• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walkup dining at Citywalk?

kmacht

Mouseketeer
We are heading down to Florida for a combined Disney/Universal trip next week and I am wondering about eating dinner at citywalk after the parks close at 6. We would love to eat at Toothsome one night but I just checked and using the online system there isn't a single reservation for 3 people anytime after 4pm. Is walking up and putting your name in still possible? I don't mine an hour or two wait if needed as we can always find something else to do at citywalk to occupy our time but didn't know if the restaurants are that busy where walkups aren't possible. Anybody with recent experience?

No recent experience here, but maybe try a different amount of people for your reservations (like when looking for ressies at wdw). Try looking for 4 or even 5. You never know... good luck!

I'm not so sure if the crowds at CityWalk are limited like they are in the parks, so there is always a wait or full reservations for everything there. We stood in a line for VooDoo Doughnuts one evening that was crazy...it moved fast, but they always had a line all the way around the corner.
I would consider eating someplace inside the parks, you will have a much better chance of getting an open spot. We had great luck with Mythos, Confisco, and Lombards on our most recent trip.

We are staying offsite down by animal kingdom. Not really interested in eating in the park itself as the park closes at 6 and I don’t want to eat at 4:30 or give up an hour and a half of park time to eat dinner. I was just more wondering if walkuos were still allowed at city walk or if it’s pretty much reservations only.

Idk about walkups as I haven't been since 8/2019, but if you can't get in at CW, take one of the boats to one of the resorts and eat there! Lots of good choices. We like The Kithchen at HRH, Jakes at RPR and Sal''s Deli at PBH. There are lots more options then those also.

To follow-up if you want to eat at toothsome the only way is with a reservation. I tried going at 5pm last night and they no longer take walkups. The only reservation I could get is for mid afternoons. They diddnt have anything availablefor the next week after 2pm.

We are here now and the restaurants in City Walk are mostly turning away walk ups at dinner. We were at Toothsome tonight and Cowfish last night and they definitely were not doing walk ups. It did seem like Hard Rock was taking walk ups but the line was really long. When I checked into the Hard Rock Hotel, the cast member said to make sure to make reservations for City Walk (we already had ours made) but that the resort restaurants were accepting walk ups.

We were there last week and none of the City Walk restaurants were taking walk ups. There were a lot of disappointed folks that were turned away.

Are reservations required for lunch/early "dinner"? We usually pop out for an early lunch (around 11:00 when most places open) or early/mid afternoon around 2 or 3.) We never needed reservations before but I'm getting concerned for our trip coming up the second week of May. TIA!

We are staying offsite down by animal kingdom. Not really interested in eating in the park itself as the park closes at 6 and I don’t want to eat at 4:30 or give up an hour and a half of park time to eat dinner. I was just more wondering if walkuos were still allowed at city walk or if it’s pretty much reservations only.
Yesterday, we got a reservation at Mythos at 6:30 (US closed at 6, and IOA closed at 7). We stayed in US until close, then strolled over to IOA. No problem finishing up after park close, and we got some nice pictures on our way out with no random people in them. I don’t think there are any days that IOA closes before 7.

I can’t really speak to reservations in Citywalk, but wanted to let you know it’s possible to eat at an in-park restaurant without eating super early and giving up hours of park time.

We slightly changed our plans this today, and ended up needing a restuarant for dinner. I made a reservation for Margaritaville this morning for tonight at 7:45. There was plenty of availability until about 5. Then it was limited until after 8. When checking in at the restaurant tonight, they were turning everyone without a reservation away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter