• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

has anyone seen a trip report on the presidential suite at the Swan? Is there more than one? I'm looking for some pictures. Thanks!

One more charging to the room question: Do you just give room number? Is there something like a card or something you show them? I do have an SPS number. Just wondering if my teens on their own would be able to just charge meals, at our resort, esp. Fountain or Picabu.

I called DCL yesterday, and the young lady seemed a bit unsure but then told me they no longer drop off at the Dolphin. Think i may call one more time today to double check.

has anyone seen a trip report on the presidential suite at the Swan? Is there more than one? I'm looking for some pictures. Thanks!
Nice to see you, Allison. Wow, can't believe how big the girls are getting there on your avatar photo!

There are four P suites in each of the Swan and Dolphin.

Here is a description of each.

http://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/presidential.html

A review here of the renovated suite

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Location...y_World_Swan_and_Dolphin-Orlando_Florida.html

One more charging to the room question: Do you just give room number? Is there something like a card or something you show them? I do have an SPS number. Just wondering if my teens on their own would be able to just charge meals, at our resort, esp. Fountain or Picabu.
You should have your room number and door key card.

Has anyone stayed in a grand suite at the Dolphin recently? I was wondering if any of them have been renovated yet and if there are balconys. We had originally booked a theme park view room with a balcony, but when I called to see about adding a second room it was a better price to upgrade to the suite. I'm just hoping we still get the balcony and a nice view. Either way we'll be in Disney so not much can go wrong

Can anyone tell me how long the bus ride with pickups is from Swan to Magic Kingdom and from Swan to Animal Kingdom? What about walking into Epcot and then riding the monorail to MK?

Does The Fountain not take reservations?

Also, was looking around on their site, which is well done I might add. I saw that there was a request form letter you could fill out.
I only booked a standard view. There was a part on the request where you could ask for a room upgrade. Is that a free room upgrade? I have the SPG card. I really don't care if I get one or not and that is why I just booked the standard. However, if they wanted to throw in an available balcony room or better view, I wouldn't be opposed, LOL.

Last edited:
I just wanted to share that price dropped at Swan during my stay. I only had 50,000 SPG points available so I booked first 5 days out of the points since they were more expensive during first 5 days and on 6th night (3/24~25), I paid cash and was checking regularly to see if the price drops. Well it dropped almost $40!:teeth:

Last edited:
Does The Fountain not take reservations?

Also, was looking around on their site, which is well done I might add. I saw that there was a request form letter you could fill out.
I only booked a standard view. There was a part on the request where you could ask for a room upgrade. Is that a free room upgrade? I have the SPG card. I really don't care if I get one or not and that is why I just booked the standard. However, if they wanted to throw in an available balcony room or better view, I wouldn't be opposed, LOL.

The Fountain does not take reservation. It's very casual place to eat. I don't know about request forms, but as a Gold card member, I've been upgraded a couple of times depending on their availability.

I just wanted to share that prince dropped at Swan during my stay. I only had 50,000 SPG points available so I booked first 5 days out of the points since they were more expensive during first 5 days and on 6th night (3/24~25), I paid cash and was checking regularly to see if the price drops. Well it dropped almost $40!

Same here. It's dropped a number of times, and today the Swan just dropped another $6 per night for my stay next week. One free and two AAA rate nights. It's only another $12 total, but that will get used at the Cabana Bar. :drinking1

Same here. It's dropped a number of times, and today the Swan just dropped another $6 per night for my stay next week. One free and two AAA rate nights. It's only another $12 total, but that will get used at the Cabana Bar. :drinking1

Yes, I am also using AAA rate. Saved funds will go towards our food purchases at the Swan/Dolphin hotel as well.

Last edited:
Oh man, patty you are killing me. I'm going next week, I've changed my reservation 3 times already, I was not going to look, didn't want to know. I looked, I can cancel Dolphin and move to Swan and save a tad over $100. Seriously, I'm already in the process of dealing with them because they charged me the deposit for the third switch but didn't refund the deposit for the first stay. What are the odds they will refund the two they now have or can they be switched over to Swan? Decisions, decisions, is it worth $100 for me to possibly lose 2 deposits?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter