Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Here this weekend and they were doing construction on the Dolphin balcony's on Friday. Also, the main pool waterfall is still not operating.

They had pulled permits on a major pool renovation project https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022...ld-permit-hints-at-huge-hotel-pool-expansion/ way back in April.

So I can "maybe" see them delaying major pool repairs..... but at this point I would have expected them to be deep into construction. Clearly this amount of work is going to take a least a year, so I'm not sure what the issue with the waterfall is...

Here this weekend and they were doing construction on the Dolphin balcony's on Friday. Also, the main pool waterfall is still not operating.
Does it look like a lot of balconies are still out of commission? Getting nervous for December - a balcony is a priority for us!

Another update: staying at S&D and attempted to use my Marriott breakfast voucher at Amare/Reserve - waiter told us no, it can only be used at S&D. I politely said I've used this a handful of times here, please check. Manager said one-time exception will be made, but can only be used at S&D. I then overheard (quite loudly) manager saying to staff to not accept those vouchers going forward.

@DisneyGamer11 that's odd, I do wonder WHY they wouldn't accept them. Reading this story, Your complete guide to Marriott elite breakfast benefits makes me wonder even more. Sure seems like Marriott has not fully united their various purchases under their banner. I know, in talking/reading with some others that hotel owners are pushing back on the Marriott freebies as well as Bonvoy points as it's impacting some popular locations - and why we've seen a further devaluation of the Bonvoy points. But I'd assume that since Tishman owns all of the SDR properties that they'd all be treated equally... guess not though.

Sure seems like Marriott has not fully united their various purchases under their banner.
The Swan Reserve is part of Marriott's Autograph Collection. Autograph Collection was created by Marriott so it never was part of Starwood and wasn't a purchase. From the link you posted, it looks like the breakfast amenity for top-tier Bonvoy members is guaranteed at the legacy Starwood brands (in this case Swan as a Westin and Dolphin as a Sheraton) but not necessarily for legacy Marriott brands (Autograph Collection) unless it is a limited-service brand that offers everyone free breakfast (such as Fairfield Inn, SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, etc.).

I may be gold status before we go, so maybe we'll get an upgrade?? One can hope... I downloaded the MDE app and for some reason it has my 4 yo daughter as an adult and won't let me link to her.... I tried to call but they were having technical difficulties and I got a recording to call back later.

@Jillfo you are 100% correct, read the same info. But still doesn't make sense to me. Tishman owns now owns three hotels next to each other, but they are opting to not honor these benefits that they allow at both Swan & Dolphin. That just seems to be asking for upset guests by being so inconsistent between the 3 resorts in this case. Maybe they shouldn't have called it Swan Reserve.

@Addies Mom don't count on an upgrade with Gold, while it's not the lowest it really is the base level. It's sort of the Rodney Dangerfield of the Marriott Bonvoy status levels. It never hurts to ask, but be prepared if they offer you an upgrade with a price tag attached. For your MDE issue were you calling Disney or SDR?

@Addies Mom don't count on an upgrade with Gold, while it's not the lowest it really is the base level. It's sort of the Rodney Dangerfield of the Marriott Bonvoy status levels. It never hurts to ask, but be prepared if they offer you an upgrade with a price tag attached. For your MDE issue were you calling Disney or SDR?
I'm not counting on it, someone said that with gold you have a good chance of an upgrade.

I may be gold status before we go, so maybe we'll get an upgrade?? One can hope... I downloaded the MDE app and for some reason it has my 4 yo daughter as an adult and won't let me link to her.... I tried to call but they were having technical difficulties and I got a recording to call back later.
I wouldn’t bother hoping for an upgrade. Plenty of Plats and Titaniums struggle to get upgrades out of Swolphin. I swung one at SR as a Plat but I only had a one night stay.

@Dan Murphy - thanks so much for that gorgeous picture! Our first stay at the Dolphin is fast approaching and I'm starting to feel homesickness for our usual resort, Wilderness Lodge, especially at the holidays. Gorgeous pictures like that remind me to be excited and look forward to something new. I truly hope we love the Dolphin!

I'm not counting on it, someone said that with gold you have a good chance of an upgrade.

Yeah I'm Gold but the "upgrades" have been few and far between..... they always say I'm getting an upgraded room. But hard to see how it's a Theme Park view or any view when it's the 2nd floor looking at tops of trees.

Funny thing is my first stay at Dolphin, was a hot rate through Hotwire... and at check-in (no member status at all) I got a Balcony Room with Theme Park view. I've stayed a number of times and haven't gotten a Balcony since then. Once there was a clear view of Hollywood... been nice if they were doing fireworks. But it's also a clear view of the Parking Lot and a major roadway... so not sure what it really qualified as.

@Dan Murphy - thanks so much for that gorgeous picture! Our first stay at the Dolphin is fast approaching and I'm starting to feel homesickness for our usual resort, Wilderness Lodge, especially at the holidays. Gorgeous pictures like that remind me to be excited and look forward to something new. I truly hope we love the Dolphin!
You are welcome AF8. If you are going during the holidays, you will also enjoy the holiday decorations and goings on at S/D. Very pretty.

And here is a gallery of some S/D/R pictures from their site (disregard the currently apparently non-working waterfall at the pool)

https://swandolphin.com/more/gallery/

Here is their holiday site. Make sure to click the various links there

https://santasfavoriteresort.com/

And here is a video from some vlogger from last year it looks like.

And the Christmas light show on the causeway between the 2 resorts. This is from a few years ago, but should be the same or similar.

Oh I had no idea they did all this! Makes me even more excited for my trip next month!

Oh I had no idea they did all this! Makes me even more excited for my trip next month!
Watching this video I just realized that I had forgotten about those escalators coming from the boat ramp. Is there an elevator there also? We will have two scooters in our party, and obviously escalators will not work for us. I know they must have elevator somewhere hopefully right in the same area.

We are definitely looking forward to our early December trip, I haven't seen the Dolphin all decked out for the holidays for quite a few years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter