Walt Disney World Railroad

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
I just noticed that the railroad at MK is to be closed in December, that's a disappointment to me. I really like it for getting back to the front of the park. Does anyone know the exact dates? Is it December 1? My trip is Dec 9-17.

Friendship boats to Epcot also down, not a real hardship but a disappointment. I guess I'm one of the few who actually like them.

I think with all this construction going on, I'm going to take a year off after this trip.

I think I saw somebody say they were stopping train tours towards the middle of December so they thought that's when they would be closed. I hope so since my son is a big train fan and I wanted him to ride it while we were there 12/6-12/12

I'm good with them closing the railroad cause that means they're working on Tron! :stitch:

Yes, and just to those concerned it will likely be a rather lengthy down-time for the WDW Railroad as it cannot operate as they construct the TRON building. Just try to think of the positives, a new E-Ticket coaster in Tomorrowland!

If you look at the "Disney's The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour" dates and times, you can book it through Dec 13th. By no means is that confirmation but it could be a clue that it will close from the 14th on.

I love the train also and will miss riding it in April.

Is it odd, that in all the trips to the World, we have never been on the freindship boats?
It's always on the list...

Yes, and just to those concerned it will likely be a rather lengthy down-time for the WDW Railroad as it cannot operate as they construct the TRON building. Just try to think of the positives, a new E-Ticket coaster in Tomorrowland!

People will still complain, you know that!

I've been to MK at least three times and I don't think the railroad has been operational for any of those trips. My family loves trains so I've always wanted to take it but it looks like I'm missing it again this trip. Oh well, adding it to the list for our next trip. Other bummers are the Riverboat and TS Island. Both are scheduled to reopen on our last day but we plan to be at HS that day. Oh well.

Friendship boats to Epcot also down, not a real hardship but a disappointment. I guess I'm one of the few who actually like them.

Are these the boats within Epcot that take you to the other side of WS? Where did you find that they'll be down?

People will still complain, you know that!

Well to be fair not everyone goes to MK multiple times in a short period. If I really like trains and was really hoping to get to ride the train, I might be a bit miffed it was shut down due to something opening next year that I won't have any part of.

Not saying that's me as I go often enough and know there's a billion other things to do, just saying some people might be justified in being a bit annoyed. I can help but be devils advocate so don't mind me.

Are these the boats within Epcot that take you to the other side of WS? Where did you find that they'll be down?

It's the boats from Epcot to HS with stops at the three Crescent Lake resorts. They will be down while they run the Skyliner cable.

Well to be fair not everyone goes to MK multiple times in a short period. If I really like trains and was really hoping to get to ride the train, I might be a bit miffed it was shut down due to something opening next year that I won't have any part of.

Not saying that's me as I go often enough and know there's a billion other things to do, just saying some people might be justified in being a bit annoyed. I can help but be devils advocate so don't mind me.

I meant they'll complain about getting a new coaster.

Any new information on whether the train will still be running in early December? Specifically 12/7/18 during the day? :)

I meant they'll complain about getting a new coaster.

Ha ha...yes they will! It will be too kiddie or too intense or have a high height requirement or not have a height requirement or not be immersive enough or obstruct sight lines or be ugly or not fit in with the themeing around it or not have any FPs available or have too many FPs available or....

I'm sure that won't even come close to covering it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter