Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We’re headed to the dolphin in a week. I found the coffee is in room Starbucks but does anybody remember the condiment situation? Is it powder or liquid creamer?

DH and I did an over-nighter at the Dolphin Thursday night. The creamer was powder packs but I always bring my own anyway. Also, there was 3 coffee packs in the room......1 regular and 2 decaf. Have a great time.

Just wanted to say that I rechecked my dates for early June and all but one of the days was down to 40,000 points (the last night was 50,000 points still). So i was able to cancel and rebook and save 30,000 points!
I checked my dates (11/29 through 12/3) for my upcoming trip at the Dolphin the cost dropped to 140,000 points from 150,000 points I never like to cancel once it's linked to the Disney account so I was able to call the Bonvoy number and they were able to refund 10,000 points to my account. It was surprisingly quick and easy!

Staying at the Swan/Dolphin starting Thursday and trying to figure out options. We have a toddler who will need to take naps and we typically put her in her crib in the bathroom so we can close the door and make it dark. Trying to figure out if there is an option where we could upgrade to either have two bathrooms or two rooms of some type for napping. Anyone know what option would be best? There are king suites but I think they only have one bathroom.

@lindseybp Are you staying at the Swan or Dolphin? The Swan has two sinks, with one being in the shower area, I don't think you can fit a crib in there, but I could be wrong. The Dolphin has one sink and perhaps you can fit on in the shower area at the Dolphin. Overview of Swan Rooms and Overview of Dolphin Rooms. You might call the S/D direct and speak with somebody about your needs. Others here can probably give you advice about the larger rooms

I wonder if you were to get a room walk-in shower if the crib might fit in the shower?
f184.jpg

The Swan has two sinks, with one being in the shower area, I don't think you can fit a crib in there, but I could be wrong.
You are not wrong. You for sure can not fit a crib in the shower/toilet section. Barely room to close the door there. But in the outer area, with the second sink and closet, crib could easily fit there. But no door to close off that area. It is pretty removed though from the bedroom area.

Thanks for the replies. Right now our reservation is at the Swan. We called to try to switch to the Dolphin but now they are saying they are sold out even though we still see rooms available on some websites. We are platinum Marriott members....do they offer upgrades if available...not sure how often that happens if they do..

Thanks for the replies. Right now our reservation is at the Swan. We called to try to switch to the Dolphin but now they are saying they are sold out even though we still see rooms available on some websites. We are platinum Marriott members....do they offer upgrades if available...not sure how often that happens if they do..

They are supposed to upgrade Platinum members one level up as long as they have a room available. Usually it’s to a better view though. What do you have booked?

You could bring a dark curtain with a spring/tension curtain rod and use it to close off the sink section.
https://www.amazon.com/Rod-Desyne-S..._r=2AYSQ22X1K88V9S98K99&qid=1569418578&sr=8-2

Hi all. Need advise from all you swan/dolphin experts in here. I am considering booking here in December. I am currently sitting on a reservation at Gran Destino Tower. There is only about a $300 difference between the two. I will be reserving 2 separate rooms and am not a Marriott (or any other) rewards member.

Obviously the biggest advantage to swan/dolphin is the convenience of transportation. I am however very concerned about so many bad reviews concerning the state of some of the rooms, housekeeping, etc. Is one better than the other between the 2?

I know that no hotel is perfect and I’m not OCD but some of the pics I’m seeing are very concerning.

Any advice is so appreciated.

Hi all. Need advise from all you swan/dolphin experts in here. I am considering booking here in December. I am currently sitting on a reservation at Gran Destino Tower. There is only about a $300 difference between the two. I will be reserving 2 separate rooms and am not a Marriott (or any other) rewards member.

Obviously the biggest advantage to swan/dolphin is the convenience of transportation. I am however very concerned about so many bad reviews concerning the state of some of the rooms, housekeeping, etc. Is one better than the other between the 2?

I know that no hotel is perfect and I’m not OCD but some of the pics I’m seeing are very concerning.

Any advice is so appreciated.
How old are the pictures? Both resorts have very recently (really just finished about a year or so ago) total $140,000,000 refurbishment. All rooms, lobbies, checkin, everything.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/tra...s-bz-disney-dolphin-rooms-20170927-story.html

https://luxerecess.com/disney-swan-resort-renovation-disney-world-resorts/

https://www.johnnyjet.com/swan-and-dolphin-resort-disney/

How old are the pictures? Both resorts have very recently (really just finished about a year or so ago) total $140,000,000 refurbishment. All rooms, lobbies, checkin, everything.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/tra...s-bz-disney-dolphin-rooms-20170927-story.html

https://luxerecess.com/disney-swan-resort-renovation-disney-world-resorts/

https://www.johnnyjet.com/swan-and-dolphin-resort-disney/

Yes. Thank you. I love the new rooms. They are lovely.

In some trip advisor it’s pics of newly constructed rooms not cleaned thoroughly. Or really shoddy construction in the refurb. Terrible reports of housekeeping issues. I do understand, more people are prone to leave a bad review than a good one.

I think I saw that more on the dolphin trip advisor than the swan though. Even some of the discussions in here from people’s recent stays have me a bit worried.

Just wanted to hear from Dizzers who have stayed there and what there experience has been in the recent past.

Yes. Thank you. I love the new rooms. They are lovely.

In some trip advisor it’s pics of newly constructed rooms not cleaned thoroughly. Or really shoddy construction in the refurb. Terrible reports of housekeeping issues. I do understand, more people are prone to leave a bad review than a good one.

I think I saw that more on the dolphin trip advisor than the swan though. Even some of the discussions in here from people’s recent stays have me a bit worried.

Just wanted to hear from Dizzers who have stayed there and what there experience has been in the recent past.
I have stayed there over 25 times. Only problem I ever experienced (about 10 or more years ago) was that when i first went to my room, there was no dresser. :confused3 I called guest services, they were puzzled, but had a new one delivered to the room in about 15 minutes. I did not ask for it but they also gave me a one day credit of my resort fee.

I would think more reviews, good or bad, for the Dolphi. It has about twice as many rooms.

I have stayed there over 25 times. Only problem I ever experienced (about 10 or more years ago) was that when i first went to my room, there was no dresser. :confused3 I called guest services, they were puzzled, but had a new one delivered to the room in about 15 minutes. I did not ask for it but they also gave me a one day credit of my resort fee.

I would think more reviews, good or bad, for the Dolphi. It has about twice as many rooms.
Lol. Where did the dresser go? 😂

Thank you, that is great information and I’m glad to hear it. Do you stay at both and do you have a preference one over the other? The swan seems to be a little bit more expensive and I don’t know why.

Lol. Where did the dresser go? 😂

Thank you, that is great information and I’m glad to hear it. Do you stay at both and do you have a preference one over the other? The swan seems to be a little bit more expensive and I don’t know why.
Don't now where it was. They did not know either. :scratchin

I've stayed at the Dolphin maybe 5 times, the Swan the other times. I prefer the Swan. Swan is smaller, more compact, easier to get around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter