Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I haven't been to either real recently, but I have been to both. I would say Fresh is way better Chef Mickey's, with no characters,. And I am pretty sure they have Mickey waffles

Yes I do know they have Mickey waffles per pictures I've seen. Thanks for the feedback that Fresh is better! :) if the food is better and its cheaper, since i'm not worried about the character experience it may be a no brainer. I just was wondering about the food comparison.

For those that may not venture off of this thread on the DIS:

RUMOR THAT DISNEY GENIE WILL LAUNCH FIRST WEEK OF OCTOBER via WDW Magic. I know we have some upcoming trips here so just wanted to call that out for you friends!

Individual Ride Pricing RUMOR from the same post:
We understand from various sources that Disney will be asking between $4 and $24 per person, per ride, depending on the category of attraction.

My question is: Will we have physical Tickets sent to us, or will they be at the Desk when we Check In? OR?

I assume since I won't have "Magic Bands", I will have to "Tap In' with my physical Ticket.
Others have covered some other options above but if you don't get physical cards at the front desk. You can always stop at the Disney Planning Center (store in Swan) and a CM should be able to provide you with physical RFID cards for your tickets and help you with any other Disney related questions.

Dave

We arrived at Dolphin on Sunday 9/5 and are departing on 9/10. We are DVC, and this was an extra trip we threw together since our points are tied up in other trips.

This being a hotel that hosts conventions, we can tell. We are in a king room (booked no view but are overlooking BoardWalk and can see Epcot fireworks). I have traveled a lot for work, and this feels like a business hotel. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing; I am level-setting expectations.

Mask required signs are everywhere, yet I would say around 50% are compliant. We’ve let elevators go if the other occupants are unmasked.

We’ve eaten at Fountain, which was good, especially after an exhausting day of travel. We’ve also purchased hot sandwiches and coffee from Fuel. A bit pricey but convenient.

I ran a load of wash on Tuesday morning. Laundry room is huge. We are in the East wing so I had to take the elevator to the lobby and then the escalator to level 1 from Central. It’s in the vicinity of Picabu, right past the arcade. I used my credit card to pay, but there is a change machine. It looks like at least the washers take quarters (didn’t look to see if the dryer had a coin slot. Washer was $3, and I believe the dryer was $2.75.

We used the bus from BoardWalk to Magic Kingdom. We did not go at rope drop so no worries about a crowded bus. Mask compliance on transportation was around 95%. We did use the Dolphin-Disney Springs bus and opted to use the bus to BoardWalk for our return. The Dolphin bus drops you off past Cirque du Soleil, but the entrance to Disney Springs is closed at that end. Instead, we had to cross the road to the parking garage, walk up to level 2, and go to the second entrance in the parking garage where security is set up. We normally have a rental car so we park in the garage. We didn’t want to pay $29 per night to self-park a rental (parking is included with DVC reservations).

Overall, it’s nice but doubt we would stay here again.

I ran a load of wash on Tuesday morning. Laundry room is huge. We are in the East wing so I had to take the elevator to the lobby and then the escalator to level 1 from Central. It’s in the vicinity of Picabu, right past the arcade. I used my credit card to pay, but there is a change machine. It looks like at least the washers take quarters (didn’t look to see if the dryer had a coin slot. Washer was $3, and I believe the dryer was $2.75.

did you stay with your laundry the whole time? Trying to decide if it’s worth taking time out. Did you bring your own detergent or how does that work? I’ve never used a laundry facility on vacation but we’re going for 8 days.

A comment on ADRs for Swan Reserve guests. I was told today (via MDE chat) that the + part of 60+ ADRs for Swan Reserve must be made by telephone and can't be done on-line.

did you stay with your laundry the whole time? Trying to decide if it’s worth taking time out. Did you bring your own detergent or how does that work? I’ve never used a laundry facility on vacation but we’re going for 8 days.
I did not. There is a couch and a bench, as well as a large amount of folding space. During the wash cycle I sat in the hotel lobby with a cup of coffee from Fuel. During the drying cycle I was in my room. You could even go to the pool as it is nearby.

We have an Owner’s Locker so we do have our own detergent, but there is a vending machine that sells it (Tide?). We’ll be doing some more tomorrow after our park day; I’ll make note. The laundry room is open all hours. Let me know if you have any other questions.

A comment on ADRs for Swan Reserve guests. I was told today (via MDE chat) that the + part of 60+ ADRs for Swan Reserve must be made by telephone and can't be done on-line.
Yeah, I noticed that when I was making ADRs for my (now cancelled) Sept Reserve reservation. I just figured it wasn’t in the system yet as a resort. I wasn’t making any hard to get dining plans so I just did it at 60 days for each.

Dolphin wouldn’t let me do late checkout last weekend (even asked for just 1 or 2 hours) I’ve never had a hotel not allow that before even when their policy is that you can pay for late checkout. It was pretty annoying.

Last edited:
Dolphin wouldn’t let me do late checkout last weekend (even asked for just 1 or 2 hours) I’ve never had a hotel not allow that before even when their policy is that you can pay for late checkout. It was pretty annoying.
Late checkout requests always are subject to availability. They must have been sold out that day/had a great number of checkins for that day. Sometimes, it’s your room type that is sold out and assigned to an arriving guest. I’m sure current short-staffing also contributed to being denied late checkout, as housekeeping has a certain number of rooms that need to be serviced for turnover.

Normally, those requests are accommodated, if at all possible, with priority to higher level Bonvoy members. As a Gold member, my late checkout request was not always met - and that was pre-pandemic; they just had a very sizable number of checkins on my departure date.

Late checkout requests always are subject to availability. They must have been sold out that day/had a great number of checkins for that day.
I will agree with @Gitelfor that late check-out is only a request policy. Did you happen to want a late check on Labor Day weekend?

That is one of the many busy holiday weekends for Florida residents that book short holiday stays.

Dave

Anyone know why the dolphin is sold out on Friday October 29? Was looking to book 10/28-11/2, but that one night is not available. Even checked the Marriott site....

Nope but I will take a guess. It is the weekend of Halloween (Sunday). There is a Boo Bash Friday night at MK with the final event on Sunday Oct. 31.

Dave

There are two conferences at the Dolphin that might also impact that date, but could also open up rooms about 30 days out too
Mon, 25 - Wed, 27 Oct 2021 100-500 attendees
Sun, 31 Oct - Tue, 02 Nov 2021 100-500 attendees

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter