Walt Disney Company Quarter 2 Earnings Report 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought him saying "Standard" capacity as opposed to be max capacity was interesting

Anything to read into this or was it just a misspeak? "Standard" capacity at MK would be around 50k, which means 25% of that would be 12.5k people, which is unheard of low and I could see working. But 25% of the max capacity would be like a September MNSSHP Morning/Afternoon 5 years ago. I thought talks were of opening at 50% though, not 25. Either way you slice 25 there will be a lot less people in the parks. 50% of max capacity would mean almost nothing though.

If they truly do the reservation system here like they are there, I wonder if passholders will be given another option to get a refund for the rest of their pass. I won't do it regardless because even if it does make it difficult for me and devalue my pass, I know I'll still want to go when I can anyway. Most people are not like me though.

What exactly is dated tickets? So someone with an Annual Pass will be out of luck? I know with my package it starts and ends on a specific date. Perhaps that is what he means?

Shanghai Disney Resort capacity at 80,000 at max; opening below 24k a day.

Keep in mind, he said Shanghai Disney Resort, that leads me to believe they're including Disneytown.

Shanghai has a capacity of 80,000. The government is putting a 30% cap on that and Disney will open below that to work their way into things. Approaching slowly. They will move up to 30% over a couple weeks.

Anything to read into this or was it just a misspeak? "Standard" capacity at MK would be around 50k, which means 25% of that would be 12.5k people, which is unheard of low and I could see working. But 25% of the max capacity would be like a September MNSSHP Morning/Afternoon 5 years ago. I thought talks were of opening at 50% though, not 25. Either way you slice 25 there will be a lot less people in the parks. 50% of max capacity would mean almost nothing though.

If they truly do the reservation system here like they are there, I wonder if passholders will be given another option to get a refund for the rest of their pass. I won't do it regardless because even if it does make it difficult for me and devalue my pass, I know I'll still want to go when I can anyway. Most people are not like me though.
But Disney will staff to capacity so it probably still feel crowded with longer lines for stuff.

What exactly is dated tickets? So someone with an Annual Pass will be out of luck? I know with my package it starts and ends on a specific date. Perhaps that is what he means?
[/QUOTE]
APs at Shanghai will have to go online and register for their park date(s) they wish to attend ahead of time

-capacity limit question on Shanghai opening next week - 80,000 per day normal and govt want it capped at no more than 24,000 but Disney to open far below that to prevent back up lines. after few weeks will be back to govt limit
-US parks attendance question - local versus out of state - CA is local; FL predominantly fly-ins

Capacity at Shanghai upon opening... 80K a day normally
Govt wants 24% but Disney wants things more slowly less attendees for the first while as they ramp up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter