Walking with Walt - January 2024 Exercise Thread

47 minutes very caffeinated minutes on the treadmill yesterday, while the snow came down outside. I admit, I got too into it, ran too hard, and now... Owe. Don't be me y'all. Take it slow when you're just coming back or if conditions are weird.

currently: 128/420, 30%
week 1 - 81/105 minutes
week 2 - 47/105
I swear by sea salt baths after a hard run! Acupressure mats also work wonders. But, yes, taking it easy at first is a really good idea! Hope you're feeling better.

40 minutes over the last couple of days - I'm not complaining about weather because I know some of you probably got socked with the snow but - it's hard to walk outside with that cold wind in your face! It looked so beautiful today, but I was freezing! So I just did a couple of shorter walks.
+8 getting kids in and out of snow suits is a WORKOUT

48/330
I remember those days!!!! Ugh! Once, after the struggle to get him dressed and outside, my then 3 yr. old son took two steps and said, NO Mommy! Let's go home. Ahhh kids!

80/500.

Congrats to BonnieL on turning Big Thunder Blue, and to sophy1996, Elizabeth Smith, and Twilight Sparkle on reaching Orange Bird Orange!!!

30 min Monday and 15 yesterday also puts me (PollyannaMom) at 265/500 and Pirate Purple!

The team total is up to 3,721 minutes and 33%!!!

On today's Disneyland walk with Walt, we visit the 65-foot flagpole in Town Square. Not only is there a plaque with an excerpt from Walt's opening day speech, but the base itself has an interesting history:

20 treadmill minutes each for last night and tonight brings me to 305/500,

and the team is at 4,316 minutes and 38% - go team!!! :cheer2:

Today's Walt quote is about the horse-drawn streetcars going up Main Street to Sleeping Beauty Castle -

"It's not far, but let's have some fun getting there."

The thought of a kid getting to see a horse for the first time at Disneyland made me choke up a little bit. 🥰 It's so sweet to think of life through the eyes of a child.
I took Thursday off, then felt sick yesterday (must have eaten something that disagreed with me?), and today I decided to do an arm/core exercise. I notice when I'm rocking Charles to sleep, he's heavy enough now that my arms start to ache and burn, so I need to work on that. +10 minutes.
240/700

Just stopping in to say hi :wave2: - no minutes to report - it's my turn with the upper respiratory thing that the kids have had - ugh. Just glad it's passing quickly.
Love the videos - the flagpole base reminds me of the old lamp posts in New York when I was growing up!

Congrats to ShannyMcB and sophy1996!!!

55 new minutes for me (treadmill and snow clearing) puts me at 360/500

And the team is at 4,656 minutes and 41%

Some interesting things I read in the book this week concerned Walt and trash cans. We've all probably heard the story of him pacing off the distance between trash cans as how long it took him to eat a hot dog, but I didn't know he was one of the first to popularize trash cans with swinging doors in the lids, or that he sent his manager of custodial relations to the lobby of a fancy hotel to observe how they handled trash without disturbing the guests.

In looking for "a" photo to accompany this tidbit, I found a whole photo gallery of cans themed to different areas of the park:
1705452262753.png

:earsboy: ➡️ Click here for the full page. ⬅️ :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter