Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Is there any way to see upcoming scheduled conventions at the Swan? I am was reading earlier posts about pool closures during some conventions. Do all the pools close or just the main Grotto pool?

Tonight was supposed to be one night at the Dolphin booked through American Airlines vacations again. We had a last minute change in plans yesterday so I ended up booking last night too on AAA rate about 10mins before arriving. It was around noon, I checked in, they combined the reservations so we didnt have to check out and in today, I received points for my Platinum gift, and for making a green choice now that i have a "two" night stay. Upgraded to a resort view king again, 12th floor to the side of the fountain. I also got a pin for being Platinum that is exclusive to Swolphin. It's just a silver Mickey head but thought it was a cute touch. Oh, they did ask to see my AAA card at checkin

Random question for anyone there or anyone who may know this... does either the Swan or Dolphin sell hotel magnets in the gift shop?

I have a magnet collection of all the Disney hotels I’ve stayed in so I wanted to add Swolphin on if possible.

We stayed at the Swan end of may this year on a AAA rate of around $179 a night. I switched very last minute from Caribbean beach. It had been many years since we had stayed because every time i check the rate is so high. I would love to stay there again in February 2020. When i check right now the rate is $400 plus tax. Any tips on how/when to secure a nice rate like I had? Is it always going to be last minute?

We stayed at the Swan end of may this year on a AAA rate of around $179 a night. I switched very last minute from Caribbean beach. It had been many years since we had stayed because every time i check the rate is so high. I would love to stay there again in February 2020. When i check right now the rate is $400 plus tax. Any tips on how/when to secure a nice rate like I had? Is it always going to be last minute?
This may be a useful tool for you:
https://www.swandolphin.com/value-days/

Just booked our first ever stay at the Swan for October! Just spending two nights there while we visit for Food & Wine and Galaxy’s Edge before heading to Universal for Halloween Horror Nights. I am very excited to have found this thread, because we plan to take advantage of the EEMH for Galaxy’s Edge and being able to just walk from the Swan is absolutely amazing. We couldn’t afford one of the Disney properties in that area.

@PolyAddict I've been watching the prices for S/D for Feb 2020 since they were released, they have not gone down. There appears to be some type of large conference at the Dolphin. Rooms are running full price. The discounts will probably come when those rooms are released back to the hotel for booking, 60 days is generally a good rule of thumb. But the large conference I'm going to in July 17 just released rooms back on June 26th. I was able to move from the conference hotel to another right next door and save some $.

As much as I wanted to stay at S/D for our Feb 2020 trip I decided to book at POFQ as I just couldn't see paying $400-500 a night. With the increase in point values using my points there didn't make sense either. Time will tell if they are able to fill the rooms for the conference and/or Galaxy's Edge. If you can wait to see if prices drop you might be in a good position.

@PolyAddict I've been watching the prices for S/D for Feb 2020 since they were released, they have not gone down. There appears to be some type of large conference at the Dolphin. Rooms are running full price. The discounts will probably come when those rooms are released back to the hotel for booking, 60 days is generally a good rule of thumb. But the large conference I'm going to in July 17 just released rooms back on June 26th. I was able to move from the conference hotel to another right next door and save some $.

As much as I wanted to stay at S/D for our Feb 2020 trip I decided to book at POFQ as I just couldn't see paying $400-500 a night. With the increase in point values using my points there didn't make sense either. Time will tell if they are able to fill the rooms for the conference and/or Galaxy's Edge. If you can wait to see if prices drop you might be in a good position.
What dates in February?

@MarBee we're there Feb 8-16
Priceline Express Deals shows Swan (they don't tell you it is the Swan but from the fees and other clues you can tell it is) for $236 a night - total with taxes and fees would be $2432. The Dolphin is $225 a night total would be $2334. There is a code for Priceline on RetailMeNot for 8% discount.

My thinking is to go ahead and book Pop or CBR and just wait again like this last trip. I have an AP so I don’t need a package or anything. Thanks for the input.

I tried to book a reservation for the Swan resort and I can not include my children in the reservation. Is this an adult only resort?

What is the most efficient path to get from the swan to Epcot? BW or YC/BC?

Also any ideas when boats start? We will be doing EMM at HS

Great resource @Dan Murphy

I will add that the the crowd seems to follow the path through Boardwalk more, that and the uneven surface of the board walk leads us to take the YC/BC route.

Does anyone know what's going on at the Swan August 18-21? The "Value Days" link is showing that as sold out, and there are no reservations available at Dolphin for those dates either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter