Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

If anyone is booking trips 6+ months out.. keep checking prices daily. Just yesterday they all dropped 30$+ and today they rockets back over 50$ from before they were dropped yesterday. Like I understand its variable pricing but this seems crazy that it changes so much day to day.
I booked this morning for a week in Feb, now the price is $60 per day higher. Crazy.

I've read here that the boats start 1 hour before park opening. Now that early entry is in full swing, does that mean an hour before the early entry time? Or regular park opening time?
We found they were starting an hour before the early time (like on the DOT) last week. But they were running full capacity when we were there. You do need a mask on the boat, inside or on the back.

If anyone is booking trips 6+ months out.. keep checking prices daily. Just yesterday they all dropped 30$+ and today they rockets back over 50$ from before they were dropped yesterday. Like I understand its variable pricing but this seems crazy that it changes so much day to day.
In my recent price stalking I’ve found that Fri & Sat are usually the cheapest days to book a reservation. Sometimes the price holds over through Sunday.

In my recent price stalking I’ve found that Fri & Sat are usually the cheapest days to book a reservation. Sometimes the price holds over through Sunday.
Thats good to know, I will check back to see if they lower the price.

One thing really bothersome. I booked yesterday morning. When I look today logged in with the phone app, the price is almost double what I booked at, but when I look from a different computer thats not logged in to my bonvoy account, the price is similar to what I saw later in the day.

Good Morning. I called the regular reservation number last night ( in house reservations was closed ) and wanted prices for the Dolphin for March 2-13. The agent said nothing was available. I asked which days are available, and he said that he doesn't see anything available in the whole month of March. Also nothing available January, February or April. Is this a glitch or something? I haven't been post Covid so I don't know what has changed.

Good Morning. I called the regular reservation number last night ( in house reservations was closed ) and wanted prices for the Dolphin for March 2-13. The agent said nothing was available. I asked which days are available, and he said that he doesn't see anything available in the whole month of March. Also nothing available January, February or April. Is this a glitch or something? I haven't been post Covid so I don't know what has changed.
I would think it to be a glitch of some sort. Can't imagine sold out for four months.

Hi Dan- We've stayed at the Swan before and if I got a great deal, we would stay there again for sure!
Thanks again for the review and feedback on you SR stay! I currently have rooms booked on points at both the Swan and SR for a trip in 2 weeks, and need to cancel one of the reservations (I only need one room). Based on your recent experience, I take it that you would recommend staying at the Swan over the SR at this point?

Date calendar on Marriott site says March 4, 5, 13-16, 29 aren't available.

Also, an 11 night stay is going to zero out much of the calendar. All it takes is one sold-out day in the middle third of the month to error out a long stay for most of the month.

Last edited:
Swan looks available

They've been having issues with their inventory system. The Swan shows rooms available even for the sold out President's Day week, but it wont let you book and speaking to customer service they say it's a glitch.

yes, a glitch, but not sure why they aren't able to fix.
I find that using the Marriott system to book Dolphin/Swan, the rooms are "real" (can be booked) if you see them showing up on a page that offers a "Prepay and Save" tab. i.e. whatever room style you see on the "Prepay" tab, let's say a King with resort view and balcony, that is the room style that is really available for booking. Even if you see "2 Doubles" on the "Standard Rates" tab, they aren't truly available.
(In case this helps)

I wonder if they might be taking blocks of rooms out of rotation for refresh (maybe not full renovation)

I can’t get a hold of anyone via room phone and text takes forever. Any chance anyone here know if Dolphin has a luggage scale available to guests?

@phoenixconfidential did you use the text number in the SDR app?

I've found most all bell stands have a scale, or should say I've yet to find one that doesn't but never tried at SDR.

Does anyone have experience shipping boxes to themselves at Dolphin? Do the boxes go to a business center or will it be at the front desk if I label it for a guest arrival?

Sorry, one more question: Are there any issues at Dolphin with grocery deliveries that include alcohol?

My last trip, I was able to book with priceline but marriott was not showing availability.
I’ve actually had experience with a similar situation. On my last trip to Disney in Sep ‘19 I wanted to arrive a night earlier than my on-site reservation. I tried to book the Wyndham Bonnet Creek but they were full. I hopped over to Hotwire and booked their secret deal. Low and behold we got the Wyndham. Fast forward a week or so and we arrived around 9PM. I go inside to checkin and they don’t have our reservation; they’re also completely sold out. I had to call HW to get them to figure it out. They finally got us a room but they rebooked for only 2 adults and didn’t include the 2 kids. The hotel was completely out of double rooms. They worked their magic and put us in a 1-bedroom with sleeper sofa and full kitchen. We really only needed a place to sleep. We didn’t finally get into that room until 1AM. Now I tend to trust hotel websites that say they’re sold out.

I can’t get a hold of anyone via room phone and text takes forever. Any chance anyone here know if Dolphin has a luggage scale available to guests?
It took 4.5 hours to get a text response for me today. From what I’ve read here and elsewhere, that doesn’t seem like their norm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter