Walkway between Poly and GF

DeeCee735

"How Do You Know of the Key?"
Will the walkway between the two resorts be closed in mid-March? If so, what is the best way to get from VGF to POLY? We are staying at VGF in mid March but have dining reservations at Kona.

TIA
Dee

Will the walkway between the two resorts be closed in mid-March? If so, what is the best way to get from VGF to POLY? We are staying at VGF in mid March but have dining reservations at Kona.

TIA
Dee
I will be there next week and wondering the same thing. I heard the walkway to GF marina and walk path to MK might be affected by GF construction!

We were there a couple weeks ago, and the path was detoured all around the Poly construction, but was still open. That could certainly change - but if it is open and detoured, be careful. They have the path crossing a main road and back again - not the normal easy paced, safe walkway it's been, and will be again when they're done building!

The closure from Grand Floridian to MK should not affect the walkway from Poly to Grand Floridian (as in its a completely different part of the walkway). The walkway between Poly and Grand Floridian is currently rerouted to where you have to cross Floridian Way, go up a couple hundred (?) feet and then cross back where the vehicle entrance is to Grand Floridian.

However:

As Walt Disney World gets ready to refurbish more guest rooms and buildings at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, the walking path between Grand Floridian and Magic Kingdom will be temporarily closed beginning Feb. 13 and is expected to reopen late this spring.
Which is literally what I said. The Grand Floridian to MK walking path is separate from the Grand Floridan / Poly path. Therefore one does not affect the other.

TIA
Dee
We walked to the Poly & back to the GF after dark on the temporary path a couple of months ago. There were some temporary lights but it still felt dark & there are temporary crosswalks at the 2 points were you cross the road but the cars on that road are moving pretty fast.
If you decide to not walk, then I’d opt to take the boat from the GF to go to dinner since the Poly is the next boat stop & take the monorail from the Poly after dinner since the GF is the next monorail stop.

In addition to the monorail, the boat will take you there. I did it on my last trip.

Thanks all. I’ve been doing this for 23 years-so I’m laughing at myself for having asked the question! Literally 😂

Hello! Does anyone know when the GF and Poly path will reopen?

Thanks
It has been open for quite some time, but rerouted along the roadway as opposed to beach. Recently they adjusted it so that you no longer have to cross the road twice - you don’t cross the road at all now.

It has been open for quite some time, but rerouted along the roadway as opposed to beach. Recently they adjusted it so that you no longer have to cross the road twice - you don’t cross the road at all now.
Great info! Do you think the beach path will open by June?

Thanks for the quick response!

Great info! Do you think the beach path will open by June?

Thanks for the quick response!
Not a chance. It's likely not going to re-open until the Poly tower construction is complete -- that is months (sometime in 2024)

Good to know. Thank you
I'm just glad to hear that you don't have to cross the road anymore. We were avoiding Poly because of that. Now once the walkway between Grand Floridian and Magic Kingdom opens back up it will go back on our list of places we'd like to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter