Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I don't think they have to compete as even once you factor in free dining S/D is way cheaper than any Epcot resort. I have heard of Platinum members having the resort fee waived or sometimes given breakfast vouchers but that's only because if you are Platinum you get free internet at every property. When a resort fee specifies it includes internet most properties will try to make it up to the Platinum member so they aren't charging for something they are supposed to be getting for free,
They were waiving the fee last year, up through August, for Gold and Platinum. As of then, no waiving for Gold or Platinum (as I understand it) and only a complementary speed increase of the Internet connection for Platinum.

Thanks so much for that info! Do you know how many points are required for resort view with balcony or Epcot view or any other type of room other than standard? TIA!

I think it's an extra 1000 for balcony and an extra 1500 for Epcot view (per night)

I think it's an extra 1000 for balcony and an extra 1500 for Epcot view (per night)

Epcot view wasn't available when I called, but I was offered a balcony for 1,000 additional points. That's a no-brainer to me if you have the points to spare. :cool1: Unfortunately those rooms are rarely available when I've tried book.

Klepton and Lizabu : Thanks for the info on the points required for upgraded rooms. I really love those EPCOT view balcony rooms!:cloud9:

Hmmm,a refurb in June,any thoughts on when they finish swan,and start dolphin? Looking for a Nov. stay,but would try to stay in one that isn't being reurb'ed....for that matter,swan vs. dolphin,thoughts? I love Dolphin,wondwring about faves here....

Hmmm,a refurb in June,any thoughts on when they finish swan,and start dolphin? Looking for a Nov. stay,but would try to stay in one that isn't being reurb'ed....for that matter,swan vs. dolphin,thoughts? I love Dolphin,wondwring about faves here....

I like the dolphin for picabu but I would strongly consider the swan if it was recently refurbished

I wouldn't worry about staying at either during a refurb. What they normally do is close an entire floor. The elevators won't even stop at the floors being refurbed.

I love both Swan & Dolphin and will gladly stay at either! Dolphin obviously has more rooms and more room/view choices. :goodvibes

I used to book the Epcot Fireworks balcony with point upgrades but this summer nope. I called a few times and finally they said they are no longer allowing those rooms to be upgraded on points. The hotel is only obligated to give you a standard room on points.

That said I just booked one of those rooms for July on the website.

How do I get the 60 FP+ option that allegedly is now available for S&D guests?

I realize that the Swan and Dolphin are not Disney hotels, but they do get a lot of the Disney perks. That being said if you are staying there are you eligible for the bounceback offer via Disney?

Thanks,
Jennifer

I used to book the Epcot Fireworks balcony with point upgrades but this summer nope. I called a few times and finally they said they are no longer allowing those rooms to be upgraded on points. The hotel is only obligated to give you a standard room on points.

If you have tickets and link your S/D confirmation number, you should be able to book your 60 day FP+,

I realize that the Swan and Dolphin are not Disney hotels, but they do get a lot of the Disney perks. That being said if you are staying there are you eligible for the bounceback offer via Disney?

Thanks,
Jennifer
No bouncebacks.

Had the same problem with suites. For the last 6 years, I was able to book an executive suite for 10,000 points each for the bedroom and parlor (total 20,000 per night, 5th night free). Now, I can book the bedroom with points and have to pay $200 for the parlor. May need to consider connecting rooms next time, but they say they cannot guarantee. Pretty annoying.

Very excited..I called to see what the cost would be to upgrade to a balcony room and the woman said ok you currently have a Lake view king booked and it would be $20 a night to upgrade to a deluxe with a balcony! I was worried b/c I noticed the room rate I had booked at ($233.00) went up by $30 a night recently and I didn't want to lose my rate.

I was expecting a lot more than $20 more a night for a balcony so now I have the King, lake/resort view with balcony for $253.10 a night!! On top of that she was super nice and it took me less than 5 minutes on the phone and I already have the confirmation email! Yeah me!! :cool1:

Hurry up October!! pixiedust:

I'm planning a trip to the Swan/Dolphon in March '15 and I am trying to find the best value for a family of 4. We are teachers and the dates are blacked out as of now for the teacher rate. We are Starwood members with just 1700 points. I have read about the half off the rack rate for 1000 points but we are not sure what the rack rates are. Please help us find the most affordable way to get our room - we have stayed here in November before on the teacher rate and would like to find a good deal for the expensive Spring Break season.

Just back from a stay at the Swan...thanks to all for the pre-trip advice! Location can't be beat, amazing dining options, staff was super nice and AAA rate was a great value.

That said, am happy to hear a rehab is in the works. Seemed a bit dated to me. Would love it if they had full magic band benefits- acting as room key and with room charge privileges. Would also love to see Magical Express service offered.

Bus service was pretty dismal. Standing room only on every bus we took. I realize they want to optimize routes but seemed to be too many resorts sharing a bus to me. Ability to walk to Epcot & DHS a major perk!

Heard a rumor that Bluezoo may not be there much longer. Anyone else hear that? Hoping just a rumor as we have had some great meals there!

I've always felt the S&D didn't get the same attention with transportation as other WDW resorts.

And for the water parks all resorts are woefully underserved. They all go to DTD first and sometime park for a bit. For $15 we take a cab.

I'm planning a trip to the Swan/Dolphon in March '15 and I am trying to find the best value for a family of 4. We are teachers and the dates are blacked out as of now for the teacher rate. We are Starwood members with just 1700 points. I have read about the half off the rack rate for 1000 points but we are not sure what the rack rates are. Please help us find the most affordable way to get our room - we have stayed here in November before on the teacher rate and would like to find a good deal for the expensive Spring Break season.

I'm a teacher too and always use that rate. Don't worry. They don't release it until later. One year it was in September and another in December. I'd book and keep checking. They always will lower the rate when it drops. I love this place and appreciate the teacher discount. 14 more sleeps til I go!

Just back from a stay at the Swan...thanks to all for the pre-trip advice! Location can't be beat, amazing dining options, staff was super nice and AAA rate was a great value.

Bus service was pretty dismal. Standing room only on every bus we took. I realize they want to optimize routes but seemed to be too many resorts sharing a bus to me. Ability to walk to Epcot & DHS a major perk!

I've always felt the S&D didn't get the same attention with transportation as other WDW resorts.

And for the water parks all resorts are woefully underserved. They all go to DTD first and sometime park for a bit. For $15 we take a cab.

Hmmm, I too am just back today from a stay at the Dolphin. We did not experience the same issues with busing. We took a bus to TL on Thursday and were practically alone on the bus at 9:40am and the bus stopped at BC and BW then went to TL before DTD. On the return trip we did not stop at DTD we went directly to S/D. On Tues. morning the MK bus was full and we had to wait for the next MK bus which came in about 5 min. Still made it to MK prior to rope drop.

My issue at the Dolphin was with check in and with housekeeping.

This was my second stay and I had a check in issue the first time also :furious:. This time I had requested connecting rooms, not only were our rooms not connecting they were not even close together. I nicely tried to get a change made but the clerk was pretty firm so I got a bit snippy and said it was really disappointing when you make your reservations so many months in advance to not get your request especially when you know the hotel is not full. I asked for specific info about our room view and orientation before we would accept the rooms, then he hesitated and excused himself. He was gone almost 10 min and we were getting pretty frustrated :headache: finally he reappeared and said he could not give us any connecting rooms but could offer us rooms much closer together and with better views. We were given a resort balcony room and our over 18 yo DS and DD were given a fountain view room across the hall and two doors down. Check in took 25 min, not really acceptable to me.

Problem with housekeeping was on our last full day. Our housekeeper all week was wonderful, introduced herself, would ask if we needed anything extra, wish us a happy day in the parks etc.... I tipped her daily for both rooms. On the last day we returned around 4pm to uncleaned rooms. I was not happy. There were two housekeeping carts and keepers on the floor chatting it up. I asked if either of them was responsible for our two rooms and they said "I don't know, we'll find out when we go downstairs" :confused3 WTH??? Then I asked for clean towels and they said they had none. I went and called guest services and vented, they were very apologetic and said it would be cleaned immediately. I said no we need to shower and get to Epcot for dinner ADR so come after 6pm. Of course one of those keepers came down to our room 5 min later and wanted to come in and clean. DH explained we had already called downstairs to make other arrangements and she was not happy. Our room was clean when we returned at midnight and an apology message on our phone from housekeeping.

So other than that.... we were grateful for the tip to eat at the pool bar restaurant, it was good and where we used our AAA resort credits. We had good ice creams from the Fountain and a nice breakfast at Fresh. The boats are very handy to HS and Epcot and the bus worked for us. We cabbed to Cali Grill, you must call for a cab as only Mears towncars can line up on property but it was not a problem. The hotel grounds were clean and pretty and for the price the location can not be beat.

I'm not sure I'd say that, since the S/D share transportation with three WDW resorts. :) I think that's just one of the worst things about staying in an Epcot area resort, all the resorts on one bus line.

In the past when we have used starwood points for our room we often got a complimentary upgrade to a balcony upon request. Is it true from what I am reading that they are not allowed to do this anymore? Is it true I can't use starwood points for a room with a balcony even if I pay for the difference of a standard?

I've found that if you don't specifically call guest services and request early housekeeping you're lucky if the have your room clean by 4. I get it. They want to make rooms checking out a priority. Last time on the first day DH called guest services and asked for early housekeeping every day and we didn't have to call again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter