Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I'll be staying in a King room in two weeks. Can anyone tell me how many outlets are on/near the nightstand? I use a Cpap, and I'd like to have my phone charger nearby too. I assume there will be at least two, but want to double check so I can bring an extension cord if I need to.

I recommend an ext cord. Sometimes outlets don’t work. And you may receive accommodations different from what you reserved. You wouldn’t want to turn down an upgrade to an alcove because the power outlet configuration didn’t meet your requirements! Gold star for your thinking ahead.

Me and my husband are going on a much overdue adult only trip in September. Have four nights at the Swan to enjoy Food and Wine Festival. We are flying in and always used Magical Express before, since that isn’t an option this time what do you guys recommend as the best way to get to and from the airport? Looking for options that aren’t too expensive but yet also provide a comfortable ride.
Depending on the rate you are eligible for, a one way Alamo or National rental from/to MCO to/from the Dolphin Alamo/National location can make sense.

I recommend an ext cord. Sometimes outlets don’t work. And you may receive accommodations different from what you reserved. You wouldn’t want to turn down an upgrade to an alcove because the power outlet configuration didn’t meet your requirements! Gold star for your thinking ahead.

Thanks for the great advice!

Quick question, I have a double bed Dolphin room book Sun Sep 23 to 29 on AAA rate. Then added the Fri and Sat before on Priceline deal for Dolphin- picked the double bed room. What’s the odds that I can stay in the initial room for the second reservation or would I have to switch rooms on Sunday?

Quick question, I have a double bed Dolphin room book Sun Sep 23 to 29 on AAA rate. Then added the Fri and Sat before on Priceline deal for Dolphin- picked the double bed room. What’s the odds that I can stay in the initial room for the second reservation or would I have to switch rooms on Sunday?

I would imagine that a call to The Dolphin and having the reservations linked would increase the likelihood of remaining in the same room throughout. It has worked for others in the past. :thumbsup2

I would imagine that a call to The Dolphin and having the reservations linked would increase the likelihood of remaining in the same room throughout. It has worked for others in the past. :thumbsup2
Linked in the hotel’s system or MDE ?

Linked in the hotel’s system or MDE ?

Within the hotel's system by calling The Dolphin directly, providing both reservation numbers and have them link the two. I would assume you have already linked in MDE since you are so close to the date of your arrival.

I promise I searched my heart out for this info and couldn't find it. Can someone please direct me to the floorplan for the Alcove Deluxe Suite at The Dolphin and maybe some room pics? The room is booked but I'm just not sure it will work for the 6 of us. Would like to see if it's going to be too tight. Also is there such a thing as upgrading to concierge level?? I know nothing about this property. Thanks for your help.

I promise I searched my heart out for this info and couldn't find it. Can someone please direct me to the floorplan for the Alcove Deluxe Suite at The Dolphin and maybe some room pics? The room is booked but I'm just not sure it will work for the 6 of us. Would like to see if it's going to be too tight. Also is there such a thing as upgrading to concierge level?? I know nothing about this property. Thanks for your help.

We got back a couple weeks ago and had two Alcove Suites. I have a post a few pages back describing it - but here's a short version:

First - I NEVER got a good feel for what it was until we got there. It was alternatively called by several different names.
Second - this MAY not be what you have - but with 6 people it could be -

We had two rooms that we were told were connecting. Actually, they were across the hall from each other - but there was a third door that shut off the "alcove" from the hallway - creating a really nice feel for us (except we had to prop the doors open.

One room was like a one room suite with two double beds and a sofa sleeper. Very comfortable. The other was a larger than normal room with a king bed ans a sofa sleeper.

The views were spectacular. One side we saw the fireworks and lasers from Illuminations. And the fireworks from two showings of Fantasmic and the Star Wars fireworks. Plus a great view of the BW etc. On the other side we could see MK in the distance and the fireworks at night. I don't recall what floor. we were on - I think 18 or 19.

I wish I had taken pictures.

Now - again I don't know if that's what you're getting. I will say that neither room by itself would be comfortable for 6 people. And it's very possible they have different configurations of Alcove rooms - I will say I'm disappointed that the Dolphin doesn't describe them well. I know there are links to floor plans and pictures - trust me, I've seen every one and NONE of them match the configuration we had.

I hope that helps. But let me finish by saying that I was somewhat concerned about what it actually would be, and I was incredibly surprised and impressed once we got there. The reservationist actually suggested this (we had TWO sets of them at opposite ends of the hall for the many people in our party in total). We were looking for four rooms close together at the Swan - this was MUCH better and cheaper as well.

Can anyone tell me how many outlets are on/near the nightstand? I use a Cpap, and I'd like to have my phone charger nearby too. I assume there will be at least two, but want to double check so I can bring an extension cord if I need to.

Same with me (cpap). I brought a mini surge protector that also had two USB connections. Plugged it into the outlet on the lamp on the night stand. It was a bit ugly looking but worked out great.

We got back a couple weeks ago and had two Alcove Suites. I have a post a few pages back describing it - but here's a short version:

First - I NEVER got a good feel for what it was until we got there. It was alternatively called by several different names.
Second - this MAY not be what you have - but with 6 people it could be -

We had two rooms that we were told were connecting. Actually, they were across the hall from each other - but there was a third door that shut off the "alcove" from the hallway - creating a really nice feel for us (except we had to prop the doors open.

One room was like a one room suite with two double beds and a sofa sleeper. Very comfortable. The other was a larger than normal room with a king bed ans a sofa sleeper.

The views were spectacular. One side we saw the fireworks and lasers from Illuminations. And the fireworks from two showings of Fantasmic and the Star Wars fireworks. Plus a great view of the BW etc. On the other side we could see MK in the distance and the fireworks at night. I don't recall what floor. we were on - I think 18 or 19.

I wish I had taken pictures.

Now - again I don't know if that's what you're getting. I will say that neither room by itself would be comfortable for 6 people. And it's very possible they have different configurations of Alcove rooms - I will say I'm disappointed that the Dolphin doesn't describe them well. I know there are links to floor plans and pictures - trust me, I've seen every one and NONE of them match the configuration we had.

I hope that helps. But let me finish by saying that I was somewhat concerned about what it actually would be, and I was incredibly surprised and impressed once we got there. The reservationist actually suggested this (we had TWO sets of them at opposite ends of the hall for the many people in our party in total). We were looking for four rooms close together at the Swan - this was MUCH better and cheaper as well.
Thank you so much this is very helpful! I love the location but am nervous about the room itself. I'm an over planner (aren't we all on here) and not seeing the actual floor plan is driving me crazy LOL!

not seeing the actual floor plan is driving me crazy LOL!

Believe me, I resemble that remark! When are you going? Like I said, I wished I had taken pictures of the rooms (have several of the views). So when you get there - remember to do that. Then I can let you know if it's what we had.

I have this strange feeling that the setup is different on different floors and there is no one standard setup. For us, we had two sets of these on opposite ends - and the two sets weren't even the same regarding furniture and the layout of it (desks, chairs, dressers). But the beds were the same (two doubles in the larger of the two room and sleeper / king and sleeper in the other. But I was told at least one time inquiring that both rooms had kings and a sofa sleeper. So maybe on some floors they do.

Have a great trip!

Within the hotel's system by calling The Dolphin directly, providing both reservation numbers and have them link the two. I would assume you have already linked in MDE since you are so close to the date of your arrival.
Thanks so much. Called got the 2 reservations linked. Some how I booked an accessible room for my longer stay so the lady had to switch that one over to a regular room.

Thank you so much this is very helpful! I love the location but am nervous about the room itself. I'm an over planner (aren't we all on here) and not seeing the actual floor plan is driving me crazy LOL!
A couple links that are helpful.
https://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/dolphin_deluxe_family_room.html
Scroll down to the bottom for floorplans.
Also the link below has 360 degree views of most of the room types.
http://www.iceportal.com/brochures/ice/Brochure.aspx?did=2358&brochureid=ICE62246&type=vr&design=5

Believe me, I resemble that remark! When are you going? Like I said, I wished I had taken pictures of the rooms (have several of the views). So when you get there - remember to do that. Then I can let you know if it's what we had.

I have this strange feeling that the setup is different on different floors and there is no one standard setup. For us, we had two sets of these on opposite ends - and the two sets weren't even the same regarding furniture and the layout of it (desks, chairs, dressers). But the beds were the same (two doubles in the larger of the two room and sleeper / king and sleeper in the other. But I was told at least one time inquiring that both rooms had kings and a sofa sleeper. So maybe on some floors they do.

Have a great trip!
We are going Jan. 5-9 while my son is home from the Middle East so it's a special trip. I think you are right about the rooms which would explain why a floor plan is hard to find.

Have a great trip!

A couple links that are helpful.
https://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/dolphin_deluxe_family_room.html
Scroll down to the bottom for floorplans.
Also the link below has 360 degree views of most of the room types.
http://www.iceportal.com/brochures/ice/Brochure.aspx?did=2358&brochureid=ICE62246&type=vr&design=5

Yes, definitely check out the 360 view because what ww52 described is not similar to what we got in April. And, actually, we were given a different room type than what we booked (and the rep on the phone when we called down argued with me and told me the room type we booked "didn't exist" - we had booked a two doubles deluxe alcove, for what it's worth. They put us in a King deluxe alcove and told us they could not move us to a double deluxe alcove and offered us a roll away. Um. No. We ended up with resort credit)

Our room looked a lot like the one in the 360 link, here's a screen grab:

1puC5Pa.jpg

Except it was configured the other way around. We also had a connecting room, it was a real connecting room that connected at the corners of the two rooms. We had a lovely resort view of the Boardwalk. Basically the Deluxe Alcove room was just extra long, allowing for the sofa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter