Walmart for Grocery Delivery

maplevale

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used WalMart for grocery delivery to a Disney Resort (PoR)? It appears I can get free delivery with a Walmart+ account and can choose my delivery time and exact items with no markup.

I am aware I need to pick a time we will be there to accept alcohol - which is fine. Will WalMart phone/Text when they are on their way etc? (We don't have grocery delivery where we live :()

Yep, you will get an email and text when they're on their way. You will schedule the exact 1-hour time window for delivery when you place your order. I use it frequently where I live (California) but I plan on using it for the first time in Florida this month to have them delivery my groceries to Pop Century. Hopefully it works as smoothly, but I have no reason to think it won't.

We use Walmart for our grocery deliveries when we stay on site. They will text you updates. You can place your order and pick your delivery time frame a week in advance.

We used Walmart+ in April. I had watch a couple of videos to be sure that I was ordering right.
We ordered a few days before our arrival and scheduled delivery between 7PM and 8PM.
Got the following emails:
4:57PM that two items were not available.
7:17PM saying the order was out for delivery with the driver’s name and an expected arrival at 7:25PM.
7:23PM order delivered and left with Bell services (was left at your door) with pictures of the bags on the shelves

We used Walmart+ for delivery for our trip in the Spring. We note to drop it off at Bell Services at our resort b/c it is usually delivered before we arrive from the airport (we don't order alcohol). We've never really had an issue and the delivery person has always let Bell Services know that we had things that needed to be refrigerated.

Used Walmart this past April. Had used them a few years ago (pre-Covid) and did not have a good experience, but they were fine this time around. Texted me for substitutions and delivered on time and order was correct.

An update for those non-US users....we tried 3 different (Canadian) credit cards and all were not processed. We tried setting our billing address to a US zip code as several others had recommended. We finally got an order to go through using an Amex. Only to be cancelled 10 minutes later.

The wonderful part being they charge your card for the full amount ...and then cancel your order. It apparently will take up to 10 business days to get the amount refunded. Not a great situation to be in on the first day of your vacation. I would not suggest the WalMart route for Canadians

We used it for delivery to the Wilderness Lodge last month. We paid an extra ten dollars for express delivery and got the order in about an hour. We met the driver at the main entrance and cut out bell services. It was very convenient.

Hello, does the Walmart that delivers to Disney sell alcohol other than beer For delivery. Thank you.

Used Walmart this past April. Had used them a few years ago (pre-Covid) and did not have a good experience, but they were fine this time around. Texted me for substitutions and delivered on time and order was correct.
We've used them for a few years and have had mixed outcomes. Order jar of mayo, out of stock, and no subs offered. Had that type of situation several times. One trip with 6 grandkids ordered 7 oz paper cups. out of stock, no subs. There were no other paper/plastic cups of any size in the store??????

But the worst was when order was on it's way, I'm waiting downstairs at BLT. Says it was delivered. Huh? I think they were at Contemporay. While I was trying to figure out what happens, I got an email/text that the order was back at the store and will be delivered in an hour. Few mins later, got email, it was cancelled.

Still used them, cause they had the best prices overall.

Hello, does the Walmart that delivers to Disney sell alcohol other than beer For delivery. Thank you.
There are several Walmart stores near Disney Property. Depends on where you are staying, which is closer and would be easiest to use.

One that we use for grocery delivery (has Kissimmee address): Has Beer, wine, Spirits and canned cocktails listed for sale.

Last edited:
The app is very good, it shows you where the driver is. You sign. Bring down a stroller or a big suitcase.

They will not substitute for alcohol, like change the flavor or anything, so choose something common.

You can pay with Paypal, I think. That might work better than a Canadian credit card.

I did a search and found this thread and I have a bell services question. When Walmart delivers to bell services, what is the appropriate tip for delivery to our room? Is it per item/bad? Groceries can be in a lot of small bags, so I was wondering what's appropriate. Thanks, everyone!

Good question, I am not sure about my answer.

My order was about 50$ plus tax and Walmart delivery tip. I remember thinking that it used a lot of bags for the number of items. They had tied bags together (two or three bunches). So the CM at the resort was able to grab everything in one trip. I picked up my order at Bell service, so no fee. For room delivery, i would probably have tipped 5$ in top of the delivery fee.

1700773348866.jpg

Good question, I am not sure about my answer.

My order was about 50$ plus tax and Walmart delivery tip. I remember thinking that it used a lot of bags for the number of items. They had tied bags together (two or three bunches). So the CM at the resort was able to grab everything in one trip. I picked up my order at Bell service, so no fee. For room delivery, i would probably have tipped 5$ in top of the delivery fee.

View attachment 812925
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter