Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I have always just walked up, but if they take reservations, might be a good idea.

This is our anniversary trip without the kids and we are trying to not have many ADR's so that we can relax more without a schedule. I just wondered since it is near the end of August and also being around 8:30 when most people are already heading to the parks, if we can just walk up and get seated. We wouldn't mind waiting a bit.

This is our anniversary trip without the kids and we are trying to not have many ADR's so that we can relax more without a schedule. I just wondered since it is near the end of August and also being around 8:30 when most people are already heading to the parks, if we can just walk up and get seated. We wouldn't mind waiting a bit.
You should be fine. And an early Happy Anniversary!!

Reserved my next vacation over President's Day weekend in Feb. I was disappointed that after the renovation, there are no king Murphy beds in the parlor of the executive suites at the Dolphin, just a pull out couch. Currently, the layout of the exec suites are the same in the Swan and Dolphin.

Just an FYI.

edited to add: I reserved 2 rooms on points, and I was able to upgrade to a 2 bdr. Grand Suite for $240/night, which adds the parlor area. Regular executive suites remains at $200/night

Well that stinks! We're going to WDW next Tuesday, but staying in two rooms at the POP Century. We would have stayed in Executive Suites, but because of the renovations we couldn't get one for 7 days. This will be my third stay at Disney, but my first one not in an Executive Suite (2011 & 2013). Don't have much to compare it to, but I'd think they are probably one of the best deals at WDW.

Do you know what they are replacing the King bed. That's always been my bed, and I loved it, along with a room to myself :thumbsup2 [Nevermind, just looked it up. Looks like they're designing it more as a conference/meeting room]

If you don't mind me asking, how did you end up getting one for $200? That's an incredible price! I thought that ours was an incredible deal at $309 a night in 2011!

Well that stinks! We're going to WDW next Tuesday, but staying in two rooms at the POP Century. We would have stayed in Executive Suites, but because of the renovations we couldn't get one for 7 days. This will be my third stay at Disney, but my first one not in an Executive Suite (2011 & 2013). Don't have much to compare it to, but I'd think they are probably one of the best deals at WDW.

Do you know what they are replacing the King bed. That's always been my bed, and I loved it, along with a room to myself :thumbsup2 [Nevermind, just looked it up. Looks like they're designing it more as a conference/meeting room]

If you don't mind me asking, how did you end up getting one for $200? That's an incredible price! I thought that ours was an incredible deal at $309 a night in 2011!

Sorry about the confusion. I reserved 2 regular rooms with Starpoints. The $200/night is just for the "parlor" portion.

You should be fine. And an early Happy Anniversary!!
Thank you! I miss the good old days when you could make an ADR and be able to cancel a last minute if you can't make it (although I completely understand the reason for the change). We are arriving late at night the night before and don't want to feel pressured into getting up early (although I can't remember the last time we slept later than 7:30 a.m. no matter what time we go to bed) but we've really been wanting to try this restaurant for breakfast. Usually, when we have the kids with us, we eat breakfast in the room most days so that we can hit the parks early. This trip is more about relaxing without a time schedule (only going to a theme park one day of trip).

What was the latest time in the day your guest room was cleaned by Housekeeping? If you came back to the room during the afternoon or evening to discover that it was not cleaned, did you complain? If so, did Housekeeping then come to clean your room and replenish bath linens and toiletries?

Was the problem at the Swan or Dolphin?

Thank you! I miss the good old days when you could make an ADR and be able to cancel a last minute if you can't make it (although I completely understand the reason for the change). We are arriving late at night the night before and don't want to feel pressured into getting up early (although I can't remember the last time we slept later than 7:30 a.m. no matter what time we go to bed) but we've really been wanting to try this restaurant for breakfast. Usually, when we have the kids with us, we eat breakfast in the room most days so that we can hit the parks early. This trip is more about relaxing without a time schedule (only going to a theme park one day of trip).
To my knowledge, there is no monetary hold charge for a S/D dining reservation like there is at the other Disney sitdowns.

What was the latest time in the day your guest room was cleaned by Housekeeping? If you came back to the room during the afternoon or evening to discover that it was not cleaned, did you complain? If so, did Housekeeping then come to clean your room and replenish bath linens and toiletries?

Was the problem at the Swan or Dolphin?
Out of all my stays, only once, when we returned to the room around 3 PM, was the room not done. Housekeeping does work until around 4 PM or so, so I understand somebody has to be 'last'. They were in the hallway, a few rooms from us, and asked if we wanted it done right then. We said no, we were leaving in 30 minutes or so. No complaints from us. When we came back around 6 PM, all was complete. It was at the Swan.

Just skip the Disney ADR system and call the restaurant directly to make a reservation. There's no penalty that way.

Just skip the Disney ADR system and call the restaurant directly to make a reservation. There's no penalty that way.
Yes. Any time I have made a S/D dining reservation (signatures only), I have called to the S/D phones, never Disney.

We are wanting to try Fresh Med. Market on our upcoming anniversary trip in August. Do you think we will need reservations for say around 8:30 - 9:00 a.m. or will we be able to walk up and wait for a table?

I booked a reservation through Open Table for the Garden Grove. None of the ADR craziness that way.

Staying at the Dolphin from 8/2 - 8/7 in a two room executive suite.

What exactly is under construction? Just the lobby?

They told me on the phone when I made the reservations that all of the rooms had been refurbed already.......

Out of all my stays, only once, when we returned to the room around 3 PM, was the room not done. Housekeeping does work until around 4 PM or so, so I understand somebody has to be 'last'. They were in the hallway, a few rooms from us, and asked if we wanted it done right then. We said no, we were leaving in 30 minutes or so. No complaints from us. When we came back around 6 PM, all was complete. It was at the Swan.

During a recent stay at the Swan, we returned to room at about 4:15 PM, only to discover that the room was not touched, even though the room was vacated by 8:00 AM, and no privacy sign was hung on the door. There was a Housekeeping crew nearby in the hall, talking with a supervisor. The supervisor said she could send somebody to make up the room, then, if we'd like. We said the room would be available, instead, at 6:30 PM, and the supervisor put a note in her tablet and promised to send Housekeeping at 6:30 to make up the room.

Returning to the room at about 9:20 that night, we discovered the room was not touched.

The problem was reported down at the Front Desk, who apologized, and said at that hour, there was an extremely small Housekeeping presence. We were offered towels and toiletries, if needed.

There was another service issue - the phone was not properly working, though there was a live line. The problem was reported to the Concierge in the lobby, who said Maintenance would fix it the following day. The Concierge was asked to enter a wake-up call for the room, as that was a non-working function on the phone. There was no wake-up call in the morning, and Maintenance never came to fix the phone. The Housekeeping supervisor, however, pulled the bed back and discovered that a housekeeper pulled the plug out, when vacuuming. She said it happens frequently.

Very poor service! After staying here for many years, and having an ant problem in the room, earlier in the year, I am not impressed. I have heard SPG Platinums complain about fees, etc.; as a lowly SPG Gold member, I am just expecting to receive normal service, expected by all guests.

Great! I just called and made a reservation with the Dolphin directly. Thank you!

We always eat there the last day of our trip, whether we are staying at Swan/Dolphin or not we like it so much. We just walk up, normally around 8 or 8:30. We do have to wait but not ever for long. As far as other ADRs for Disney restaurants, we never make them in advance, just day of while walking around and have never had any problems finding somewhere to eat so don't worry about not having them, enjoy.

newbie hear! So it is funny, i have been going to Disney for years and up until recently I only realized that they were operated by Starwood.. Where have I been.

That being said, we are headed down next April 2018 for the half Marathon weekend ( and I might try to swing a long weekend in October 2017) and I was curious when the best time to book. Can someone offer guidance on the price structure with these places? What are the tricks with getting a good price? I am also toying with the idea of renting DVC as well.

So, I just called the swan to put a roll away bed on our reservation & was told queen-queen beds can not do this????? The last time i stayed, I had a roll away bed n a queen-queen room, it was a renovated room too. So, what is it? Has anyone stayed at the SWAN and had a roll away like I did? Did I just get someone upon check in who didn't care about the rule? My kids will not sleep together...And the dolphin is booked for our dates....

So, I just called the swan to put a roll away bed on our reservation & was told queen-queen beds can not do this????? The last time i stayed, I had a roll away bed n a queen-queen room, it was a renovated room too. So, what is it? Has anyone stayed at the SWAN and had a roll away like I did? Did I just get someone upon check in who didn't care about the rule? My kids will not sleep together...And the dolphin is booked for our dates....

Both times we have tried we were told no. Both when making the reservation and upon check in. We shipped an air mattress to resolve the issue.

i signed up for Team Shula to get the free birthday entree since we will be there during my birthday week in oct. we have never eaten at the restaurant but have only heard great things about it. however it doesnt really look kid friendly in the pics. has anyone taken kids with them to dinner at shulas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter