Walt’s Main Street Story Tour

Carolwoodpr

Disney Dreamer
This tour is quit expensive. The only reason I am doing it is because we get to be able to go to Walt’s apartment.

How much time do we spend in the apartment and are we aloud to take photos?

If you have a Disney Visa you get a discount. I just booked it today for November - $136 each. No pictures are allowed in the apartment from what I have read, but they will have PhotoPass to do a picture in a specific spot in the apartment.

This tour is quit expensive. The only reason I am doing it is because we get to be able to go to Walt’s apartment.

Hi. I did this tour during my August trip to Disneyland. We were inside Walt's apartment for about 40 minutes. A Disneyland photographer takes photos of every party and he downloads onto your Disneyland App. Well worth the money!! I will do this tour again. You CANNOT take your own pictures!

Last edited:
Haven't done this particular tour, but I've been in the apartment several times. Spending more than 15 minutes there is more than you need. It's a very small apartment. Picture taking is allowed.

Haven't done this particular tour, but I've been in the apartment several times. Spending more than 15 minutes there is more than you need. It's a very small apartment. Picture taking is allowed.
Same here. We were allowed to take pictures when we went, but it wasn't the current tour so that may have changed. Notice the lamp was green then (the one they always keep shining for Walt). It was changed when they updated the apartment. Walt would light the lamp, as the story goes, to signal to CMs when he was there. After he died, it was turned off for a day and then relit and left on afterward. I've included a picture from the outside and an old picture of Walt, Lillian, and kids in the apartment.walts apartment.JPGwalts lamp exter.JPGwalts apt kids.JPG
Those must be some of the grandkids.

Same here. We were allowed to take pictures when we went, but it wasn't the current tour so that may have changed. Notice the lamp was green then (the one they always keep shining for Walt). It was changed when they updated the apartment. Walt would light the lamp, as the story goes, to signal to CMs when he was there. After he died, it was turned off for a day and then relit and left on afterward. I've included a picture from the outside and an old picture of Walt, Lillian, and kids in the apartment.View attachment 794833View attachment 794839View attachment 794840
No pictures were allowed on my tour in August 2023. Only the Disneyland photographer took pictures of the tour participants.

If you have a Disney Visa you get a discount. I just booked it today for November - $136 each. No pictures are allowed in the apartment from what I have read, but they will have PhotoPass to do a picture in a specific spot in the apartment.
Price went up...it's now $160! We'll be down there soon and debating if we should do it. The Disney math says heck yeah! When else we'll get to be in Walt's apartment?

Just wondering how you got the Disney credit card discount to apply? Did you have to call to book it?

Just wondering how you got the Disney credit card discount to apply? Did you have to call to book it?
I just booked this, and my Disney Visa is connected to my Disney account. So my card is on file and the website knew to apply the discount. It was basically automatic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter