This thread is so negative! Gee, how off-putting. Nothing's changed for you if you can't use the perk. So just be happy for those who can and move on
It's not so much the cheap perk that the majority can't use. For me it was how it was announced. They announce this one day before price increases.

It's not so much the cheap perk that the majority can't use. For me it was how it was announced. They announce this one day before price increases.
At least it wasn't announced same day.

Disney is giving guests something to do, for free, while they are waiting for their rooms. Posters are making this a negative. Some fan forum.

Cold, rainy day. Water parks are closed. You paid nothing you get nothing.

Would posters prefer a $25 DS gift card, good on purchases over $250? Not applicable on discounted items

Last edited:
Would posters prefer a $25 DS gift card, good on purchases over $250? Not applicable on discounted items
I think the overall point is that Disney, for the prices they charge and the experience they advertise, need to do better than this.

Disney as a company has been struggling because this is the best they can do these days.

I will say, it would be a good start if it were followed up with some other really cool perks, but it's not gonna be.

Don't use the perk if it doesn't suit you! I don't plan on visiting the water parks either, but I'm happy for the people who do. On the same note, the Magic Express was completely useless to me since I thought it was too slow. I'm glad others had a chance to use it though.

Don't use the perk if it doesn't suit you! I don't plan on visiting the water parks either, but I'm happy for the people who do. On the same note, the Magic Express was completely useless to me since I thought it was too slow. I'm glad others had a chance to use it though.
The perk is not my issue. It's more of the way they have been announcing things lately. They announce something good one day and the next day the bad news comes.

At least it wasn't announced same day.

Disney is giving guests something to do, for free, while they are waiting for their rooms. Posters are making this a negative. Some fan forum.

Cold, rainy day. Water parks are closed. You paid nothing you get nothing.

Do you work for Disney lol? You’re strangely aggressive about this topic. I think it’s funny that you think that the people on here are the greedy ones. People are paying huge amounts of money and expect a lot because of this. Prices are increasing constantly all the while Disney has removed perk after perk, then introduces a “perk” so transparently unhelpful to the majority of guests, I can understand why people are irritated. They’re paying more and more and getting less and less, and when there are so many ways Disney could try to make things better, this is what they do. And I’m no Disney hater, I’m a Disney loving, DVC member but I can still see reality. I guess this perk is better than nothing, but not by much for the many people who can’t use it.

I think the overall point is that Disney, for the prices they charge and the experience they advertise, need to do better than this.

Disney as a company has been struggling because this is the best they can do these days.

I will say, it would be a good start if it were followed up with some other really cool perks, but it's not gonna be.
This exactly. I'd be excited about it if we hadn't consistently seen the value-for-price decrease and guest experience generally get worse. Also, they already nickel and dime us for "perks" that used to be free (magic bands, the app, etc.) Sorry, Disney needs to turn things around before Epic Universe opens. This perk is an OK start, but most guests can't even take advantage of it. Meanwhile prices keep going up?

Come on Disney. You can do better than this.

I imagine that yours is exactly the demographic they were think of with this perk. Nice to give guests a freebie to do until their room is ready at 3pm-ish.
Well, I mean if we can get 12 people (4 kids) on a 6:30 plane out of Indy, then I think anybody could. So, it's basically just a choice. If you plan ahead, anybody could use this perk. It is offered to everyone.

Disney: No planning ahead for rides. Get up a 7am every day and geniefight for your favorite ride like you are trying to buy the latest playstation.

Also Disney: We are giving you this "free" (not free) water park day, but only on the day you arrive, so plan the entire start of your vacation around it a year in advance.

Yeah, no.

I wish this was true. But this is not for everybody.
people can most certainly plan their arrival days when making plans. We have stayed at the airport before and "arrived the next day". It's like everything else, all it takes is planning.

Has anybody here actually ever been or even considered going to a water park on check in day? With travel and luggage storage and check in and unpacking, that is absolutely the last day we would ever consider dealing with everything it takes to get a water park day together. Or check out day. That might be worse, but it's still probably close.

My Mom and I have a trip booked for January 2025. I was excited to hear about this free perk - we have never been to the water parks - but realistically, we will not be using it for a number of reasons.

I would love if they threw in a round of mini golf or something as an alternative option to the water park. I know it’s of lesser value but would be nice to get a “free” activity that doesn’t require being cold and wet in the winter months!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter