• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I booked using the AAA rate and it says on my reservation that since I'm staying for 5 nights, there is a $50 resort credit. Does that mean they are giving me $50 to spend anywhere in the Dolphin restaurants?
Also, the reservation says since I have to pay the $25 service fee for the internet, gym, etc., that it also involves 2 bottles of water a day. Where is that, do I just get it somewhere, or is it all stocked in the fridge when I get there, or is it just a credit or coupon I turn in somewhere. We are there 5 nights, so that would be 10 bottles??

The $50 credit will show up at the end of your stay, applied against restaurant/lounge or spa charges.

The $50 credit will show up at the end of your stay, applied against restaurant/lounge or spa charges.

Okay, thanks, I never thought about that I could charge things there to the room. So I guess I'll just make sure I charge $50 worth.

due to construction this spring, anyone think a stay at Swan might be better than Dolphin? (never stayed Swan,love the Dolphin) thinking about rooms with good views,etc.

Oh my...I just did it again. Drop in Swan prices for my stay, so moved over there. I preferred to stay at the Swan anyway, so I'm done looking. I started at the Dolphin, moved to Swan, back to Dolphin, now back to Swan. I didn't even have the nerve to call, just canceled and rebooked. I have a free night, so am happy to get in the Swan under the wire for the point increase that will be needed to book when it changes in March. I also wanted to get a newly renovated room. Starwood will have my picture on a dart board in their offices. :o

Oh my...I just did it again. Drop in Swan prices for my stay, so moved over there. I preferred to stay at the Swan anyway, so I'm done looking. I started at the Dolphin, moved to Swan, back to Dolphin, now back to Swan. I didn't even have the nerve to call, just canceled and rebooked. I have a free night, so am happy to get in the Swan under the wire for the point increase that will be needed to book when it changes in March. I also wanted to get a newly renovated room. Starwood will have my picture on a dart board in their offices. :o
:cool1: :thumbsup2

That's how I feel Dan! My older son in NYC is flying down on the 10th after work for my last night at the Swan. I've already told him about the moves, and hate the thought of telling him I did it again. He doubts my sanity anyway. I'm tempted to just let him know when he arrives, and say the hotel moved me for their own purposes. :rolleyes1

I remember reading that some people were able to view the Frozen fireworks at DHS from the Swan.. now that there are going to be nightly Star Wars fireworks, do you think that the Swan will add a fireworks view category?

Thanks for the advice.... I decided to give it a try at the Swan too,esp. since the points value is changing very soon.... I wanted to at least try it once to compare....:banana:

I've done it three times at Dolphin on my upcoming trip, first time I called and got them to transfer my ressie to the new rate. Next time (thanks to you) I got another reduced rate so I just cancelled on line and rebooked. The problem with that one is they charged a deposit to my CC with the very first reservation, which just stayed when I called and they rebooked. When I cancelled and booked on line, the deposit wasn't refunded and they charged me another one. I sent them an email and told them I was fine with the two staying on my cc as long as I did indeed get credit for both of them when I checked out, it would mean my stay was just about totally paid off. Haven't hear back so I'm guessing I'm going to have to call. I guess I'll hop on their site and see what the new rates are now.

Hi, everyone at Swan/Dolphin board! I just booked our last minute spring break trip to use our SPG points. I've been looking into either Swan/Dolphin since last week but the availability just opened up today for the whole duration of our dates so I booked. We'll be there from 3/18-3/25 at Swan (which I prefer as to Dolphin). :dogdance: This is totally last minute thing but since we are using SPG points and AP is still good until July, we are all set to go for our virtually cheapest trip! Really excited and can't believe I am going to Disney in less than a month!!!!:yay:

Hi, everyone at Swan/Dolphin board! I just booked our last minute spring break trip to use our SPG points. I've been looking into either Swan/Dolphin since last week but the availability just opened up today for the whole duration of our dates so I booked. We'll be there from 3/18-3/25 at Swan (which I prefer as to Dolphin). :dogdance: This is totally last minute thing but since we are using SPG points and AP is still good until July, we are all set to go for our virtually cheapest trip! Really excited and can't believe I am going to Disney in less than a month!!!!:yay:
Sure sounds good to me!!!

Hi Dan - after our cruise in Sept, we are staying at the Dolphin. Need to know, can we get a DCL transfer directly from Port Canaveral to the Dolphin? Hate to rent a car for a day and a half.
Love the Dolphin, last stay was Sept, 2015. Great to get back even for a short stay
Dan, so good to see you!! Caroline

Hi Dan - after our cruise in Sept, we are staying at the Dolphin. Need to know, can we get a DCL transfer directly from Port Canaveral to the Dolphin? Hate to rent a car for a day and a half.
Love the Dolphin, last stay was Sept, 2015. Great to get back even for a short stay

Just a fyi...If you rent National or Alamo you can drop the car right at the Dolphin.

Thanks - looked at rental costs from Port Canaveral to the Dolphin and back to MCO for a day and a half - far too expensive right now. Wondering if you can be dropped off at the Dolphin by DCL.

Checking in at the Dolphin in few days. I bought E-tickets and made my FP+ reservations. I then bought Magic Bands, Can I activate the bands or do I have to do it at a park ?

Checking in at the Dolphin in few days. I bought E-tickets and made my FP+ reservations. I then bought Magic Bands, Can I activate the bands or do I have to do it at a park ?

If you have a MyDisneyExperience account, you can add the Magic Bands there! :thumbsup2

Thanks - looked at rental costs from Port Canaveral to the Dolphin and back to MCO for a day and a half - far too expensive right now. Wondering if you can be dropped off at the Dolphin by DCL.
As of 2013, yes, DCL was stopping at the Swan and Dolphin. I was looking into it back then. I can't say for sure that this has continued.

Hi Caroline, great to hear from you.

Sounds good, a cruise!! Are you going to be at the Dolphin only for one day/night?

I have seen DCL buses at the S/D, but not sure if they were just Mears buses that were in use as a Mears bus, not necessarily a Disney bus at the time (Mears does the DCL, same as the Magic Express) I really don;t know if DCL does S/D. I would think they would, but if I were you, would ask either on the cruise board o the transportation board, or both.

Hope all is well with you and family. Take care, have a great vacation. Sounds like it will be a good one. I would enjoy seeing the Panama Canal.

And see post replies above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter