Walking from Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek to Signia by Hilton

ChanaC

DIS Veteran
My father is going to an industry tradeshow at the Signia in Bonnet Creek in a few weeks. Rooms were booked up for it, so he got a room at the Wyndham Grand Orlando which appears to be next door. We were looking at a map and while they look close, he was wondering if anyone knows if it's within a decently easy walking distance? Is there a path between the two? It looks like he would need to cross the street over there (Chelonia Pkwy) but does it have pedestrian walk ways?

We're also a little confused looking at a Google map of the Wyndham property. It looks like there are various buildings around a lake, but they are split between the hotel and the Wyndham timeshares and I can't tell which buildings are for which hotels. It'll make a big difference if he's in the main building or across the lake, but I'm assuming the "hotel" part is the main building and the other ones around the lake are for the timeshare, right? He'll have his car which is great especially if it rains, but with what I assume the cost of parking at both hotels are it would seem like a waste to drive over.

Has anyone been over at either hotel recently and walked between the two? Or at least noticed what the walking situation might be like? Thanks in advance!

Did you book Wyndham through the trade show? If so they may be running a shuttle.

Did you book Wyndham through the trade show? If so they may be running a shuttle.
My dad did for himself, I'm unfortunately not joining him, just helping him out with logistics. I think he booked through his company so he could be reimbursed so I don't think it was the trade show directly. I'll ask him to ask around, as I imagine if it's a big enough show they may have people staying throughout the area.

Is there any shuttle the runs normally between them? Even if it's a shared shuttle going to the parks he might be able to get on and then get off as they pick up more passengers at the other hotel.

I waas at JW Bonnnet Creek last week ... drove over. There's very little traffic on Chelonia Pkwy - nothing on that road except these hotels and it deadends at the JW so no thru traffic. I too was at a 'trade event' and the few folks I saw waking were all wearing tags for one event or another . . . There is a walkway and btw a number of UBER drivers were hanging out on the pkwy clearly waiting for a call . . .

1687360825282.png

Last edited:

Google maps suggest it's about half a mile walk.

The trade show might have a shuttle if the trade show blocked rooms at both hotels. Otherwise walk or ride share.

The Waldorf Astoria and the Hilton Signia are connected and usually the Waldorf is more reasonably priced and available .
I love the Hilton Signia but it has become very popular.
That Wyndham across the street looks huge !
Could be a long walk in Florida sunshine !

The Waldorf Astoria and the Hilton Signia are connected and usually the Waldorf is more reasonably priced and available .
I love the Hilton Signia but it has become very popular.
That Wyndham across the street looks huge !
Could be a long walk in Florida sunshine !
The Grand is the building closest to the Hilton. The rest of the large resort is Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek, the timeshare. If you book at the Grand you will be staying only in the building close to the Hilton.

When staying at the Grand, you can use all the pools and lazy rivers at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek as well.

The Hilton has twice as many rooms as the Waldorf and has a lazy river.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter