than regular rate. The WDW Epcot resorts are looking better all the time, which I'm really sorry to see.

Regarding FP+...We have a split stay in April, 2 nights at POFQ AND then 5 at the Swan. Our 7 day tickets are part of the package I booked with the POFQ stay. There should be no issues with FP+ for 7 days, right? I should be able to book all 7 days on the 60 day mark from first night.

I hear you. Prices have gone way up, and AAA rate is the same as regular rate...nurse's rate has been higher than regular rate. The WDW Epcot resorts are looking better all the time, which I'm really sorry to see.

I'm bummed because I'm hoping to take my 77 year old dad to WDW this fall. I thought if I could get the Swan or Dolphin for around the cost of a Disney moderate, I would go that route. Guess not. It would be so much easier to walk to Epcot and boat to DS, but not at the current prices.:sad2:

Regarding FP+...We have a split stay in April, 2 nights at POFQ AND then 5 at the Swan. Our 7 day tickets are part of the package I booked with the POFQ stay. There should be no issues with FP+ for 7 days, right? I should be able to book all 7 days on the 60 day mark from first night.
Yes, S/D guests can book FP+ at the 60 day mark, just as the Disney-owned resorts can.

Just came back from my first stay at the Swan and I have to say - I was nervous after reading some reviews beforehand but we had an amazing time! It was so nice to be able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios and I loved our updated room. As an SPG Platinum member, we got the free breakfast (with a small upcharge, basically the cost of 2 cups of coffee) and the staff threw in a few drink coupons for a birthday we were celebrating. Kimonos had amazing sushi and the pool was very relaxing. Overall, excellent hotel and very friendly staff.

Anyone going to take advantage of the Super Bowl states special offer?

Yes as other posters have said the prices at the S/D have really sky rocketed!! I am thinking they have a mostly captive audience with conferences, but I guess if their room prices, the Swan for us, are just as compareable to the Beach Club/Yacht Club I would pick the BC/YC for Storm Along Bay.

Also with my dh ff pints the points are ridiculous for a room.

Hmm, anyone have any insights into the price hikes??

The only thing I can do to add more points is to merge some of dh other ff points into one account with the most benefits. That takes a little while to figure out.

Yes as other posters have said the prices at the S/D have really sky rocketed!! I am thinking they have a mostly captive audience with conferences, but I guess if their room prices, the Swan for us, are just as compareable to the Beach Club/Yacht Club I would pick the BC/YC for Storm Along Bay.

Also with my dh ff pints the points are ridiculous for a room.

The only thing I can do to add more points is to merge some of dh other ff points into one account with the most benefits. That takes a little while to figure out.

The prices have moved up aggressively over the last 5 years, depending on the time of year. After my last visit, I would not pay $300/night for a regular room. That being said, Disney prices have moved up as well. Not sure what FF program you are using- Starpoints/Marriott rewards remain a good deal.

I would say the prices are commensurate with the room quality after the recent refurbishments and based on location. Some of the time periods I priced out Port Orleans, it's been $275 a night before tax and I can't walk to any parks from a Disney moderate. I've also still been routinely seeing Swan/Dolphin through third party discount sites (Orbitz, Hotel tonight, LMT club) at good prices - though I was checking for stays near the time of my search (so more last minute). We may have to accept that the refurbs are making the demand higher at our favorite Starwood properties...

I would say the prices are commensurate with the room quality after the recent refurbishments and based on location. Some of the time periods I priced out Port Orleans, it's been $275 a night before tax and I can't walk to any parks from a Disney moderate. I've also still been routinely seeing Swan/Dolphin through third party discount sites (Orbitz, Hotel tonight, LMT club) at good prices - though I was checking for stays near the time of my search (so more last minute). We may have to accept that the refurbs are making the demand higher at our favorite Starwood properties...

Just returned from the Swan yesterday--the refurbishments were great. The room was gorgeous and very clean. We used Starwood points. If we didn't have those points, I don't know that I would have preferred it over another Epcot resort, but for anyone looking to use Marriott/Starwood points, it's a great deal. You can't beat the location, and I think we ended up using less points than we would have spent at the Marriott World Center off-property.

Possibly. I'm not sure if a trip is in my future this year or not, but if so, I would check to see if the offer were available. I would also get an upgraded room since I'm from RI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter