Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

If you choose to make the "green choice" by declining housekeeping, when do you receive the $5 food vouchers? Each day or at the beginning of your stay? Are they physical coupons or something digital that could be applied at the end of your stay? With all of the changes to SPG/Bonvoy, I'm assuming the $5 is probably better than the 500 points. For a five night stay, how many vouchers would I receive? I don't really understand the language on the resort report: "Valid for the duration of your visit when staying 2 or more nights with the exception of each 4th day when your room is automatically serviced." Thanks!

According to The Points Guy's calculations, Bonvoy points are worth $0.009 each. Therefore 500 points would be worth $4.50, so pretty much no real difference. I would take the $5 food voucher that you can use immediately on your trip over $4.50 worth of points that you will use some time in the future.

Hello, does anyone have pictures of the poolside cabanas at the Dolphin Grotto pool?
I called to get info on these today but she didn't have a whole lot of information other than what is online since she didn't actually work at the location.
I've reserved for our check-in day since we will be there very early, but wanting information on whether they have charging outlets. They aren't listed, but hoping someone might have some input.
Thanks.

Hello, does anyone have pictures of the poolside cabanas at the Dolphin Grotto pool?
I called to get info on these today but she didn't have a whole lot of information other than what is online since she didn't actually work at the location.
I've reserved for our check-in day since we will be there very early, but wanting information on whether they have charging outlets. They aren't listed, but hoping someone might have some input.
Thanks.
https://www.swandolphin.com/activities/pool-cabanas.html

Reactions: CJN

Does anyone know the usual timeline for Swan & Dolphin to drop their rates. I've noticed they always keep them fairly high when the date is still months out and, I'm assuming, they are unsure of how many rooms their conventions will take. I'm looking at the week of Thanksgiving and the rate is 300-400 per night. Last year I went at this time and paid 200. I'm sure it will drop, I'm just wondering how patient to be vs. looking elsewhere.

Does anyone know the usual timeline for Swan & Dolphin to drop their rates. I've noticed they always keep them fairly high when the date is still months out and, I'm assuming, they are unsure of how many rooms their conventions will take. I'm looking at the week of Thanksgiving and the rate is 300-400 per night. Last year I went at this time and paid 200. I'm sure it will drop, I'm just wondering how patient to be vs. looking elsewhere.
My AAA rate dropped last week. Originally booked Oct 2018.

$300-$400 does seem unusual for those dates. Are you looking at certain room catergories? We’re booked for the week of Thanksgiving as well, and we have an Alcove room for just under $300/night. From what I can see now, standard rooms range from low to mid $200s at Dolphin for Thanksgiving (22-29).

@Saints916 With the roll out of Galaxy's Edge I am not sure we're going to see a big price drop for November. If you use the Flexible Dates option you can see the lowest nightly rates available. When I scrolled through many of the months still had a lot of $300+ nights (which is what the hotel wants, but not what we want). April/May 2019 shows a number of sub-$300 nights, but a number of sold out and $800+ nights too. Late August has a number of good prices ($228), but Sept and beyond are all pretty high.

I'm watching Feb 2020 dates, which were high to start with now it shows a fair amount of fluctuation, but also a number of unavailable nights. The key is that as a conference hotel is finding when they release the hotel rooms by the conferences. For example there is a conference April 15-18 2019, the room deadline is March 14, not very good for those trying to plan in advance. Those rates for the conference, not to bad $269/night + $25/night discounted resort fee + tax, but not a screaming deal.

What do you all think??? I have been keeping up with some Star Wars boards/podcasts and one topic was discussing how people would be lining up to get into HS. One discussion surrounded winding people down towards the Epcot Resorts. We personally love the walk from Dolphin to HS. Do you think this path would be impacted? Our trip is early November, so hopefully there is some system in place by then.

I heard rumors (maybe on the Jim Hill podcast) they were going to be holding the overflow line in the Indiana Jones theater. I can’t imagine Disney would allow the line to block pedestrian access from all of the Crescent Lake resorts. That’s a lot of guests who paid deluxe pricing who’d be impacted. I think it’s all guesswork at this point though.

Thanks Dan, I did see this and even referenced it with the lady on the phone to ask if those were the Swan cabanas (a guess on my part due to the view) and she had no idea. I asked where exactly the cabanas were at the Grotto pool and she also had no idea. And I asked if they had charging outlets, and she had no idea. So I was just hoping someone had some personal pictures that might show more detail.
I guess I will find out soon, I will be there March 21st. I will make sure to take pictures to share :)

Hawaiiangal -
Maybe this is a little hope:
"Cabanas include a HDTV, mini-refrigerator"
So, there's electricity flowing in them.

Also, for location: "Grotto Cabanas are located in the Dolphin facing the grotto waterfall and the Swan Cabanas are located in the Swan facing lab pool."

- The big pool that has flanking connected pools on both sides separated by bridges is the grotto pool. The cabanas will be across the water, facing the waterfall. (also, there is a pretty cool seating area behind the waterfall with lounge chairs, bathrooms, and drinking fountains, I believe. We always snag a spot there. The waterfall is loud, but the area is shaded and relaxing. You can slip into the pool behind the waterfall.

The picture looked familiar but the statement confirms it. If you look at a map of the grounds, the Cabanas on the Dolphin side should be easy to place.

Swan side, not so much exactly where, but the Swan only has one pool anyway.

Last edited:
Thanks Dan, I did see this and even referenced it with the lady on the phone to ask if those were the Swan cabanas (a guess on my part due to the view) and she had no idea. I asked where exactly the cabanas were at the Grotto pool and she also had no idea. And I asked if they had charging outlets, and she had no idea. So I was just hoping someone had some personal pictures that might show more detail.
I guess I will find out soon, I will be there March 21st. I will make sure to take pictures to share :)
From katherine52478
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-302#post-59168643

(also, there is a pretty cool seating area behind the waterfall with lounge chairs, bathrooms, and drinking fountains, I believe. We always snag a spot there. The waterfall is loud, but the area is shaded and relaxing. You can slip into the pool behind the waterfall.

This is a nice spot in the summer, but if you are going from say Nov-March when it may not be as hot as you'd like, this area can be pretty cold, as there is a constant light mist from the waterfalls. It is also wet there constantly, so if your kids go full speed and never slow down like mine, it can be a slip hazard.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but what impact, if any, do people think the Skyliner will have on the Swan Dolphin or other Boardwalk hotels?

We’ve stayed in the Dolphin 2/3 stays at WDW and feel that the Executive Suites we stayed in were an ideal room, for our party of 5. We also feel in love with the relaxing morning walk to Epcot’s International Gateway. :thumbsup2 With the Skyliner station located near the International Gateway, how much more congested will it become? Also wonder how much more foot traffic they will add to the Boardwalk? Not exactly sure about the Skyliners location at Hollywood Studios, but I’m sure it will also be effected as well.

I do think the international gateway will be more congested. I think they will add more lines for security and park entry. That should help but I expect it to be busier at park opening. As a BWV owner and frequent guest at Dolphin, I think I will miss the easy entrance and exit there.

I'm not sure that S/D and other Epcot hotels will see much of an increased demand, though there might be some. You can already easily get to/from Epcot & DHS, but I do think the quiet International Gateway is going to be crazy busy as all the guests on the Skyliner line will be dropped there, en masse. Which won't make it better for those that liked the nice quiet back road into Epcot, but can't really change it. I can see the impact at CBR & Pop/Art though, and I can see those rates going up.

I'm thinking of booking the swan/dolphin via a priceline express deal for May 4-10. We will be two adults and two kids. Does anyone know how it would go to add two people to the room? Will they do it in advance and would there be an extra charge?

If you are speaking about two extra adults, you would need to have a room that sleeps 6 booked. If so, I would expect that it could be changed over the phone. Yes, there is a charge for extra adults. We had three 'adults' in our room at the Dolphin once and had to pay an extra person fee.

Has anyone booked the Swan using the double run of house option for a room?

seeing that is the only option available using dh Ff miles

times have sure changed as now we also have to pay $100 plus the miles each night. I don't even know if that includes the resort fee sigh.

I am concerned about room view/location

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter