Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Question for you Hotwire experts- I fear I have waited too long. My $75/night disappeared. :(
Now there is a 4 star hotel in bonnet creek area with 5500 TripAdvisor reviews, 90%recommended (309 reviews). There is a $32 fee. Is this Dolphin? (Or even Swan?)
It’s $91/night in August.
I know I can just book one night and double check, but I’m being cheap and don’t want to drop $91 on a hotel I won’t stay at. (Looking to stay in Boardwalk area only as there are a bunch of family members gathering there for this trip.)
Thanks in advance for any help!

I was finally ready to pull the trigger and book my Hotwire Swan reservation, got sidetracked with the kids coming home and going to soccer practice, and then the deal was gone. Every combination of dates I was considering and was available for the last two days disappared for Swan and Dolphin. I am so disappointed!

Swalphin pros: how unusual was this offer? What's the likelihood it will come back? We hope to travel in late November/early Dec. Now, I can't come up with any dates at all that produce swan or dolphin--deal must have run out.

Last edited:
IMHO the teacher rates really are no big deal. We found better rates through AAA and CostcoTravel, but right now the current deal with Hotwire has been amazing of course that's for September when kids to back to school and so do teachers. My wife is a teacher too so major holidays are the only times that work, but she doesn't want to fight those crowds or heat either.
I agree that the teacher rates are not the lowest possible rates but much better than rack rate!

The Hotwire Hot rate big discounts for the Swan / Dolphin were for dates in Aug, Sept, Nov (even around Thanksgiving week), and Dec until the 19th. However as the word has spread and all the DIS users started grabbing these great deals, the availability has really dropped. These great deals don't last long once the word gets out to the masses.

Dave

IMHO the teacher rates really are no big deal. We found better rates through AAA and CostcoTravel, but right now the current deal with Hotwire has been amazing of course that's for September when kids to back to school and so do teachers. My wife is a teacher too so major holidays are the only times that work, but she doesn't want to fight those crowds or heat either.

Thanks for the information SteveH. I am trying all avenues due to apparently missing out on the terrific Hotwire rates. I will keep checking back. You are right that the AAA rate was about $10 less than the teacher rate. However, I love the link that Dave provided above because I can see many rates and points options from it. I am going to check Costco next. Although I have been a member for years, I always forget to check them for travel.I work at a year round school so I am off at various times throughout the year.

Every time I’ve sampled the teacher rate, it’s actually HIGHER than the daily rate on the SPG site.

I was finally ready to pull the trigger and book my Hotwire Swan reservation, got sidetracked with the kids coming home and going to soccer practice, and then the deal was gone. Every combination of dates I was considering and was available for the last two days disappared for Swan and Dolphin. I am so disappointed!

Swalphin pros: how unusual was this offer? What's the likelihood it will come back? We hope to travel in late November/early Dec. Now, I can't come up with any dates at all that produce swan or dolphin--deal must have run out.
I’m in the same boat as well! Went to get it today and I was too late. I’ve never used Hotwire, Priceline, etc before so I’m hoping this kind of sale here (or any other on site Disney hotel) is a regular occurrence. Fingers crossed!

Does anyone know if an extended stay at the Swan/Dolphin allows for ADRs to be booked at 180 plus length of stay? Or is that an on-site hotel perk only?

No you can't make 180 + 10 ADRs at the Swan & Dolphin. Like any off-site guest, you may begin to make ADRs 180 days before you day of arrival and then 1 day at a time after that. The same limitation applies to the Shades of Green Resort and the Disney Springs area Hotels.

Dave

No you can't make 180 + 10 ADRs at the Swan & Dolphin. Like any off-site guest, you may begin to make ADRs 180 days before you day of arrival and then 1 day at a time after that. The same limitation applies to the Shades of Green Resort and the Disney Springs area Hotels.

Dave
I will say, though, that it has always worked for me to get 180+10 here. I know it’s not guaranteed but it happens often enough. Hopefully it works for you :)

Anyone had luck booking the alcove rooms on points lately (either Swan or Dolphin)?? I've never been able to do this but I've heard ramblings that others have done this. I've only had luck getting a balcony for an extra 1,000 points per night. I'd LOVE to be able to get the Alcove to more space to spread out. But then I know most don't have a balcony, but I guess that's a trade off. I like having the separate space (outside).

Anyone had luck booking the alcove rooms on points lately (either Swan or Dolphin)?? I've never been able to do this but I've heard ramblings that others have done this. I've only had luck getting a balcony for an extra 1,000 points per night. I'd LOVE to be able to get the Alcove to more space to spread out. But then I know most don't have a balcony, but I guess that's a trade off. I like having the separate space (outside).
I'm fuzzy on the details because our Alcove room at Dolphin is connected to a standard double room. I know I originally had two standard double rooms, connecting, originally booked at the balcony level, all on points. Then, I was able to turn the reservation into one alcove room, still connecting to a double room, and then paid a $90/night upcharge fee. However, it then was only charged one daily resort fee.

I'm fuzzy on the details because our Alcove room at Dolphin is connected to a standard double room. I know I originally had two standard double rooms, connecting, originally booked at the balcony level, all on points. Then, I was able to turn the reservation into one alcove room, still connecting to a double room, and then paid a $90/night upcharge fee. However, it then was only charged one daily resort fee.
So does 5th night free mean for 5 nights $90/night charge would be $90*4, not $90 *5?

I have a balcony alcove at the Swan for the end of November booked on points. When booking, I was told I had a choice between with or without balcony but that they both were the same amount of points. I hope that doesn’t mean the one with balcony is lesser in some other aspect to offset, but it seemed a no-brainer to choose balcony. We then paid cash at senior rate for a two queen and requested connecting. We’ve always been granted the connecting request before.

The thing I’ve been confused about is reading here where people pay a $90/night upcharge for two connecting rooms. Do I need to call and do that to meet the requirements to qualify for the club level fastpasses? Otherwise I assume the two people in the queen room wouldn’t qualify. And then that would guarantee the connecting, too?

I have a balcony alcove at the Swan for the end of November booked on points. When booking, I was told I had a choice between with or without balcony but that they both were the same amount of points. I hope that doesn’t mean the one with balcony is lesser in some other aspect to offset, but it seemed a no-brainer to choose balcony. We then paid cash at senior rate for a two queen and requested connecting. We’ve always been granted the connecting request before.

The thing I’ve been confused about is reading here where people pay a $90/night upcharge for two connecting rooms. Do I need to call and do that to meet the requirements to qualify for the club level fastpasses? Otherwise I assume the two people in the queen room wouldn’t qualify. And then that would guarantee the connecting, too?
I'm a bit confused as I'm writing this, but:

I think we are specifically paying the $90/night upcharge fee because we booked both connecting rooms on points. I honestly don't which part of my reservation is qualifying us for the CL FPs, but I forwarded my reservation number to DSS and they confirmed that we qualified and told me my booking date.

I think we are specifically paying the $90/night upcharge fee because we booked both connecting rooms on points. I honestly don't which part of my reservation is qualifying us for the CL FPs, but I forwarded my reservation number to DSS and they confirmed that we qualified and told me my booking date.

You have just one reservation number for both rooms? I have two - one for each room. And that’s the part that tells me the two people in the queen room won’t be qualified for the CL FPs. So I guess my real question is did I understand previous conversations here correctly that I can call Swan and have the two rooms classified as a suite?

You have just one reservation number for both rooms? I have two - one for each room. And that’s the part that tells me the two people in the queen room won’t be qualified for the CL FPs. So I guess my real question is did I understand previous conversations here correctly that I can call Swan and have the two rooms classified as a suite?
It's a good question. I do have two reservation numbers as well. When I called to ask Dolphin why there were two reservation numbers, yet it was considered one booking with one resort fee, they told me it had to do with SPG award points. Both reservation numbers show 2 adults, 2 kids. I'm not sure what DSS sees on their end, but I'm hoping that since my reservation shows 4 people, we will all be fine for the CL FPs.

Reactions: CJN

The way Im understanding.. and someone correct me if I'm wrong. The $90 is not for two connecting rooms. The $90 upcharge is for an alcove room over a standard room since you're booking on points. CJN, what was your points rate for the alcove room? Everytime I've booked on points the only upgrade available was the resort view balcony for an extra 1,000 points. I've inquired about cash upgrades but said there were none. I was offered to upgrade to a suite (it might have been the premium studio, not sure, but it was definitely NOT an alcove room)but they said it was the equivalent of 2x the amount of points of a standard room.

The way Im understanding.. and someone correct me if I'm wrong. The $90 is not for two connecting rooms. The $90 upcharge is for an alcove room over a standard room since you're booking on points. CJN, what was your points rate for the alcove room? Everytime I've booked on points the only upgrade available was the resort view balcony for an extra 1,000 points. I've inquired about cash upgrades but said there were none. I was offered to upgrade to a suite (it might have been the premium studio, not sure, but it was definitely NOT an alcove room)but they said it was the equivalent of 2x the amount of points of a standard room.

It was 14500 points/night for king alcove resort view with balcony. When I booked I was told the balcony was the same price as without.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter