• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walking Path from the Dolphin to HS

mmouse37

DCL Diva!!
I have taken the boat before to Hollywood Studios from the Swan/Dolphin and have always seen people walking the path and I want to take the walking path next time (later this month). Is it still open? I know the bus drop off has changed for H.S. but has there been any changes to the walking path? Approximately how long does it take to walk from the Dolphin boat dock to the entrance of H.S. ? I mapped it on Google Maps for walking but it seems to direct you to the actual main park entrance off E. Buena Vista Drive, not the turnstiles area.

Last question....are there two paths? one on the Dolphin side and one on the Boardwalk side? Thanks.

MJ

There is only one path to HS. Go out the Dolphin to the walkway between the Dolphin and Swan, make a left and go over the bridge. To the right is the path to HS, straight takes you to boardwalk. The path goes up into the temporary bus drop off. There is section where it’s basically a black tarp corridor. You end up at the far end of the bus drop off so you have to walk pass all the bus stops then turn right into a large corridor area to the front of HS. It’s not as nice of a walk because of the construction at HS.

The distance using the construction reroute to the Boardwalk Boatdock is .9 miles. Took us 20 min, the reroute added 3-5 min walking time

thank you!! For some reason I thought there was also a path on the Dolphin side that ran along the water and came out by the H.S. Boat Dock. Thanks for clarifying that it is just on the Boardwalk side. I am actually dropping off a rental car at Alamo at the Dolphin and was going to walk to H.S. to meet my friends so thought the walk might have been quicker than the boats. I'll make my decision when I get there. Thanks again.

MJ

The path is easy to follow. We almost always walk from Boardwalk to HS. For us, it was about 15 minutes with the construction. Most times, we find walking is faster than waiting for the boats unless the boat is waiting for us at the dock.

I am actually dropping off a rental car at Alamo at the Dolphin and was going to walk to H.S. to meet my friends so thought the walk might have been quicker than the boats. I'll make my decision when I get there. Thanks again.
The walk behind the BoardWalk along the canal to HS is always faster tReplyhen taking the boats. However there is not much shade and it can be extra hot and humid during the summer months. This time of the year it can be quite a nice walk.

Dave

We usually walk there too if weather is nice but will take the boat back and exit at the Dolphin and walk over the bridge to the boardwalk. Saves a lot of time. We love the friendship boats. It’s a relaxing ride.

If I walk to DHS from Dolphin, will I walk right past the boat docks, which if I do, and a boat has just arrived, I could grab a boat instead?

If I walk to DHS from Dolphin, will I walk right past the boat docks, which if I do, and a boat has just arrived, I could grab a boat instead?
You will walk past the boat dock and can take the boat if it is there. The boat will be faster than walking if you can catch it. Otherwise, the walk will take about 15 minutes from the Dolphin.

Yes, there is a boat dock on the causeway between the Dolphin and the Swan that you will walk past to get to the walking path. Note that the dock serves boats going both ways so check to see if the arriving boat is going to DHS or the Yacht Club.

We caught the wrong boat once by accident, as it was on the wrong side of the dock. It was a long ride. If the boat is just coming into the dock, we can usually walkto HS faster than the boat will get us there.
Most of the time, we enjoy the walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter