Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@cgattis I'm stumped maybe somebody else knows, I just didn't think they put any sofa's in any rooms other then King Beds rooms, but maybe they have.

That looks awesome, but she said it would only have one bathroom. Sorry—I left that out, and the description in my email doesn’t specifically say that. I’d feel pretty pixie-dusted if we end up with this!! 🤩

While there are more than one layout for the premium studio, the other poster was correct with one of the layout photos. You would just receive the one bed/one bath version rather than the two bed that was posted. We have stayed in the premium studios many times and have received this layout for the most part as we requested it. There are other layouts that are smaller but still very nice. Some of these connect to two other rooms which is why we reserve for our family when everyone goes. There are also a variety of bed configurations, we normally have a king studio connected to two rooms with two doubles each. I would look at your confirmation and confirm that it says premium studio as I believe the alcoves are sometimes just referred to as premium family rooms.

https://www.swandolphinmeetings.com/resort/dolphin_premium_studio.html
https://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/dolphin_deluxe_family_room.html

While there are more than one layout for the premium studio, the other poster was correct with one of the layout photos. You would just receive the one bed/one bath version rather than the two bed that was posted. We have stayed in the premium studios many times and have received this layout for the most part as we requested it. There are other layouts that are smaller but still very nice. Some of these connect to two other rooms which is why we reserve for our family when everyone goes. There are also a variety of bed configurations, we normally have a king studio connected to two rooms with two doubles each. I would look at your confirmation and confirm that it says premium studio as I believe the alcoves are sometimes just referred to as premium family rooms.

https://www.swandolphinmeetings.com/resort/dolphin_premium_studio.html
https://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/dolphin_deluxe_family_room.html
Well, the phone CM called it a “premium studio with two doubles and a queen sofabed” but my confirmation says “2 Double Beds,Premium Guest Room,Sofabed.” None of these names match up exactly with the SwanDolphin website. I’m fine with whatever we get, as long as we have three beds. But just thought it was interesting how nebulous these room descriptions are. If anyone is super picky about their suite configuration, I don’t know how much luck they’d have actually getting exactly what they want. But as long as I have three beds and a shower, we’ll be thrilled to finally be back at WDW for the first time since Toy Story Land opened!!! 😬

Quick question: Can Swolphin guests use Magical Express? I know they can use the other Disney transportation options but didn't see ME anywhere.

@leebee the reply from @hedberg1661 is 100% right, ME has never been part of S/D. Also be aware that right now S/D is using Mears for transportation to/from MK & AK, but the MK bus is going to TTC not to the Disney bus parking lots. You can use the Friendship boats to/from DHS & Epcot though.

There you go! You're going to have a great trip, don't forget to let us know what you ended up getting too. :)
Definitely will do!

Just looking back at the first post has made me excited to get back! I know some think the Dolphin is “not Disney” but, even though it doesn’t have Mickey decor, it is fun and frankly has many more choices for dining and more amenities than most of the “Disney” resorts! We have really had some great stays there. Fuel looks like a great new option since we were there last. Hoping we can finally try bluezoo this time too!

@cgattis Fuel is a really great setup, I wish they would clone it over at the Swan. As for not being Disney well the way they have refurbished the Disney rooms you don't get that feeling like you use it. We were at POFQ in February, hey I loved our stay but the room was just a nice room, I can't say I really felt it was any more special then our last room at the Swan and I much preferred the bathroom at the Swan. Have a blast!

Forgive me if this has been asked before, does anyone know the best way to contact the Swan to request a specific room or type of room location for an upcoming stay?

Hi @Tross86 right now I think your best bet might be to call, 407-934-4000. There has been some confusion about this. Normally you would use this Room Request Link but some have said to use the app, though I don't see any option there.

Quick question: Can Swolphin guests use Magical Express? I know they can use the other Disney transportation options but didn't see ME anywhere.
While there is no DME for Swan and Dolphin guests, Mears does offer a shuttle service in partnership with the Swan and Dolphin. More info is available on the Swan and Dolphin's official FAQ. It's sometimes cheaper if you have four adults to use their private car/SUV service. I've never done either but my sister did the shuttle once and said it was great and efficient (which can't always be said about these types of shuttles).

While there is no DME for Swan and Dolphin guests, Mears does offer a shuttle service in partnership with the Swan and Dolphin. More info is available on the Swan and Dolphin's official FAQ. It's sometimes cheaper if you have four adults to use their private car/SUV service. I've never done either but my sister did the shuttle once and said it was great and efficient (which can't always be said about these types of shuttles).
Like many services, these days, the Mears airport shuttle will soon be discontinued. According to Mears’ site, their airport shuttle service will end after December 31, 2020.

I have used the service multiple times, over the years, and have no complaints about the service. If there are more than two in your party, other options are less expensive. I believe promo code WEB10 is still valid, though I have not tried, lately.

Like many services, these days, the Mears airport shuttle will soon be discontinued. According to Mears’ site, their airport shuttle service will end after December 31, 2020.

I have used the service multiple times, over the years, and have no complaints about the service. If there are more than two in your party, other options are less expensive. I believe promo code WEB10 is still valid, though I have not tried, lately.
Is that just the S/D Mears airport shuttle, or all Mears shuttles everywhere there?

Is that just the S/D Mears airport shuttle, or all Mears shuttles everywhere there?
Mears is discontinuing all MCO shared shuttles. Hopefully, this is temporary, and when the crowds pick up, the service will resume.

Here is the message posted on their site:

IMPORTANT: We are not accepting shared ride shuttle reservations, to or from Orlando International Airport after 12/31/2020

Thanks for sharing @shoreward I'm shocked they are dropping it, but I am a bit surpised they are even doing shared services right now. Assume they will just push people to use their taxi or other non-shared services.

Hi @Tross86 right now I think your best bet might be to call, 407-934-4000. There has been some confusion about this. Normally you would use this Room Request Link but some have said to use the app, though I don't see any option there.
The comments about using the app were in reference to the Bonvoy app (Marriott) not the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin app (Tishman Group). It can be very confusing so no worries as almost everyone is confused by there being 2 apps.

Dave

The comments about using the app were in reference to the Bonvoy app (Marriott) not the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin app (Tishman Group). It can be very confusing so no worries as almost everyone is confused by there being 2 apps.

Dave
Oh ok. So you can actually use the Bonvoy app to select your specific room? Do you know how early in advance you can select it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter