Walt Disney World In room Celebrations....are they worth the price tag?

Jenn51421

Earning My Ears
Hello Fellow Disney Lovers,
My fiancé and I are going to Disney in August and we are taking his son for the first time. My fiancé wants to have an in room celebration for his son that's worth about $300. For me I can't justify that price tag especially when we originally booked this trip we were staying at Boardwalk Villas but due to financial issues we had to move our resort stay to AllStar Sports. So my question is, are the in room celebrations really worth the money????

Hello Fellow Disney Lovers,
My fiancé and I are going to Disney in August and we are taking his son for the first time. My fiancé wants to have an in room celebration for his son that's worth about $300. For me I can't justify that price tag especially when we originally booked this trip we were staying at Boardwalk Villas but due to financial issues we had to move our resort stay to AllStar Sports. So my question is, are the in room celebrations really worth the money????
Yes and no. We did one last month from a private vendor. She did a great job and we would do it again. Was it worth the money - yes for how surprised and happy DD11 was. No in that the practical side knows it is overkill at Disney with all the stimuli.

20230510_234840.jpg20230510_235251.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding: the second pic she had already gone through some of the bag. There were balloons everywhere and little lights. She got cupcakes. Charcuterie. Snacks, super soft blanket, ears, stuffy. Etc.

Adding: the second pic she had already gone through some of the bag. There were balloons everywhere and little lights. She got cupcakes. Charcuterie. Snacks, super soft blanket, ears, stuffy. Etc.
Who was outside vendor?

To you. Everyone has different levels of what they will spend.

It's not for you. Ok. We hear you. 🙄
I agree. Some people think staying at a Deluxe hotel or in a Club Level is over the top, while others insist they won’t stay anywhere else (especially the Club Level lovers). Some people feel Monsieur Paul or Victoria and Albert are worth it, while others don’t.

I agree with @eksmama01 & @Disneydawg74. Because you don’t agree with how someone spends their own money doesn’t make it insane. Everyone has their priorities & the right to spend their money as they see fit. I choose to spend my money on deluxe resorts, club level, annual passes & extra paid events. I don’t choose to spend my money on alcohol, cigarettes or expensive SUVs. Doesn’t make me insane. Nor do I think the person who likes a cocktail & drives a Chevy Suburban is insane.

OP, this is just something you & your fiancé will have to decide together. Or maybe he gets to choose what to spend money on for his son. That’s something you’ll have to navigate through out your marriage too. You get to decide together what’s right for your new family.

As they say, You do you boo. :thumbsup2

$300 is insane
Sure for you it is. But do you have any idea how many non-Disney people call us Disney-goers insane all the time? The amount of money we spent EACH trip and the fact that we keep going back? But that's what you and your family love, making the memories, that's worth it to you, not insane. The money she spent for the in room celebration for her daughter is the same thing. Do I think $300 is a little pricey? Yeah I absolutely think so. But that's also not my money. I buy and do a lot of things people think it's crazy and waste of money, but who cares, they make me happy and they are my experience, my memories. So you do you boo, to each their own!

@Jenn51421 Is there any way you guys can maybe cut down this in room celebration a bit, and do some of them yourself to make it more affordable? If that doesn't work, then like @focusondisney says you'll have to decide together what's the best option. Talk it out, express to each other how you both feel about it, and the reasoning for wanting/not wanting to do it. Whatever you decide, don't let this ruin the mood of your trip! You'll make some great memories together! 😊

I agree. Some people think staying at a Deluxe hotel or in a Club Level is over the top, while others insist they won’t stay anywhere else (especially the Club Level lovers). Some people feel Monsieur Paul or Victoria and Albert are worth it, while others don’t.
Great point! V&A is absolutely worth it for me! Dying to go back! 😍🤤

My family decorated our rooms themselves for one of my birthday trips and we enjoyed the decor the whole trip. They used simple decorations (probably Amazon, Walmart, etc) and had a box of Crumbl cookies instead of a cake so we could nosh on them for several days. (Lack of park breakfast options solved.) They also brought birthday themed glasses for everyone to wear which were great for in-park photos.

The convenience of hiring Disney to do it is definitely worth something but if you do it yourselves you can save money and personalize things for the birthday boy (colors, favorite IP, etc.). A few family members arrived about an hour before me to put things together for the surprise. With the three of you likely traveling together, maybe your fiancee could take the birthday boy to get a soda/treat while you set the room up. Whatever you decide I hope you all have an amazing trip. Disney birthdays are the best.

Yes and no. We did one last month from a private vendor. She did a great job and we would do it again. Was it worth the money - yes for how surprised and happy DD11 was. No in that the practical side knows it is overkill at Disney with all the stimuli.

View attachment 773269View attachment 773270View attachment 773271
What a great surprise for your daughter. How does the outside vendor get access to the room? Do you need to be there to let them in?

Disney is all about fun and magic I think if it’s in your budget why not add some more pixie dust to the stay by decorating the room. I remember when the DIS used to have the DVC Christmas tree exchange for those staying during the holidays.

What a great surprise for your daughter. How does the outside vendor get access to the room? Do you need to be there to let them in?

Disney is all about fun and magic I think if it’s in your budget why not add some more pixie dust to the stay by decorating the room. I remember when the DIS used to have the DVC Christmas tree exchange for those staying during the holidays.
You can meet her, leave a key, or add as a day guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter