Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We are arriving 2/28 for 6 nights in a dolphin resort view balcony room. How hard would it be to book another room in this category to connect to ours?
You could call but they are sold out at least midweek. We originally booked 2/28-3/4 and couldn’t add a day because they were fully booked.

Where can I get a good rate online? Everywhere I look its the same price as the dolphin web site iteself, I wanted to book two days in sept for right before our VGF/VPOLY stay

Curious what type (if any) upgrades are typical with your SPG Gold Status at the S/D? Anyone have an experience? We often travel with my mom (so sometimes we're 5 in a room) so any extra space would be delightful :)

Curious what type (if any) upgrades are typical with your SPG Gold Status at the S/D? Anyone have an experience? We often travel with my mom (so sometimes we're 5 in a room) so any extra space would be delightful :)
I was upgraded from standard room to resort view, I then was offered half off any further upgrades.

I was upgraded from standard room to resort view, I then was offered half off any further upgrades.
From what I understand, it really depends on availability. We really wanted a resort view balcony room at The Swan, and from my reading here I got the sense we were really rolling the dice to depend on an upgrade. So, I paid a few points to guarantee a resort view balcony room. There are people on this board who are Platinum and not received an upgrade at certain times.

We are headed to the Swan on Saturday for six night, so I will make a note to report back on any upgrade when I do a report here of our resort experience.

From what I understand, it really depends on availability. We really wanted a resort view balcony room at The Swan, and from my reading here I got the sense we were really rolling the dice to depend on an upgrade. So, I paid a few points to guarantee a resort view balcony room. There are people on this board who are Platinum and not received an upgrade at certain times.

We are headed to the Swan on Saturday for six night, so I will make a note to report back on any upgrade when I do a report here of our resort experience.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Thanks for the reply. Hope you enjoy your trip!

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Thanks for the reply. Hope you enjoy your trip!
FWIW We will be at Dolphin later this week and I think they are fully booked. I don’t expect an upgrade. I’ve already received an email from Dolphin saying they are very busy and don’t expect any rooms available for early check-in. Our last stay I think we received an upgrade (but we were not told that) because we could see both fireworks at Epcot and Tower of Terror from our room.

FWIW We will be at Dolphin later this week and I think they are fully booked. I don’t expect an upgrade. I’ve already received an email from Dolphin saying they are very busy and don’t expect any rooms available for early check-in. Our last stay I think we received an upgrade (but we were not told that) because we could see both fireworks at Epcot and Tower of Terror from our room.

I know that email :) I've gotten it all 3 times we've stayed. Starting to wonder if it's an automated email that always goes out. Enjoy your trip too!

Where can I get a good rate online? Everywhere I look its the same price as the dolphin web site iteself, I wanted to book two days in sept for right before our VGF/VPOLY stay

Check LMT Club (there is a "fee" to join the website which you should be able to find a promo on the web to make free - I did this in 2014 and am still a member and have never been charged a membership fee). That is the only website where I usually find exceptionally better deals than direct.

I also sometimes book with Orbitz if the Swolphin is promo code eligible. Both Swan and Dolphin are sometimes on Priceline blind deals but you need to do your research to be sure of what you're getting.

Hope you guys all enjoy your trips. Wish I was there. :beach:
Thanks, Dan! We can’t contain the excitement here in our house this week. Though the crisis du jour is that DD7 is wanting more AK time (she’s an animal/nature lover) so I’m seeing what I can do to “borrow” time I had slated for Epcot and MK. All my advance planning, and I’m having to change a lot around at the last minute. Sheesh.

I am an SPG Gold member and I have always found the best rates for the Dolphin at the Swan and Dolphin website.

I'm jealous. I love staying there when I visit the Mouse.

We received an upgrade to a theme park view balcony room when we had booked a standard room back in Dec. 2015. I don't think the hotel was full at the time and we arrived pretty late and were staying for only 2 nights before we were moving to the BWI. We stood in line for nearly a half an hour waiting to be checked in by the one poor woman doing the late night check ins. We only had one couple in front of us but they were asking every question under the sun about the parks and tickets and were to eat in the morning and on and on!! The CM was being very patient and when they finally moved on she was very apologetic to us. I told her we knew it wasn't her fault and she asked us to wait just a minute more and went "out back" for a moment and returned to tell us she had upgraded us. Very nice surprise, and the room was wonderful.

I know that email :) I've gotten it all 3 times we've stayed. Starting to wonder if it's an automated email that always goes out. Enjoy your trip too!
We didn’t get it last time but it wasn’t super busy when we were there in the fall.

All my advance planning, and I’m having to change a lot around at the last minute. Sheesh.
Reminds me of the time DS said he didn’t want to meet any characters during our visit. Ok, no ADRs, no FPS. Until we get there and he spies Daisy. Then suddenly he has a bucket list of characters he ‘must’ meet. Just went with it.

When you are on the SPG site be sure to click the change rates button and try the Automobile Association rate too, they usually knock a few dollars off. Costco is worth a try, I found the rates comparable but with extras (upgrades) at the rack room rates. Some Disney sites offer "discounts" but I never found any. It maybe tough to find discount rates if the hotel is at a peak while you are there.

They do not have a breakfast perk. I also have SPG Business. We are supposed to get a free room upgrade if available. When I stayed, they tried to sell me an upgraded/renovated room for $40 per night. I declined. I contacted SPG to see if I should have gotten that room as an upgrade and according to them I should have gotten the upgrade. Seems some of the help at the counter do not know all of the benefits for the SPG Business card holders.
So is holding the SPG biz card the same 'perk' (maybe) as gold status? i.e. upgrade room if available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter