• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Well we are back home so here are my final thoughts. I forgot to add that when our luggage was first delivered to the room we not only got our own luggage but also we got someone elses suitcase. Dh told the young man it was not ours. I do think the bell services seems like there are more young men added and it seemed overwhelmed at times in the lobby. I find it worriiesome that the employee could not look at the tag and see how may bags were checked versus how many were delivered. I cringe to think what the luggage room looks like. Yes I have seen it a few times.

Don't get a room on the second floor unless you mind waiting at busy times for the elevator. They were also fixing one of the elevators twice when we were there. It kind of creeped me out because my next door neighbor was an elevator repairman who died in an accident.

Is chocolate santa made fresh each year? He looks exactly the same to me.

I feel its getting harder to get a room with all the conferences between the two resorts. I had to book the available dates which were after the baseball meetings versus the dates I really wanted. I still think the hotels are in a great location and a great option to save money over the YC/BC.

Hi I have a few Dolphin questions!

We are staying in a family suite, and traveling back to WDW in February, so I will likely update to AP while we are there.

If we do AP, will parking be free at Dolphin?

Does Minnie Van operate from Dolphin?

Anything worth sharing about the family alcove rooms you could share? Traveling with a 4 yo and 10 month old.

Thanks!

For a full day, none that I am aware of. For a quick in and out, the circle drive is fine, or if eating at one of the signature restaurants, complimentary parking for several hours.
Is parking still available for visitors behind the gas station near Boardwalk? I know there was a parking lot there but it's been a few years since I walked thru there

I always thought that was self parking for BW, with valet on the BW side of the street. Maybe not?
It had been occasionally used for self park but the regular self park is on the BW side of the street. IIRC, all guest parking was on BW side when I was there last New Years Eve. In any case, it's gated.

Question.... we'll be staying at dolphin in spring, but a family member would like to drive over and visit during the day, is there a place to park nearby(just during day) they don't have to pay? Not trying to skirt rules, but it seems crazy to pay for parking for a day visit with family....

Also just in case you didn't know, if you are already paying for parking for your room you can park multiple vehicles for the same daily rate. We told them once that we had two cars and they told us we had unlimited in and out privileges for as many vehicles as we'd brought for the one nightly parking rate. So if you're already paying for parking your vehicle, either have an extra key made for your family member driver or ride with them with your key out as they exit to swipe your room key.

Also just in case you didn't know, if you are already paying for parking for your room you can park multiple vehicles for the same daily rate. We told them once that we had two cars and they told us we had unlimited in and out privileges for as many vehicles as we'd brought for the one nightly parking rate. So if you're already paying for parking your vehicle, either have an extra key made for your family member driver or ride with them with your key out as they exit to swipe your room key.
awesome! thanks for the info!

Well that's a plus. Thanks for that news.

Can a Dolphin guest get a Minnie van at BW or BC?

We are holding off booking Dolphin until we have enough SPG points. That should be around early January to book for the last weekend in April. Do you think we will be OK?

We stayed one night at the Dolphin on the 14th. We were sad to leave the next day for Pop :) I booked through the Chase portal with points, which comes up as Expedia. The girl checking us in asked if we were SPG members and looked us up, then upgraded us to a resort view on the 18th floor, which I wasn't expecting since we were only there for the night and it was 10pm when we were checking in. The only mishap we had was she wrote the wrong room number down, so we thought the keys didn't work. But a quick trip back down got it straightened out. I thought I had read on this thread that the resort fee was going up to $32ish? I was charged the normal $28ish for my one night, so I was just curious.

Can't wait to spend our whole trip there in January! 33 days!

We stayed one night at the Dolphin on the 14th. We were sad to leave the next day for Pop :) I booked through the Chase portal with points, which comes up as Expedia. The girl checking us in asked if we were SPG members and looked us up, then upgraded us to a resort view on the 18th floor, which I wasn't expecting since we were only there for the night and it was 10pm when we were checking in. The only mishap we had was she wrote the wrong room number down, so we thought the keys didn't work. But a quick trip back down got it straightened out. I thought I had read on this thread that the resort fee was going up to $32ish? I was charged the normal $28ish for my one night, so I was just curious.

Can't wait to spend our whole trip there in January! 33 days!
Dang. I figured b/c I used the chase portal for my last stay I was given the 'eye' and the lesser room..... probably just the person I was dealing with I guess. It's the 28-ish plus taxes which bring the price up.

We are holding off booking Dolphin until we have enough SPG points. That should be around early January to book for the last weekend in April. Do you think we will be OK?
check the spg site..... and cross your fingers. I know it's pretty booked up on various dates already.

As of a week ago, it is available at all the Disney deluxe resorts and DVC resorts. But you have to be staying at one of those resorts to get the Disney portion of the Lyft app activated. Maybe by April, one never knows.

I thought I had read on this thread that the resort fee was going up to $32ish?
I read that here also. S/D website still shows $28 plus tax now.

https://swandolphin.com/feedback/reserve.html

As of a week ago, it is available at all the Disney deluxe resorts and DVC resorts. But you have to be staying at one of those resorts to get the Disney portion of the Lyft app activated. Maybe by April, one never knows.

I read that here also. S/D website still shows $28 plus tax now.

https://swandolphin.com/feedback/reserve.html
Thanks. Not that big of a deal since April is just DH and I and we aren't going to MK so we will Uber. November is with the kids so we'd like a Minnie Van that trip.

IS there a way to know ahead of time which rooms on which floors are optimal? Are some larger than others,or am I imagining things?
???/ Or is luck of the draw as far as room size and configuration,once you get past the general categories?

Hiya,

Just wondering if Hotel Slippers are supplied in the Room at the Swan?

Thanks for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter