Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We have little kids and would want to come back to the hotel for afternoon naps, but have heard that it may take upto 30-45min from the parks (MK and AK). The kids will fall asleep in the bus ride, so I was thinking of taking the bus in the morning to the parks but in the afternoon and night we want to take uber/lyft/minnie van. Can someone tell me where outside of MK and AK will i be able to get these? and how much approximately will it cost us?

We are also going to take uber/lyft from the airport, but we get there around lunch time and the kids will be hungry, is there anything that we can get from the arrival area of the airport?

The busses can take a while during mid day. As far as the Minnie Vans go: at MK they can come right up to the park (I think same area as busses), and for AK I BELIEVE(not 100% positive) they can pick you up in the parking lot. A normal Uber/Lyft would need to go to the TTC at MK.

The Minnie Vans used to be $25 per trip, but I believe they’re transitioning to a distance based pricing system.

The Minnie Vans used to be $25 per trip, but I believe they’re transitioning to a distance based pricing system.
The transition is complete :(
September 2018: Minnie Van prices have changed from a flat rate of $25 per trip to a base rate of $15 trip, plus a per mile fee that varies based upon demand, ranging $2.75 to $3.00 per mile. The current rate will show up in the Lyft app.

We're staying at the Dolphin for 3 nights in early Oct - 2 are on points with 1 cash. I'm finding what I believe is the Dolphin (4.3/5, Bonnet Creek, Resort, 2 Double Beds) on Hotwire for $40 cheaper then my reservation through Marriott.

If I go this route, does anyone know if I can ask the concierge to link the three reservations so we don't have to move rooms or since Hotwire is a 3rd party, that not an option?

Also, right now the rate is ~$240 (including resort fee) - any idea how that rates, ie - grab it or watch to see if it drops.

The busses can take a while during mid day. As far as the Minnie Vans go: at MK they can come right up to the park (I think same area as busses), and for AK I BELIEVE(not 100% positive) they can pick you up in the parking lot. A normal Uber/Lyft would need to go to the TTC at MK.

I just checked the Lyft app which I have never used. The lux black is $20 and the Minnie van is $30 from MK to the hotel.

The Lyft shows the pick up as the parking lot in MK. So that will add time from park to monorail and then to parking lot.

What’s the difference between economy and luxury it a bit cheaper. But not sure if they will take 2 adults and 2 kids.

I can't recall if this Marriott Pepsi only thing applies to the Swan Dolphin or if the Disney Coke everything wins the day. Regardless, I thought this was interesting.
https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/09/02/why-only-pepsi-products-at-marriott-and-legacy-starwood-hotels/
Interesting read, thanks for sharing. I am 99% sure the S/D is all Coke products since it's on WDW property. I can't recall seeing any Pepsi. The fight between Coke & Pepsi is kinda of funny to me. Growing up a friend was a Pepsi guy and I was a Coke guy, bad enough that we'd go to McDonald's to get Fries and Coke and then Burger King to get him a Pepsi and Burgers. It's a big business and the deals that either of them strike with the exclusivity clause are pretty convincing for many businesses. I've had the pleasure of learning about some of this from a friend that owns a Burger restaurant.

There was a question about Dr. Pepper and I'm still doubtful, but when I look at the photo below it sure looks like a Dr. Pepper logo. @KJTex But I don't see any Pepsi products.
IMG_3620-L.jpg

I booked the dolphin for 5 nights in November 2019 last December 2018 using points. Trying to link it to MDE and it isn't recognizing the reservation number. I'm copying it right from the Marriott bonvoy app. Do I need to call dolphin or Disney to get this sorted out?

I booked the dolphin for 5 nights in November 2019 last December 2018 using points. Trying to link it to MDE and it isn't recognizing the reservation number. I'm copying it right from the Marriott bonvoy app. Do I need to call dolphin or Disney to get this sorted out?
After all the issues S/D got wise can came up with this webpage to help guests.

You might but first does your confirmation number start with a letter or a leading zero? It it starts with either then just drop the first letter or leading zero.

Dave

Thanks. No leading letters or zeros.

After all the issues S/D got wise can came up with this webpage to help guests.

Thanks. I'm on mobile and that link is directing me to the main s/d site. I will take a look on my computer when I get home.

Thanks. I'm on mobile and that link is directing me to the main s/d site. I will take a look on my computer when I get home.
That's strange. To get to the page from the main S/D page go to the About Us then Special Disney Benefits, from there click on the "Click here to learn more about FastPass+" that is basic page, but then click on the "For even more FastPass+ tips, click here!" to get to the page I linked for you. Good luck!

I just checked the Lyft app which I have never used. The lux black is $20 and the Minnie van is $30 from MK to the hotel.

The Lyft shows the pick up as the parking lot in MK. So that will add time from park to monorail and then to parking lot.

What’s the difference between economy and luxury it a bit cheaper. But not sure if they will take 2 adults and 2 kids.
If you are interested in using Uber or Lyft (regular Lyft not Minnie van) from Magic Kingdom, you’re much better served to take the walking path over to the Contemporary Resort and pick up your ride from there rather than picking it up at the TTC (magic kingdom parking). No monorail or ferryboat necessary, though I guess you could ride the monorail if you would like!

Just be aware that Minnie Van would have at least 2 carseats for use. I think Lyft/Uber usually only has 1 guaranteed, may have 2 if that could be an issue for you. In Florida, kids over 5 don't require a seat.

That's strange. To get to the page from the main S/D page go to the About Us then Special Disney Benefits, from there click on the "Click here to learn more about FastPass+" that is basic page, but then click on the "For even more FastPass+ tips, click here!" to get to the page I linked for you. Good luck!

It loaded now when I clicked it. Who knows. Unfortunately, I'm already doing everything it says correctly. So I'm going to have to make a phone call to figure out what the issue is. Thanks for your help!

I think Lyft/Uber usually only has 1 guaranteed,
Do they guarantee car seats? For some reason on some other threads it sounds like both Uber & Lyft have moved away from providing car seats. I can understand due to the liability issue of installing them correctly.

Does the Dolphin have a food court area that has toasters and microwaves be used for food brought from room? TIA

I wonder why none in the Swan west wing. :confused3 And for the price of microwaves these days (even commercial grade), they should have one on each floor.
It is odd. I'm honestly more suprised they have any by the ice machines. A few Marriott properties I've stayed at have them out, and they seem abused by guests trying to cook some pretty gross smelling items. I think it was at a Courtyard that some women was fixing food for her 3 kids who were laying on the floor blocking the pop and ice machines. I'd say the food smelled like Curry something but maybe it was Curry Roadkill because the smell was disgusting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter