Walt Disney World Date Based Ticket System FAQ • Read First Page

For those of you that don't have Safari and/or Firefox, here is what I am seeing when I search. I searched for a 4-day ticket for a random day in October. You will notice the 12:00 AM time referenced in two locations on the Safari search:

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 4.10.19 PM.png

When I searched the same exact dates in Firefox, this is how it looks:

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 4.17.31 PM.png

Very interesting and it really makes you consider the intricacies these IT folks have to take into account. It's not an easy job, that's for sure! :)

True, but they can have a target of those dates. They have to have a target date somewhere

I dont even know if that is what they are aiming for or not. If their aim is to spread crowds out then I certainly don’t think they would forecast SWGE with the new prices- you forecast it you get everyone waiting until then and no one buying sep oct nov rooms/tickets- I would think they want to keep people quasi guessing. Also Dec 17th and on is “ Christmas” the busiest time they have- I can’t logically see Disney saying let’s take the busiest time of year and open SWGE the same week or 2- it just doesn’t make logistical sense - I would think if Christmas and SWGE coincided you would have park closings due to capacity and a lot of pissed off guests.
But I don’t make the big bucks making those decisions for them.

Question about UT etickets. I bought 4 adult 5 days tickets. There is only 1 ticket with 1 reservation number. How does each person link their ticket to their own MDE account?
Did you also get an email with each ticket? Something you can take to the ticket window to redeem? It's been a while since I bought more than 1 ticket but I thought I got a PDF with the ticket numbers on them.
If not, email them to ask, they are good at responding

For those of you that don't have Safari and/or Firefox, here is what I am seeing when I search. I searched for a 4-day ticket for a random day in October. You will notice the 12:00 AM time referenced in two locations on the Safari search:

View attachment 358870

When I searched the same exact dates in Firefox, this is how it looks:

View attachment 358874

Very interesting and it really makes you consider the intricacies these IT folks have to take into account. It's not an easy job, that's for sure! :)
But it should be. It should be nothing more than a cut and paste of the text from to the other, so they are consistent no matter what system you use. Instead, more than likely, one person wrote the site for Firefox and someone else wrote it for Safari. I'm sure overall it's a mess of a job but text used on the website should be the easiest part of all

But it should be. It should be nothing more than a cut and paste of the text from to the other, so they are consistent no matter what system you use. Instead, more than likely, one person wrote the site for Firefox and someone else wrote it for Safari. I'm sure overall it's a mess of a job but text used on the website should be the easiest part of all

You are probably correct on the bolded part above. Even notice how on one screenshot above "October" is fully written out and on the other screenshot it is "Oct". Interesting....and that method of doing things could potentially cause some pretty big consistency issues. Hey, at least the prices are consistent!:rotfl:

Does anyone know if they still do ticket bridging, and if so, I assume they will bridge to the current day's price once we are there? We have an old 2 day ticket we never used from our 2014 trip we were going to upgrade to 7 days for my youngest ds7.
I just bought 3 adult 7 day base tickets and 1 child 7 day base ticket from UT as soon as I saw the news. Saved us over $200! Funny thing is my husband and I JUST decided to go back a few days ago. I've been mostly absent from the boards for a while. This is giving me heartburn!!

Question about UT etickets. I bought 4 adult 5 days tickets. There is only 1 ticket with 1 reservation number. How does each person link their ticket to their own MDE account?

Use the reservation number to link tickets in MDE, then assign to friends and family.

So under reservations and tickets in MDE, there's a link to Link Tickets. Click on that. Enter the reservation number. Hit next (you sometimes have to click outside the box to get the next button). The next screen should show all the tickets on that reservation number and you should be able to assign them to people in your friends and family list or a new guest.

Regarding packages booked prior to 10/16/18, and this is purely anecdotal.

I called and upgraded our TWO tix from 5 day/1 park to 6 day/1 park and was only charged the OLD upgrade amount ($21.28 for two) rather than the NEW upgrade amount ($38.64 for two). The CM was surprised herself as she had quoted me the new amount. Don't know if it was a glitch or if somehow the old packages are being grandfathered in. Originally she told me that it would mean paying the new higher ticket price.

If this has already been addressed, sorry! I haven't read all the previous posts. (Unforgivable sin, I know!)

Undercover Tourist is great! Hundreds if not thousands of us have used them. Just make sure to get the E ticket, not mailed physical ticket. then link it to your MDE. So easy & quick. But I would hop on it before Undercover Tourist runs out of stock. My daughter ordered from them yesterday. Saved $65.74 per ticket! Yay!
Current WDW of your 10 day PH Dec 4-14 is $581.61.

Thank you I did end up purchasing this morning around 8:30 am. Still have not received the eTicket though.. is that normal?? :confused: I'm guessing they are really busy

Did you also get an email with each ticket? Something you can take to the ticket window to redeem? It's been a while since I bought more than 1 ticket but I thought I got a PDF with the ticket numbers on them.
If not, email them to ask, they are good at responding
Thanks. I’ll take a look

Use the reservation number to link tickets in MDE, then assign to friends and family.

So under reservations and tickets in MDE, there's a link to Link Tickets. Click on that. Enter the reservation number. Hit next (you sometimes have to click outside the box to get the next button). The next screen should show all the tickets on that reservation number and you should be able to assign them to people in your friends and family list or a new guest.
Thank You! I’ll try that

Does anyone know if Undercover Tourist will be selling the old tickets until their stock runs out and then they will be switching over to the new tickets? Does anyone happen to know what a 4 day ticket was before through Disney? I'm trying to convince my sister to get her tickets ASAP (we need to make fastpasses in a month anyways)!

Does anyone know if they still do ticket bridging, and if so, I assume they will bridge to the current day's price once we are there? We have an old 2 day ticket we never used from our 2014 trip we were going to upgrade to 7 days for my youngest ds7.
I just bought 3 adult 7 day base tickets and 1 child 7 day base ticket from UT as soon as I saw the news. Saved us over $200! Funny thing is my husband and I JUST decided to go back a few days ago. I've been mostly absent from the boards for a while. This is giving me heartburn!!

This is answered in Robo’s Ticket Sticky: https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-upgrades.3570721/#post-56958173

The quick answer - it will not be bridged to the current gate price because the ticket is pre-2017 expiration dates, you will be credited for the value of that ticket from 2/11/2017. Robo explains it in the link above.

Enjoy your vacation!

The pricing itself isn't the biggest concern for me - it's the rules changing. We used to spread out 3 or 4 park days over our entire trip of 8-10 days. If you want this - you now have to pay $60 for the flexibility option!! Hate having to pay just to be able to pick which days you want to go. Hate this!

The pricing itself isn't the biggest concern for me - it's the rules changing. We used to spread out 3 or 4 park days over our entire trip of 8-10 days. If you want this - you now have to pay $60 for the flexibility option!! Hate having to pay just to be able to pick which days you want to go. Hate this!

The “Flex” option is variable-priced. Essentially, lower-priced tickets will cost more for it while higher-priced times won’t be as much to add it. I spot-checked a few dates and found a range of $8.50 to $71.92 to add Flex to a 5-day ticket.

Thank you I did end up purchasing this morning around 8:30 am. Still have not received the eTicket though.. is that normal?? :confused: I'm guessing they are really busy
No, not in my experience. Could it be in your spam folder? Are you having any trouble getting your email?
I would call them in the morning if it has not come yet. They were great on the phone, when I called them. Did you get any confirmation email?
Did your credit card charge go through?

Do anyone know the prices for Florida Resident 3 days and 4 day tickets?

I was playing around with that a few hours ago and depending on when you go, you can pay anywhere from $54-$62 a day. The total I got for son and I on the 4 day no park hopper June 9-12 was $522.84 after tax. That's two adult tickets. On the 3 day, I checked for a friend going with her 3 year old daughter using the hopper option, And her total was around $540. Her trip dates are in March.
Hope this helps. Our tickets priced out daily are about 30-40% cheaper than the normal tickets. Our tickets in June are $62 a day for the time we are there! I can accept that! pixiedust::flower1: Those who aren't FL residents pay $108 a day! :crazy2:

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Undercover Tourist will be selling the old tickets until their stock runs out and then they will be switching over to the new tickets? Does anyone happen to know what a 4 day ticket was before through Disney? I'm trying to convince my sister to get her tickets ASAP (we need to make fastpasses in a month anyways)!
Len has posted that they will be selling the old tickets till 10/29. Not simply till stock runs out. So there is apparently a date they can sell through

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter