Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We’re excited for our first stay at the Dolphin for our spring break trip! I just had a question about credit card holds for incidentals, that I’m hoping one of you S/D experts can answer. Is it true that they place a hold on your credit card for incidentals, equal to 40% of the cost of your stay, if you dont have a reservation that’s fully prepaid in advance? I saw something to that effect on the website, but that seems excessive, so I wanted to see if anyone had IRL experience. Thanks!

We’re excited for our first stay at the Dolphin for our spring break trip! I just had a question about credit card holds for incidentals, that I’m hoping one of you S/D experts can answer. Is it true that they place a hold on your credit card for incidentals, equal to 40% of the cost of your stay, if you dont have a reservation that’s fully prepaid in advance? I saw something to that effect on the website, but that seems excessive, so I wanted to see if anyone had IRL experience. Thanks!
Yes, that is the written policy. I'm sorry, but my reservations have been paid in full at check-in, so can't help beyond that. I would call Dolphin in-house reservations to confirm info.

407-934-4000
Credit card hold policy

I’m here now and my authorization is 20% of my stay cost, not 40%.

I’m here now and my authorization is 20% of my stay cost, not 40%.
That seems more inline with the rest of the industry, at least for Disney vacationers. I wonder if the convention folks charge a lot more and thus they snag 40% because of their use of expense accounts.

slightly off topic, but you all might have some insight. we need to earn 40,000 more marriott points for our dolphin stay in november. i'm not too worried since hubby travels a lot, but was curious if we would earn marriott points on our spring break trip. two nights were booked on points and one night on an award certificate from our credit card. he is platinum elite. will he earn points on this three night stay?

slightly off topic, but you all might have some insight. we need to earn 40,000 more marriott points for our dolphin stay in november. i'm not too worried since hubby travels a lot, but was curious if we would earn marriott points on our spring break trip. two nights were booked on points and one night on an award certificate from our credit card. he is platinum elite. will he earn points on this three night stay?

He will only earn points on any incidentals that are charged to the room. You do not earn points on stays paid for with points or award certs.

He will only earn points on any incidentals that are charged to the room. You do not earn points on stays paid for with points or award certs.
darn. ok - we will have our "upgrade" fee to the suite, and any food/beverages, but that's about it. thanks for the info!

@Dan Murphy have you seen any plans for the hotel and grounds? I wonder if they will be sharing or have any access to the S/D amenities or if it will be a stand alone with its own? I would assume they could walk over to use the boat transportation, but wondering about the pool, etc. Probably something that will come out down the road, just thinking out loud.

I've come across nothing, Steve, beyond what little has been posted on this thread over past few months... size, location, construction status, Very little detail.

@JJ2017 If you're trying to rack up points make sure you take Marriott up on the latest offer to increase your points between March 19 and June 4th. The Double Take promo email hit my inbox yesterday.

What do you all think??? I have been keeping up with some Star Wars boards/podcasts and one topic was discussing how people would be lining up to get into HS. One discussion surrounded winding people down towards the Epcot Resorts. We personally love the walk from Dolphin to HS. Do you think this path would be impacted? Our trip is early November, so hopefully there is some system in place by then.

If you choose to make the "green choice" by declining housekeeping, when do you receive the $5 food vouchers? Each day or at the beginning of your stay? Are they physical coupons or something digital that could be applied at the end of your stay? With all of the changes to SPG/Bonvoy, I'm assuming the $5 is probably better than the 500 points. For a five night stay, how many vouchers would I receive? I don't really understand the language on the resort report: "Valid for the duration of your visit when staying 2 or more nights with the exception of each 4th day when your room is automatically serviced." Thanks!

What do you all think??? I have been keeping up with some Star Wars boards/podcasts and one topic was discussing how people would be lining up to get into HS. One discussion surrounded winding people down towards the Epcot Resorts. We personally love the walk from Dolphin to HS. Do you think this path would be impacted? Our trip is early November, so hopefully there is some system in place by then.
This message appeared on my confirmation page for a WDW resort:
Capacity for Disney's Hollywood Studios, Star Wars, Galaxy's Edge and its experiences is limited. Access to the park, land and experiences may be restricted or unavailable depending on guest demand or other factors.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter