Walmart prices

shepd

Mouseketeer
I've heard the Walmarts near Disney are expensive or poorly stocked. Is that true? If so, which Walmart should I be shopping at?

If it helps, I will be staying partly in Kissimmee near Disney, and later on at another condo in Orlando near Downtown Disney.

The two Walmarts I had listed that were nearby are:

550 US Highway 27, Clermont, FL
8990 Turkey Lake Road, Orlando, FL

Poor choices? I don't mind driving a bit (or even a lot) if it is going to make a significant difference. I plan to shop for groceries and clothes.

I've heard the Walmarts near Disney are expensive or poorly stocked. Is that true? If so, which Walmart should I be shopping at?

If it helps, I will be staying partly in Kissimmee near Disney, and later on at another condo in Orlando near Downtown Disney.

The two Walmarts I had listed that were nearby are:

550 US Highway 27, Clermont, FL
8990 Turkey Lake Road, Orlando, FL

Poor choices? I don't mind driving a bit (or even a lot) if it is going to make a significant difference. I plan to shop for groceries and clothes.

In my opinion, they are the same as here in Vegas... Same prices and same choices, and the same issue of certain items being out of stock when you need them... We just go to the super Target now when in Orlando, it is a much better experience overall.

we always go to turkey lake rd (although i call it turkey leg rd, after a misunderstanding on an accent, its stuck now!!). i think its normally priced, no discernible difference to my local wal-mart. and the souvenir section is great. no it doesn't have the parks insignia, but it's enough of a price difference for basically the same thing that i dont worry about it!! and i've never found it to be out of stock for anything we've been looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We always go to the Walmart on #192 in Kissimmee. I'm thinking it is about mile maker 13 or 14, so it could be maybe 7 miles from the WDW entrance. It is near a flea market we like and restaurants we enjoy, so it makes a good break from WDW. It seems to have whatever we need.

We've been to the one in Clermont a # of times....prices might be a little higher than normal but nothing outrageous. They have a ton of Disney items....and are a whole lot cheaper than park prices.

They seem to be well stocked too....at least when we've been there.

Local here-

I avoid Turkey Lake Walmart at all costs. Rude staff, filthy store, higher prices, and bad food.

Walmart off 535 is much better and right around the corner from DTD.

Local here-

I avoid Turkey Lake Walmart at all costs. Rude staff, filthy store, higher prices, and bad food.

Walmart off 535 is much better and right around the corner from DTD.

Yes go right on 535 from Hotel Plaza Blvd opposite the Crossroads shopping center Make sure you go UNDER I-4 and not turn onto it or you'll be heading to Tampa It's about 5 miles away very clean store very well stocked cross road is Polynesian Isle Blvd It will be up on your right hand side I do major food shopping there when I am in the area

Thanks for the advice people! I haven't considered Target because their stores have been, well, poor for us Canadians, to the point they kinda apologized for sucking:

http://www.thestar.com/business/201..._apologizes_to_customers_promises_change.html

My experience at Target in the US wasn't much better, but I've only been to a couple of random Target stores, and generally to look for specific items (which were about double the price there). But there's one close by so it can't hurt to try them out again.

I will avoid the Turkey Lake Walmart! Thanks everyone! :thumbsup2

Local here- I avoid Turkey Lake Walmart at all costs. Rude staff, filthy store, higher prices, and bad food. Walmart off 535 is much better and right around the corner from DTD.
everyones experience is different, but i've never experienced that there. maybe i'll try a different one this trip and see if i notice a difference!!

everyones experience is different, but i've never experienced that there. maybe i'll try a different one this trip and see if i notice a difference!!

Of course everyone's experience may be different. What I see on weekly grocery shopping trips is not going to be the same as what you see on a once a year trip.

I go to the one on 192, I find it very good, I don't know if it is more expensive than non tourist area Wal Marts, but, I find lots of bargains when I go there, especially clothing.

I personally think Publix is a better choice for grocery's in the Orlando area... there is one on 192 I think.. near the KOA campground..

And I think they have stores scattered around Orlando..

Our go to store is Supertarget on 192. I'll gladly pay a few extra dollars to not get a Walmart headache. We like Publix too.

If we must go to a Walmart, we hit the one on 535. Watch the receipts, Walmart in tourist areas often overcharge knowing the tourists are in a rush, don't pay attention, and won't stand in line 20 minutes for an overcharge.

Our go to store is Supertarget on 192. I'll gladly pay a few extra dollars to not get a Walmart headache. We like Publix too.

If we must go to a Walmart, we hit the one on 535. Watch the receipts, Walmart in tourist areas often overcharge knowing the tourists are in a rush, don't pay attention, and won't stand in line 20 minutes for an overcharge.

Yes the SuperTarget on 192 is a nice choice. We found it mostly well stocked (in peak orlando vacation season at that) The prices are elevated as with most stores in Orlando...Publix is worth checking out

Of course everyone's experience may be different. What I see on weekly grocery shopping trips is not going to be the same as what you see on a once a year trip.
you're right, i don't do weekly shopping trips there. couldn't pay me enough to live in orlando proper. however, we can talk cleanliness, friendliest etc about the stores in polk city, auburndale areas. don't presume to know someone and their trip habits please. op specifically asked about a few, i gave my experience at one.

you're right, i don't do weekly shopping trips there. couldn't pay me enough to live in orlando proper. however, we can talk cleanliness, friendliest etc about the stores in polk city, auburndale areas. don't presume to know someone and their trip habits please. op specifically asked about a few, i gave my experience at one.

I wont presume anything. But I will point out the Turkey Lake Walmart is no where near Polk city or Auburndale.

I wont presume anything. But I will point out the Turkey Lake Walmart is no were near Polk city or Auburndale.

:rotfl2: true true and Polk City has nothing a cattle feed store an expensive Dollar General Auburndale WalMart one of the most expensive around None of these anywhere near WDW that a tourist would find not sure why even brought up ? :confused3

I'm with you ( as a local ) and I'll add Publix may be popular and their cakes are fabulous but everything else SO expensive :scared1: Double the price per lb Alpine Lace Swiss cheese for example over the WalMart on 535 Someone mentioned really watching the receipts there Well that is common sense anywhere I have found mistakes and went right back in They missed charging me for items never over charged I really don't get the " I hate Walmart" camp :confused3 I too do the regular shopping there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter