• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

In the past the Dolphin would transfer luggage to a Disney hotel.. Do they still do this ? We would need our luggage transferred to Bay Lake Tower. Thanks again! :)

In June we transferred luggage both to the Swan (from POFQ) and from the Swan (to AKL). No issues either time. Just call bell services to come and pick up your luggage and tell them you're going to Bay Lake. I think they told us it could be 4-5 hours before it got there, which was perfectly fine with us.

I also wouldn't take no for an answer. We were initially told that they would NOT move my luggage from the BC to the dolphin, but a call to someone higher up took care of it....

Help Please!! My Dh and I are treating my son and his wife to a stay at the Dolphin. I have made 2 separate reservations for us: 1 room for my DH and I and 1 room for my son and his wife. Both reservations are in my DH's name.

My questions is do I have to have one room reservation in my son and his wife's name in order to attach (is that the correct word?) their tickets to the reservation and thus be allowed to get fastpasses ahead of time? This is all new to me so any help anyone can offer about room reservations, fastpasses and this newfangled way of enjoying the parks would be much appreciated! :confused:

Help Please!! My Dh and I are treating my son and his wife to a stay at the Dolphin. I have made 2 separate reservations for us: 1 room for my DH and I and 1 room for my son and his wife. Both reservations are in my DH's name.

My questions is do I have to have one room reservation in my son and his wife's name in order to attach (is that the correct word?) their tickets to the reservation and thus be allowed to get fastpasses ahead of time? This is all new to me so any help anyone can offer about room reservations, fastpasses and this newfangled way of enjoying the parks would be much appreciated! :confused:

You can have your DS added to your reservation. However, all you need is to have the correct # of people on the reservation. When you add teh reservation to MDE you need to tell MDE which guests are in the room.

I'm really not sure if it will cause a problem if you are listed as staying in both rooms.

I'm still unsure of what to do. For the purposes of MDE should I put all 4 of us in the same room? Will the Dolphin be notified of that and perhaps charge me extra for 2 additional adults in a room? Is there anywhere in the DIS boards that explains all this? Thanks in advance!

I had this very problem last spring when the Swan/Dolphin could initially be added to MDE. My name was on both rooms, and it ended up being a bit of a nightmare. Have your name on one room and you will be able to add your husband on MDE. Have your son's name on the other room, and you will be able to add his wife.
I don't know if they ever figured out how to fix this easily, but it was just a circus last spring.

I had this very problem last spring when the Swan/Dolphin could initially be added to MDE. My name was on both rooms, and it ended up being a bit of a nightmare. Have your name on one room and you will be able to add your husband on MDE. Have your son's name on the other room, and you will be able to add his wife.
I don't know if they ever figured out how to fix this easily, but it was just a circus last spring.

Thanks for the info. I'll call the dolphin to change the names on the reservations. The next question is do I set up 2 different MDEs (one per couple), and if so how hard will it be to get all of us the same FP times? This is confusing and I don't want to do something I can't undo!

I'd like to get Be Our Guest lunch FPs for our October trip. I know that Disney resort guests can do this within a few weeks of their trip using their 12-digit reservation number. Can Dolphin/Swan guests also get this FP, and if so, how did you go about getting the reservation number that the BOG system will accept? Thank you!

I apologize if this has been covered somewhere already, but I wasn't able to find the answer to this anywhere when searching!

Does anyone recommend a bus/shuttle from ORD airport to Swan/Dolphin if you are not renting a car?

I'd like to get Be Our Guest lunch FPs for our October trip. I know that Disney resort guests can do this within a few weeks of their trip using their 12-digit reservation number. Can Dolphin/Swan guests also get this FP, and if so, how did you go about getting the reservation number that the BOG system will accept? Thank you!

I apologize if this has been covered somewhere already, but I wasn't able to find the answer to this anywhere when searching!

Swan/Dolphin guests can book fastpasses at the same time as other WDW resort guests, so I imagine that applies to Be Our Guest as well. Your hotel reservation number will be recognized by the My Disney Experience web site.

this is great info! I didn't know we had this option, the ride for 4 from hotel to airport is a very fair price!(s/d)
I agree! Also Mears.com has some options too, even for private van it's $105 fixed rate. Pretty good in my opinion.

Swan/Dolphin guests can book fastpasses at the same time as other WDW resort guests, so I imagine that applies to Be Our Guest as well. Your hotel reservation number will be recognized by the My Disney Experience web site.

yes, MDE recognizes your reservation number, and you CAN book FP+ 60 days out, but the BOG lunch FP website does not recognize S/D reservation numbers. Believe me, I tried! :headache:

yes, MDE recognizes your reservation number, and you CAN book FP+ 60 days out, but the BOG lunch FP website does not recognize S/D reservation numbers. Believe me, I tried! :headache:

Yes, exactly! I had no problem linking my Dolphin reservation with MDE, but I've tried many times on the separate BOG FP site, and that system won't accept my reservation number. @I loveStitchnippyjon - Did you ever find a workaround in the system in order to make the reservations?

Yes, exactly! I had no problem linking my Dolphin reservation with MDE, but I've tried many times on the separate BOG FP site, and that system won't accept my reservation number. @I loveStitchnippyjon - Did you ever find a workaround in the system in order to make the reservations?

Guess it's a good thing I have eaten lunch there once, and don't have to return.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an EVC company that would deliver to the Dolphin? I'm bringing my 75 yo friend on her first WDW trip. She's healthy overall but her knees sometimes bother her if she walks too much. We arrive Thursday afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter